Ashanti Show Canceled-Low Ticket Sales

Started by rosone1, October 20, 2018, 12:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosone1

Ashanti was scheduled to hit the stage for Stony Brook University's "Back to the Brook" concert for students, but the show was canceled due to low tickets sales. According to the university, they only sold 24 tickets total out of a total population of 25,000+ students and were forced to axe the event.

The Braveheart singer was tapped to headline, while Justine Skye and Stony Brook University's "The Voice" contestant Kelsea Johnson were set to open.

Now, it's not totally Ashanti's fault. Come to find out, Teyana Taylor was originally booked to perform and had to pull out due to "unforseen circumstances" two weeks prior to the show. The production team scrambled to get a new headliner, and eventually nabbed Ashanti to perform. However, the college kids weren't grabbing tickets to see her perform.

The school issued a statement revealing the exact number of tickets sold (shade!) and explained why they decided to pull the plug on the show. In a nut shell, they said it would be cheaper to cancel than to keep promoting the show and actually executing.

BAPHOMET.

Vmgkgkfiiffufuiffuif

I guess IG likes dont = actual interest. Lol

Cowboy Nine

Not 24 tickets jdjsnfo'sdn'f3riom'frlmkl'mkk

Admin

Harlem

Lazarus

It's really no one's fault. It left the University little to no time to market and promote Ashanti as the new headliner once Teyana dropped out two weeks prior to the event.

rosone1

Quote from: Cherokee on October 20, 2018, 12:34:09 PM
Why would she think college aged students would be checking for her like that?

All of her fans are fully grown by now
Right.And only 6% of tthe students there are black.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Harlem on October 20, 2018, 12:37:28 PM
They should?ve booked Summer Walker

:everythingok: think it wouldve been the same 'sult tbh

Rxxf

Quote from: Cherokee on October 20, 2018, 12:34:09 PM
Why would she think college aged students would be checking for her like that?

All of her fans are fully grown by now
BRANDY

LiiVE

Damn why would they expose the ticket sells dndnmdmsms that?s so embarrassing.

Sevyn streeter did a free concert at my school before and literally only a handful of people showed up :kii: I was recieving so much second hand embarrassment  watching her give her all on stage to an empty gymnamisum.

Rxxf

Quote from: november on October 20, 2018, 01:28:34 PM
Damn why would they expose the ticket sells dndnmdmsms that?s so embarrassing.

Sevyn streeter did a free concert at my school before and literally only a handful of people showed up :kii: I was recieving so much second hand embarrassment  watching her give her all on stage to an empty gymnamisum.

Good for her, though.
That's how you do it. Lol.
BRANDY

ton

Kaeli.

MSBSMDBDMBDNDNNDN

Wow poor Ashanti

if she came to my school I?m sure all 300 of the blacks would show up. We only get country whites here

RAY7

This reminds me of when Bran performed for 40 people in Africa that time
:dead: guess it happens to everyone