The 2016 MTV VMA Thread [Winners On First Page]

Started by charlie., August 28, 2016, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Formation coming after Dont hurt yourself was kinda weird

all that fire and shit, i was expecting 6 inch. maybe a performance will help me appreciate it more

b7

Quote from: Drais. on August 29, 2016, 11:44:26 AM
But the obvious lip sync. Can she at least do a prerecord? The way they just throw a cd in the boombox and have her shamelessly lip to it  :dead:       
:plzstop:

it really bothers me. i live for a great pre-record most times

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 29, 2016, 11:59:22 AM
Quote from: GoDiegoGo on August 29, 2016, 11:54:51 AM
OMG Ariana WTF? How do you get BOOKED by Nick Jonas in a live performance?
Ariana isn't known for performances, just vocals, which is why i think that whole theme was stupid. How tf u gon fck up the one thing that u do well. Who the fck thought it was smart for a singer to soul cycle and sing live, stupid
:plzstop:

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 29, 2016, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: Margeaux. on August 29, 2016, 12:19:32 PM
I don't want to start no mess but why are they saying the VMAs were disastrous? Is it because it was black as fuck? Because no shade other than those two coons they had cracking weak jokes, the show was lit asf.
I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!
!!!!!!

it was the first time in YEARS that i didn't skim and forward through the entire show on my DVR  :uhh: :dead: only
thing i skipped was those corny ass hosts

CHOKE

CHOKE

The hosts and Bey being the only reason to watch is probably why they're calling it a disappointment

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Rig's on August 30, 2016, 05:09:18 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 29, 2016, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: Margeaux. on August 29, 2016, 12:19:32 PM
I don't want to start no mess but why are they saying the VMAs were disastrous? Is it because it was black as fuck? Because no shade other than those two coons they had cracking weak jokes, the show was lit asf.
I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!
!!!!!!

it was the first time in YEARS that i didn't skim and forward through the entire show on my DVR  :uhh: :dead: only
thing i skipped was those corny ass hosts
The hosts were HORRRRRRRIBLE
like wtf

GRAND

they didnt have mediocre white performances so theyre upset probably

FlowerBomb

Corny beyond belief
Where they poking fun at black social media?

FadedEnvy

MTV joins in the shade:

There's no denying it: The 2016 Video Music Awards were Beyonc?'s night, and if anyone tries to tell you differently, cut that person out of your life completely.

It started with the 11 VMA nominations Bey nabbed this year (the most of any artist) and continued on through her wins for Breakthrough Long Form Video for Lemonade and Best Female Video for "Hold Up" ? and, oh yeah, her camera-smashing, arena-traversing, literally on fire medley performance of cuts from the Lemonade album. And then the queen was finally crowned with her win for Video of the Year for "Formation."

http://www.mtv.com/news/2924459/beyo...ear-2016-vmas/

FINE.

Quote from: FadedEnvy on August 30, 2016, 05:20:01 PM
MTV joins in the shade:

There's no denying it: The 2016 Video Music Awards were Beyonc?'s night, and if anyone tries to tell you differently, cut that person out of your life completely.

It started with the 11 VMA nominations Bey nabbed this year (the most of any artist) and continued on through her wins for Breakthrough Long Form Video for Lemonade and Best Female Video for "Hold Up" ? and, oh yeah, her camera-smashing, arena-traversing, literally on fire medley performance of cuts from the Lemonade album. And then the queen was finally crowned with her win for Video of the Year for "Formation."

http://www.mtv.com/news/2924459/beyo...ear-2016-vmas/
oof!

CHOKE

August 30, 2016, 05:22:21 PM #2186 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:23:04 PM by Chokeme
MTV how u gonna give that girl the Vanguard Award and shade her down like that??

Ion like it

FadedEnvy

Quote from: Chokeme on August 30, 2016, 05:22:21 PM
MTV how u gonna give that girl the Vanguard Award and shade her down like that??

Ion like it

ikr! it's just plain brutal. :plzstop:

Is there something we could all pitch in and do for her, like a gofundme, indiegogo?  :stressed:

CHOKE

But on a serious note I have to be thankful that my fave is talented enough to never be overshadowed especially on the night of winning the Vanguard award

Couldn't imagine

FlowerBomb