FX's 'Pose' Ratings Low - Why Aren't People Watching?

Started by Bulldagger, June 21, 2018, 07:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on June 21, 2018, 08:57:54 PM
Quote from: Nick'Challa on June 21, 2018, 08:10:25 PM
it doesnt seem interesting and i LOVE drag and drag culture .. but if i wanna see a tranny or a drag queen ill go to a drag i dont need to watch it on tv

Ballroom culture and drag culture are vastly different things. Modern drag culture was born out of the ballroom scene. The show is not about drag culture. In fact, none of the characters introduced thus* far are drag entertainers. Let?s be clear. You may not like the show, but please don?t conflate two distinct arenas of expression.

b7

Quote from: my lil' mutha fckin poneh, bitch on June 21, 2018, 09:26:18 PM
not alotta sex scenes for tha nasty aided up FAGGOTS!
so they aints interested

typical!
trans stories r infinitely more innerestin'
'specially since they showin how faggots are also jus as bigoted as scraight folk

b7

WHEW! the fuckin ghetto ... the ignorance in here
:loose2when:

of course u dont have to like the show, but ...  drag? where? no. google is ur friend, guys

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: Nick'Challa on June 21, 2018, 09:31:20 PM
Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on June 21, 2018, 08:57:54 PM
Quote from: Nick'Challa on June 21, 2018, 08:10:25 PM
it doesnt seem interesting and i LOVE drag and drag culture .. but if i wanna see a tranny or a drag queen ill go to a drag i dont need to watch it on tv

Ballroom culture and drag culture are vastly different things. Modern drag culture was born out of the ballroom scene. The show is not about drag culture. In fact, none of the characters introduced thus* far are drag entertainers. Let?s be clear. You may not like the show, but please don?t conflate two distinct arenas of expression.

GORL... i know the difference between the two hun... i stand by what i said .. i dont like the show .. thanks

Werk.

Gilgamesh.

Black people won't watch it because they like to pretend that LGBT community doesn't exist most of the time and white people won't watch it cause it's a predominantly POC cast.

I agree, send the mess to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

b7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on June 22, 2018, 04:35:01 AM
Black people won't watch it because they like to pretend that LGBT community doesn't exist most of the time and white people won't watch it cause it's a predominantly POC cast.

I agree, send the mess to Netflix or Amazon Prime.
!!! :stressed:

I?m hoping for NetFlix

FlowerBomb

I thought we all collectively agreed to IGNORE this fag :uhh:

Kurama

Quote from: 1RIG on June 22, 2018, 04:15:54 AM
WHEW! the fuckin ghetto ... the ignorance in here
:loose2when:

of course u dont have to like the show, but ...  drag? where? no. google is ur friend, guys

ddsdd

Rig has had it. Love this  :wub:

Kurama

I think the overarching theme of centering one of the most oppressed groups in existence  (poor Black and Brown queer/trans youth) is the primary reason folks aren't really tuning in. I also echo the sentiments of most of the folks in here.

For me though, it just wasn't good--granted I was only 2 episodes in but it just felt inauthentic.

It felt like everything was being thrown out at once to pull on the heart strings of folks without organically getting a feel for the characters. Beat up, kicked out, bust in the head with the bible! get aids! Like dayum can I get a feel for the character first without all of the clich? issues that we know will come throughout the show.

Then it didn't help that the acting really isn't that good, im sorry. I cringed during most of the scenes that I did see. It also doesn't help that you can tell the writers are oriented towards making these sassy catch phrases for memes or sticking power.

It isn't really gritty enough. It's like white washed to me. Like if a white man painted themselves as a trans black youth and walked into this glamorous life of competition and community.

[ You must login or register to view this Spoiler! ]

The music is great though and I do love seeing diversity in television. Hopefully it does get picked up by some real black ass folks on Netflix cause its a no from me as it stands now.

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: 1RIG on June 22, 2018, 04:13:59 AM
Quote from: Happily Unhappy on June 21, 2018, 08:31:33 PM
I don't really care much for drag or drag culture. It's not all the gay community is. I've seen fags on Facebook go up for this show and I don't see the appeal.
that isnt what this is  :dead: u dont know the difference between drag and what this show is digging into? im surprised at you.

And the ratings are also low because huge names arent attached to it. If some top white actress was portraying a trans woman instead of the actual women they got for this show, then there would be even more buzz around it.
I?m not heavily into full fledged gay culture like that. So don?t know much about the whole ballroom culture or the drag culture. It doesn?t appeal to me. No need to be surprised. I?d rather watch sports or read articles in regards to psychology.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Kurama on June 22, 2018, 10:44:51 AM
I think the overarching theme of centering one of the most oppressed groups in existence  (poor Black and Brown queer/trans youth) is the primary reason folks aren't really tuning in. I also echo the sentiments of most of the folks in here.

For me though, it just wasn't good--granted I was only 2 episodes in but it just felt inauthentic.

It felt like everything was being thrown out at once to pull on the heart strings of folks without organically getting a feel for the characters. Beat up, kicked out, bust in the head with the bible! get aids! Like dayum can I get a feel for the character first without all of the clich? issues that we know will come throughout the show.

Then it didn't help that the acting really isn't that good, im sorry. I cringed during most of the scenes that I did see. It also doesn't help that you can tell the writers are oriented towards making these sassy catch phrases for memes or sticking power.

It isn't really gritty enough. It's like white washed to me. Like if a white man painted themselves as a trans black youth and walked into this glamorous life of competition and community.

The music is great though and I do love seeing diversity in television. Hopefully it does get picked up by some real black ass folks on Netflix cause its a no from me as it stands now.
fuck me hon

BAPHOMET.

All these posts and the show is still getting cancelled :dead:

Mariah4ever

if its cancelled hope u faggots never get a gay blck mess evr 'gain

MelMel

Quote from: Guilty on June 22, 2018, 12:09:10 PM

fuck me hon
nasty hoes

Kurama

Quote from: MelMel on June 22, 2018, 12:25:50 PM
Quote from: Guilty on June 22, 2018, 12:09:10 PM

fuck me hon
nasty hoes

get out the room love, Jayd and I have plans.
:rthosehotwings: