i appreciate this so much more now

Started by shante smith, May 26, 2021, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalumeci.

The tweet from the EOTM Awards, "Top 4 Lyricist" mentions Missy. But their organizations gives 

" The EOTM Awards is an accolade presented by the EOTM Radio & TV Network celebrating entrepreneurial achievements and performances in business, philanthropy and the arts (recordings, television, radio, literature, film, directing and writing)."

Which definition of lyricist do you think they're getting at?

Aalumeci.

May 27, 2021, 08:20:08 AM #31 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 08:23:11 AM by L0NZ.
This guy has a popular reaction channel and every time he reacts to Missy, he mentions how she's one of his favorite female rappers but also says "this wasn't anything too deep, but that's not why Missy is my fav." I was just watching this yesterday. I think collectively, nobody seriously thinks Missy is, or has ever tried to be Mos Def.

"it's just cool sounding, I don't care WHAT she was saying"

d
d
d
d

Speaks to her cadence, flow, her sound, her package. And he's right. The "fire fire jambalaya" lyrics were the parts of her songs people remember, even in jest.... u are proof bby

Cowgirl

shante smith

May 27, 2021, 08:32:14 AM #33 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 08:32:55 AM by ring off
Gor... you said people don't regard missy as a "lyricist"

i said they do and gave u plenty examples .. including one of a man going as far to say that it missys not on someone's top 10 lyricist list they don't know their rap shit hfjfjfjfjf

that's all I got 🤷🏾‍♀️

Cowgirl

Missy is often referred as a "top" rapper for having consistent hits where she raps and basically being the female Busta Rhymes with visuals and creativity.

Plastic.

ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta
sex me so good I say blah blah blah

best selling female rapper of all time

shante smith

F f f f. F g. F g nffnfn

wanna see my cha cha ? :woohoo:
go down and eat it like a vol-cha

Plastic.

Quote from: ring off on May 27, 2021, 08:38:09 AM
F f f f. F g. F g nffnfn

wanna see my cha cha ? :woohoo:
go down and eat it like a vol-cha
SSDDSDSSDDDDDDV

Cowgirl

Aalumeci.

Quote from: ring off on May 27, 2021, 08:32:14 AM

i said they do and gave u plenty examples .. including one of a man going as far to say that it missys not on someone's top 10 lyricist list they don't know their rap shit hfjfjfjfjf

that's all I got 🤷🏾‍♀️

I said they don't regard Missy as a lyricist in the way you and I know it, in the battle rap/conscious rap/Punchline vein.

shante smith

May 27, 2021, 09:01:23 AM #40 Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:02:19 AM by ring off
Quote from: L0NZ. on May 27, 2021, 08:52:35 AM

that's all I got 🤷🏾‍♀️

I said they don't regard Missy as a lyricist in the way you and I know it, in the battle rap/conscious rap/Punchline vein.
I think they do

When someone uses the word "lyricist" as opposed to "rapper" they're usually just a bit more inclined than ur average casual rap listener IMO

It's one of those words that everyone doesn't throw around without having an idea of the context

Aalumeci.

Quote from: ring off on May 27, 2021, 09:01:23 AM

that's all I got 🤷🏾‍♀️

I think they do

IMO

Glad you said that tbh. Not going to argue with it bby

Justaway_

It's always the same hdhdhdf Aaliyah/Ginuwine/Wray/Tim&Missy stans defending and extolling that "cult", which is fine, but wow nostalgia plays a huge factor. 

shante smith

Quote from: L0NZ. on May 27, 2021, 09:03:42 AM
Quote from: ring off on May 27, 2021, 09:01:23 AM

that's all I got 🤷🏾‍♀️

I think they do

IMO

Glad you said that tbh. Not going to argue with it bby
I mean all either one of us can do is speculate about how informed they are , the context etc

Which is why I emphasize "I think" and "IMO"

But the fact is that they do refer to her as a lyricist , and they do list her as a top lyricist . That was my point from the beginning.

Plastic.

Quote from: Justaway_ on May 27, 2021, 09:13:10 AM
It's always the same hdhdhdf Aaliyah/Ginuwine/Wray/Tim&Missy stans defending and extolling that "cult", which is fine, but wow nostalgia plays a huge factor.
:omf: