Nick Cannon is REALLY sick of the shit huh? Calls out Jimmy Fallon and Kimmel

Started by Vonc2002, February 14, 2019, 03:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedswatchin

There's no comparison between blackface and whiteface. Only one has a nasty historical context and was used to opress people. White people have never been oppressed, so whiteface isn't offensive. And if it is, oh well lol!

FlowerBomb

Right and before someone even mentions or gets started on that whole "dumb blonde!" thing
Well that whole bit was started BY white people and carried ON by white people :dead:

fedswatchin

Quote from: Chokeme Politely on February 14, 2019, 03:50:38 AM
A SNL skit of Jay and Bey in ?black face? wouldnt offend me.

It?s just trying to imitate another person and their personality/ mannerisms

This would tho

He doesn?t even look human. He?s not imitating anyone. It?s his own racist idea of how all black people look and act
Blackface is always wrong. This idea that the racism has to be blatant in order to be clovked, it's not working at all

FlowerBomb

QuoteThis idea that the racism has to be blatant in order to be clocked, it's not working at all
see here bitch
:guys:

fedswatchin

Quote from: NAOMI!!! on February 14, 2019, 03:54:04 AM
QuoteThis idea that the racism has to be blatant in order to be clocked, it's not working at all
see here bitch
:guys:
Idk whether choke was simply trolling, but he sayin some fucked up backwards shit in here

Vonc2002

Quote from: NAOMI!!! on February 14, 2019, 03:48:46 AM
Whiteface isn't rooted in racism or does it have the history Blackface does.
Blackface was invented by white actors to portray black people by wearing tattered clothes and exaggerated our features to look stereotypically "black." It started off by mimicking enslaved Africans on Southern plantations, depicting black people as lazy, ignorant, cowardly or hypersexual, stereotypes which still harm us and limit us today.

Two different things people.
I get this. I guess I just think it shouldn't be done in general because i think if we do it it's almost like a free pass for someone else to follow that behavior.  I think respect should be given all around.  Blackface and what the wayans did in white chicks is pretty much the same thing isn't it?  One group of people taking what they think are stereotypical characteristics of another people and making a joke out of it. A caricatured version of a group of people
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: Temper on February 14, 2019, 03:51:22 AM
There's no comparison between blackface and whiteface. Only one has a nasty historical context and was used to opress people. White people have never been oppressed, so whiteface isn't offensive. And if it is, oh well lol!
:plzstop: :kii: :plzstop: :kii: :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: ZAIYE on February 14, 2019, 03:58:40 AM
Eek

I was gonna try and make a debate thread about this, but the more I typed the OP, the more coonish it began to sound.

This is why I shouldn't touch on world issues.
!!!!!
I re-read my last post and it is a lil "all lives matterish" :dead:

FlowerBomb

Quote from: ZAIYE on February 14, 2019, 04:01:51 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 14, 2019, 03:59:14 AM
Quote from: NAOMI!!! on February 14, 2019, 03:48:46 AM
Whiteface isn't rooted in racism or does it have the history Blackface does.
Blackface was invented by white actors to portray black people by wearing tattered clothes and exaggerated our features to look stereotypically "black." It started off by mimicking enslaved Africans on Southern plantations, depicting black people as lazy, ignorant, cowardly or hypersexual, stereotypes which still harm us and limit us today.

Two different things people.
I get this. I guess I just think it shouldn't be done in general because i think if we do it it's almost like a free pass for someone else to follow that behavior.  I think respect should be given all around.  Blackface and what the wayans did in white chicks is pretty much the same thing isn't it?  One group of people taking what they think are stereotypical characteristics of another people and making a joke out of it. A caricatured version of a group of people
All of this. By doing what they're doing, we're no better than them.
No, No & No. :uhh:

CHOKE

Ironic Jimmy?s impersonating Chris Rock

The same man that allows whites to say nigger right in front of him

:melmel:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 14, 2019, 03:49:42 AM
Choke, funny enough Nick addressed this on his insta

QuotenickcannonTEACHABLE MOMENT: America, There is NO such thing as ?WhiteFace? just like there is no such thing as ?Reverse Racism?. BlackFace and Racism are rooted in and are byproducts of the Institutionalized Oppression of a subjugated people. The racist and severely damaging ?Jim Crow laws? received its name from the BLackface minstrel movement of the 19th century and proceeds to cause pain to this day. A constant reminder that People of color are looked at as second class citizens in this country. Now when you look up the standard definition of ?Whiteface? all you will find is an elite Ski Resort in Upstate NY. This is not a Tit-for-Tat argument. These are FACTS. These recent revealings of people painting themselves black or brown and speaking in broken slang in an attempt to be humorous or have fun; as if our culture is some sort of party trick or costume is unacceptable. Along with @Gucci @Prada @Moncler and any other companies or corporations who wish to exploit our pain. Racism is when an ?elite? group uses its systemic power to enforce harm, hardship, and pain on others. If you don?t understand this, then it probably means you are or benefit from that elite group of privileged oppressors that we speak of.
ROUND 1 goes to : THE CULTURE ?? Holla at me!!!
I had to come back and read this and I really do understand and agree with everything.  I just try to take myself out of the equation and think about everyone and I get how someone would be like so it's cool for you to mock me but I'm racist if I mock u. It's a lil unfair, but shit the world is full of double standards and inconsistencies so  :letsmessfag:

FlowerBomb

not saying fuck it and just naming him "cotton"
wtf :dead:

See the difference IS guys, you can throw some white paint on and throw a blonde wig on and act "white"? whatever that is....but white people are not at the bottom of the social ladder. These stereotypes are not affecting their income, communities, job prospects ect
Blackface is more than just throwing some black paint on, it's embodying and reinforcing these archaic stereotypes about black people, these stereotypes that STILL limit us today.
Uneducated, not worthy of employment, too sexual, too violent, too dumb, only good for physical labour, good enough to fuck but not good enough to date, big dicks and tits akin to animals ..and it's more than just thoughts, these things actually our lives and health in many ways.
So what if you tell some dumb blonde jokes and pull out a damn ham and cheese sandwich :uhh:
The effect is not the same and never will be the same.

fedswatchin

Honkies should know not to put mud on their face and go out in public by now. There's no excuse for them. Whiteface has NEVER been an epidemic

Vonc2002

Quote from: Temper on February 14, 2019, 04:15:45 AM
Honkies should know not to put mud on their face and go out in public by now. There's no excuse for them. Whiteface has NEVER been an epidemic
I agree with this too. I've legit never seen someone imitate white people in that way unless its some whitechicks/HOLLYWOOD shit. Matter fact, i can't recall a time outside of whitechicks that ive seen "whiteface".
So for regular ass white people to do shit like this for Halloween  or whenever they wanna get their kicks has a whole different intention.