i appreciate this so much more now

Started by shante smith, May 26, 2021, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalumeci.

Missy was never ever touted as anyone's RAPPER rapper so to criticize her for it today isn't it. 

She was out of the box in the 90s. And it stood out. Now everything is out of the box. Just like we clutched our pearls in the 90s when Kim said "I'm drinking babies" on her debut single, now when the girls rap nasty we're like meh. 

shante smith

May 27, 2021, 07:13:15 AM #16 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:16:02 AM by ring off
She was def touted as a "female rapper"

and included in conversations with the other girls like lil shim and fox, just like I did just now

hhbvvvvvvvv

I get wat ur saying but let's not act like she wasn't lumped in with them

People literally categorize her as a rapper . You saying she really isn't one kinda goes back to my point tbh

Aalumeci.

She was never thought of in this "toe to toe" to way you're describing 

shante smith

May 27, 2021, 07:25:11 AM #18 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:28:20 AM by ring off
U could just be speaking for urself luv , cuz I've def seen the girls go in about her lyricism as if it was so amazing

right here on this board. Bdbfnfbfb

it was like

I actually agree with u, I never held her to a super high standard of lyricism and kinda just enjoyed her for who and what she was .

I woulda roasted the fuck outta fox if she came out with some "ooh baby baby u like my leggy leggys? " mess in her prime

Like gor. Wat r u doing. Stop playing with these hoes and go in

But it was cute for missy

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time

shante smith

May 27, 2021, 07:35:42 AM #20 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:37:18 AM by ring off
Quote from: plastic on May 27, 2021, 07:34:06 AM

:plzstop:
nicki is shady

Men bbbvvvvvvvvvvv

Tryna make him type out a "ookie ookie my cookie cookie " mess as missys best work

But lonz this is wat I'm talking about vvvv YOU get it but I don't think others do

Aalumeci.

Quote from: ring off on May 27, 2021, 07:25:11 AM
U could just be speaking for urself luv , cuz I've def seen the girls go in about her lyricism as if it was so amazing

it was like

I actually agree with u, I never held her to a super high standard of lyricism and kinda just enjoyed her for who and what she was .

I woulda roasted the fuck outta fox if she came out with some "ooh baby baby u like my leggy leggys? " mess in her prime

Nnn well her brand was always that. Fun. Charisma. Catchiness. Visuals. Package. I've never seen anyone label Missy as some lyricist, and that's not even shade to her because that's literally just what she's not. If you say someone on here said she's Rakim...... I mean everyone trolls on here. I have literally never seen a publication state anything similar to that, her entire career. If you heard someone in the media say she's a "good female rapper", well I mean that's relative and they could be just considering her entire give.

shante smith

Quote from: L0NZ. on May 27, 2021, 07:48:53 AM

it was like

Nnn well her brand was always that. Fun. Charisma. Catchiness. Visuals. Package. I've never seen anyone label Missy as some lyricist [/size] and that's not even shade to her because that's literally just what she's not. If you say someone on here said she's Rakim...... I mean everyone trolls on here. I have literally never seen a publication state anything similar to that, her entire career. If you heard someone in the media say she's a "good female rapper", well I mean that's relative and they could be just considering her entire give.
look at the post above luv

Aalumeci.

Quote from: ring off on May 27, 2021, 07:35:42 AM
Quote from: plastic on May 27, 2021, 07:34:06 AM

:plzstop:
nicki is shady

Men bbbvvvvvvvvvvv

Tryna make him type out a "ookie ookie my cookie cookie " mess as missys best work

But lonz this is wat I'm talking about vvvv YOU get it but I don't think others do

You don't think for one second that he typed that, to make her type THAT?

Aalumeci.

Quote from: ring off on May 27, 2021, 07:50:13 AM
Quote from: L0NZ. on May 27, 2021, 07:48:53 AM

it was like

Nnn well her brand was always that. Fun. Charisma. Catchiness. Visuals. Package. I've never seen anyone label Missy as some lyricist [/size] and that's not even shade to her because that's literally just what she's not. If you say someone on here said she's Rakim...... I mean everyone trolls on here. I have literally never seen a publication state anything similar to that, her entire career. If you heard someone in the media say she's a "good female rapper", well I mean that's relative and they could be just considering her entire give.
look at the post above luv

I can find someone saying they r*pe cats somewhere on the internet that doesn't mean they were serious while typing it. I can't believe there's a post by Nicki asking about male and female lyricists, and someone mentions MISSY ELLIOT (who the barbs have had an issue with in the past) and you dont question whether or not that wasn't said to get a reaction out of Nicki.

shante smith

Shall I keep going? The receipts are super easy to find 

fmmfmfmfnnm

Aalumeci.

Quote from: ring off on May 27, 2021, 07:56:57 AM
Shall I keep going? The receipts are super easy to find

fmmfmfmfnnm

By definition, Missy is a better lyricist than any girl mentioned in this thread so far. The "golden touch/Midas pen game" speaks to her songwriting for herself and maaaaaaany others, which can be some amazing R&B song. By definition Missy is one of the great lyricists of our time.

But by the culture's definition, we know what we mean by saying someone is a LYRICIST.

For these receipts to work, you would have to also prove that you know for certain that they were referring to lyricist in the intellectual, backpack, battle rap way.

Aalumeci.

May 27, 2021, 08:06:34 AM #28 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 08:07:23 AM by L0NZ.
That very first tweet literally shows that sis wasnt exactly sure what she was getting at, but she wanted to describe something that is top of the line. For that reason, her mention of "lyricist" in that barrage of titles should be taken lightly. Missy is Top 5 banger!

????
N

Aalumeci.

So yea people exalt Missys overall package and contributions