Lil Papi
5 (8.8%)
Candy
7 (12.3%)
Lulu
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Freemala Harris

QuoteI sat back and watched all of your theories for EP 4 over the past week.

This one was really important to me and was very emotionally challenging to shoot. Now that you've seen it, tell me what you thought. Has anyone had any similar encounters or felt fearful of contracting HIV?

When were you last tested? Are you having these conversations with your sexual partner(s)? Know your status and know the FACTS! As you see in the episode, there was lots of misinformation floating around in the 80s like "you can only get it if you are the receiving party" or "you can't get it from a woman".

These are MYTHS. Some that I have even heard repeated in modern times. Ask your healthcare provider or visit ahf.org for more info. #posefx #artistdiaries #rickyevangelista #RICKY #forgiovanni

This episode was so raw, emotional, and very educational

This show  :stressed:

Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh.

This trans girl at the ball looks like Tamar.

b7

Freemala Harris

June 25, 2018, 05:59:20 PM #290 Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 05:59:32 PM by Freeruu
Spruced the OP up a bit  :supluv:

Feel free to add any suggestions yawl

Freemala Harris

QuoteI feel like I?m standing [up] for all of my friends who didn?t make it and whose stories were buried for so long,? Porter tells Variety. ?Their stories are getting told [now] and I?m one of the people who?s getting to tell them, and that means everything to me.?

Porter came out in 1985 and shortly after lost his first friend to the disease, followed by quite a few more in the years that followed. He moved to New York in the 1990s and says he lived through a lot of the tension, fear, and heartbreak that the characters in ?Pose? experience ? along with a sense of community.

?It was new ? nobody knew how to do any of it,? he says. ?We have 35 years now ? of how to talk about it, how to explain it, but [then] it was like you got it and you were going to die. You were diseased. You were like a leper ? even to the people who loved you. So the last thing he would want to do is tell anybody.?

Porter admits he never thought he?d ?live long enough to see [a show like] this,? but the fact that he not only gets to see it but also gets to be a part of it is not something he takes lightly.

?This experience has taught me to dream about the impossible,? he says. ?Art illuminates. Art is a catalyst for change. It always has been. That?s why the first thing that dictator-like governments want to take away ? because it creates a space where people can think for themselves, think outside of the box [and] people can dream, people can become leaders. I think it?s something that?s empowering our community. ? Visibility, I am convinced, is the first and probably one of the most important steps in self-actualization. When you can see something else that looks like you, you?re empowered to keep going.?

https://variety.com/2018/tv/features/pose-billy-porter-episode-4-diagnosis-interview-1202852066/

wow  :'(

I can't even imagine how hard it was back then

Gilgamesh.

June 25, 2018, 06:34:12 PM #292 Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:39:34 PM by Gilgamesh.
Angel is acting downe. The scene where he can't get hard and she starts lashing him :plzstop:

ton

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on June 25, 2018, 06:34:12 PM
Angel is acting downe. The scene where he can't get hard and she starts mashing him :plzstop:
!!!

She's so natural with it

I love it

D.I.E.G.O.

What a powerful episode. I am shocked they went that far, as these are REAL issues so many trans women face. And the HIV scare made me sweat a bit. Angel?s conversation with Stan was sobering. Great episode.

Gilgamesh.

D.I.E.G.O.

Also, Christopher Meloni is still fine as a motherfucker. Woo!

b7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on June 25, 2018, 06:34:12 PM
Angel is acting downe. The scene where he can't get hard and she starts lashing him :plzstop:
!!!!!! Time for an Emmy mess tbh

Her and PrayTell