Nick Cannon is REALLY sick of the shit huh? Calls out Jimmy Fallon and Kimmel

Started by Vonc2002, February 14, 2019, 03:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zankou.

"I don't see anything wrong with this"

you really find out how STUPID people are when stuff like this comes out

fedswatchin

Quote from: 'ology on February 14, 2019, 10:20:48 AM
Black ppl have never had the social dominance in western cultures to make a black person in "white face" offensive nor do we have such a dark disgusting history of treatment of yts. Yts have orchested the dismantaling of every other ethnicity on the planets pride, culture, and self image with blacks having suffered far beyond any other. So jokes or not I see them as internalized fears, stereotypes, and behaviors that they can convinently and convertly broadcast to their medium. Which results in more copying and more direct dehumanizing or black ppl and our culture.
choke was fuckin thrashed :plzstop:

Kalifornia.

Quote from: ZAIYE on February 14, 2019, 04:01:51 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 14, 2019, 03:59:14 AM
Quote from: NAOMI!!! on February 14, 2019, 03:48:46 AM
Whiteface isn't rooted in racism or does it have the history Blackface does.
Blackface was invented by white actors to portray black people by wearing tattered clothes and exaggerated our features to look stereotypically "black." It started off by mimicking enslaved Africans on Southern plantations, depicting black people as lazy, ignorant, cowardly or hypersexual, stereotypes which still harm us and limit us today.

Two different things people.
I get this. I guess I just think it shouldn't be done in general because i think if we do it it's almost like a free pass for someone else to follow that behavior.  I think respect should be given all around.  Blackface and what the wayans did in white chicks is pretty much the same thing isn't it?  One group of people taking what they think are stereotypical characteristics of another people and making a joke out of it. A caricatured version of a group of people
All of this. By doing what they're doing, we're no better than them.

This would be valid if Blacks & Whites were on equal footing, but clearly the rules are different for each.

CHOKE

lol

At the end of the day the man Nick is defending sat across from a group of white men and let them call him a nigger

I bet he thought the black face mess was a kiii

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 14, 2019, 04:11:49 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 14, 2019, 03:49:42 AM
Choke, funny enough Nick addressed this on his insta

QuotenickcannonTEACHABLE MOMENT: America, There is NO such thing as ?WhiteFace? just like there is no such thing as ?Reverse Racism?. BlackFace and Racism are rooted in and are byproducts of the Institutionalized Oppression of a subjugated people. The racist and severely damaging ?Jim Crow laws? received its name from the BLackface minstrel movement of the 19th century and proceeds to cause pain to this day. A constant reminder that People of color are looked at as second class citizens in this country. Now when you look up the standard definition of ?Whiteface? all you will find is an elite Ski Resort in Upstate NY. This is not a Tit-for-Tat argument. These are FACTS. These recent revealings of people painting themselves black or brown and speaking in broken slang in an attempt to be humorous or have fun; as if our culture is some sort of party trick or costume is unacceptable. Along with @Gucci @Prada @Moncler and any other companies or corporations who wish to exploit our pain. Racism is when an ?elite? group uses its systemic power to enforce harm, hardship, and pain on others. If you don?t understand this, then it probably means you are or benefit from that elite group of privileged oppressors that we speak of.
ROUND 1 goes to : THE CULTURE ?? Holla at me!!!
I had to come back and read this and I really do understand and agree with everything.  I just try to take myself out of the equation and think about everyone and I get how someone would be like so it's cool for you to mock me but I'm racist if I mock u. It's a lil unfair, but shit the world is full of double standards and inconsistencies so  :letsmessfag:
:sistas:

Cowgirl

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, not all "blackface" is offensive/meant with ill-intent.

Vonc2002

Quote from: BowDown on February 15, 2019, 10:19:43 AM
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, not all "blackface" is offensive/meant with ill-intent.
sdsdddddddffffgfggfgfffffff
Come back with a bang then queen
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cowgirl

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 15, 2019, 10:24:38 AM
xcxcxccccccccccc

:letsmessfag:

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 15, 2019, 10:24:38 AM
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

BranLover

This wouldn?t be as offensive if Fallon didn?t make a generalization about black people in his skit or if Kimmel didn?t try speaking in slang. Both are poking fun at black people while posing as one, doesn?t sound much different from blackface to me.