LOVE AGAIN Solo Version

Started by Cuban0, June 19, 2020, 12:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Champ

Quote from: myneed on June 19, 2020, 01:42:20 PM
I mean it doesn't...
Shiz has a song called Again Love, so that may have been the reference.
I still don't use tho  :plzstop:
Her choices in general seem all over the place, which is odd cuz she's known for making excellent ones.

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Lee on June 19, 2020, 01:48:49 PM
I mean it doesn't...
Her choices in general seem all over the place, which is odd cuz she's known for making excellent ones.

Yeah it's not that big of deal. Just a weird choice
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Vonc2002

It's funny what y'all saying about choices and her tone being all over the place tho,  because that's EXACTLY what I feel about baby mama. It sounds like a bunch of MESS
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

CREAM.

I mean it doesn't...

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Zankou.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on June 19, 2020, 01:50:27 PM
It's funny what y'all saying about choices and her tone being all over the place tho,  because that's EXACTLY what I feel about baby mama. It sounds like a bunch of MESS

:dead:

Le Champ

Quote from: myneed on June 19, 2020, 01:50:17 PM
I mean it doesn't...

Yeah it's not that big of deal. Just a weird choice
!!!

Vonc2002

Vonc2002

GYNandTONIC

Yeah, I'm not feeling this at all.

The original feels so much more laid-back, effortless, and groovy. She took all the chill out on the solo version and it feels over done vocally but undermixed. She is overshadowing the production but not in a good way.

I just pray this album has some minimalist gems. I'm really nervous it's going to be layers on layers of vocals w/ contrasting textures and off beat melodies. I understand it's apart of her  style, but I don't need more of it. She had a great balance through her career and now I feel like she is leaning too hard to one side.

Vonc2002

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on June 19, 2020, 02:01:03 PM

I'm really nervous it's going to be layers on layers of vocals w/ contrasting textures and off beat melodies. I understand it's apart of her  style, but I don't need more of it. She had a great balance through her career and now I feel like she is leaning too hard to one side.
I agree with this COMPLETELY! It's like now she's ODing with the layers and harmonies and I'm not pleased AT ALL! All the lil snippets she was releasing over the yrs, that's what there was too much of in EVERY song for me. Like, why can't u just let ur lead vocal be in the forefront for ONCE! All these other oohs and aahs while the verses are going on is aFCKNnnoying.