Brandy Speaks on B7 Deluxe

Started by anon, May 04, 2021, 10:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

May 05, 2021, 09:49:17 AM #45 Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:49:39 AM by Young
I think it was a great era; especially considering the time in which it was released.

So much content, awards, interviews, some top tier gems to add to her catalog

It did what was needed

B7 :stressed:

bby ddy

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Young on May 05, 2021, 09:49:17 AM
I think it was a great era; especially considering the time in which it was released.

It did what was needed

and still the SAME 2 video mess even though we have been promised a more than two video era since humans

Harlem

I'm sorry but Brandy knew damn well she needed to push Rather Be & Say Something as official singles to continue to give the era legs... she's independent now so at this point she has no one else to blame

Harlem

With this new image she got I wouldn't be mad if she officially pushed Rather Be still... just give the video some budget and quality visuals

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: The definition on May 05, 2021, 09:38:54 AM
Her most personal album, yet her least successful.....although Brandy was saying that she doesn't care about sales anymore, she must have been disappointed. Deluxe is not even an option right now

I hope not, because it would've been silly of her to expect much commercial success after 8 years with an album like this.  :dead:
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Summertime

Quote from: Harlem on May 05, 2021, 12:54:11 PM
I'm sorry but Brandy knew damn well she needed to push Rather Be & Say Something as official singles to continue to give the era legs... she's independent now so at this point she has no one else to blame

My songs and they deserved videos.

Dr Naomi Campbell

May 05, 2021, 01:20:51 PM #52 Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:26:49 PM by Jayda X
it depends what her budget is giving
Artists who use their own personal funds to release singles and shoot videos  hardly see the returns
I don't blame her, the sales weren't exceptional high to validate another two singles.
Just listen to the mess, at least you can HEAR the shit right?
Unless she's going with a big name director the visuals wouldn't have showcased the songs in the best light

Cowgirl

Quote from: Jayda X on May 05, 2021, 01:20:51 PM
it depends what her budget is giving
Artists who use their own personal funds to release singles and shoot hideous hardly see the returns
I don't blame her, the sales weren't exceptional high to validate another two singles.
Just listen to the mess, at least you can HEAR the shit right?
Unless she's going with a big name director the visuals wouldn't have showcased the songs in the best light
!!

The SS Pandora live performance was all the visual I needed! That was wayyy better than the actual mv's for BM and Border..

Cowgirl

Quote from: Young on May 05, 2021, 09:49:17 AM

It did what was needed

!!

Beyond impressed by her commitment to the B7 era. Socked even.

Dr Naomi Campbell

Right?!
Yall want another Frank Gatson mess yall can tear down and pick apart?
I'm good  :dead:

rosone1

Quote from: Jayda X on May 04, 2021, 10:21:26 PM
Judijdjdj the deluxe was a dream tbh
Labels usually pump out deluxes for Uber successful era's to squeeze even more money, don't know why we were seriously expecting one for her least commercial album

Back in the maybe but some years ago,  the deluxe came out the same day as the regular. Lucky Daye got a deluxe and his album wasn't big.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: rosone1 on May 05, 2021, 01:30:12 PM
Labels usually pump out deluxes for Uber successful era's to squeeze even more money, don't know why we were seriously expecting one for her least commercial album

Back in the maybe but some years ago,  the deluxe came out the same day as the regular. Lucky Daye got a deluxe and his album wasn't big.

Jojo too and she did a christmas mess as well and no one is even checking for JOJO at ALL

EL CHICO CEDRICO

Quote from: The definition on May 05, 2021, 09:38:54 AM
Her most personal album, yet her least successful.....although Brandy was saying that she doesn't care about sales anymore, she must have been disappointed. Deluxe is not even an option right now

She's a big liar ! SHE CARES !
She's a stubborn something and especially in this type of situations.
The sales wasn't what she expected, so she stoped promoting and she started to look for others opportunities to fill her pocket like she always do (acting for example).

rosone1

Quote from: Troye on May 05, 2021, 01:39:15 PM
Quote from: rosone1 on May 05, 2021, 01:30:12 PM

Jojo too and she did a christmas mess as well and no one is even checking for JOJO at ALL
I forgot about that.