7 (12.3%)
Lulu
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Freeruu on July 10, 2019, 06:38:49 AM
I totally get what Janet said

This is the harsh reflection of reality

So many black trans women are beloved in the community and boom, dead. Killed even before they could fully realize their hopes and dreams. Its so sad.

https://twitter.com/BlairImani/status/1148830124852297729

Eh I think this type of thinking is naive tbh. Yes, I think we have responsibility within the community to be our "sister/brothers" keeper, but to ignore facts is dangerous. The facts say a lot of Trans women of colour are active in the sex trade.

We should b questioning why but if we adopt this "it doesn't matter HOW they died" mentality are really going to solve the issue?

Freemala Harris

July 10, 2019, 07:54:37 AM #1999 Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:55:51 AM by Freeruu
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 10, 2019, 07:16:31 AM
Quote from: Freeruu on July 10, 2019, 06:38:49 AM
I totally get what Janet said

This is the harsh reflection of reality

So many black trans women are beloved in the community and boom, dead. Killed even before they could fully realize their hopes and dreams. Its so sad.

https://twitter.com/BlairImani/status/1148830124852297729

Eh I think this type of thinking is naive tbh. Yes, I think we have responsibility within the community to be our "sister/brothers" keeper, but to ignore facts is dangerous. The facts say a lot of Trans women of colour are active in the sex trade.

We should b questioning why but if we adopt this "it doesn't matter HOW they died" mentality are really going to solve the issue?

You're right

That's a deeply nuanced conversation a lot of people aren't willing to have

No one really wants to dig in bc no one cares about trans women esp black trans women

If the gorls weren't discriminated in all lanes (ie states that can still LEGALLY fire you for being LGBTQ+) + if insurance covered bc of how expensive transitioning can be, then they wouldn't have to turn to the quick money of dangerous sex work.

And that ties into the big conversation of legalizing and regulating sex work which is a wholllllle nother lane.

I like how this show is opening up conversations like these.

Janet>>>>>>>>>>>

CREAM.

AffghhhjhgghhjhHHHJJGGGHJHvvah

Not them reading her hair and make-up in the casket

CREAM.

It's a shame kween had to die to receive her 10's

Freemala Harris

Quote from: CREAM. on July 10, 2019, 09:22:17 AM
It's a shame kween had to die to receive her 10's

!!!!

I gagged at that too

Persistent self

Gilgamesh.

Navyman

I cried this episode.

When Lulu said she was making plans for the future and that this was impossible kinda hit me.  :stressed: