Random thoughts ...

Started by b7, December 26, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLOCK

Congrats King Bre 🥴🥺

jtwoeleven

July 13, 2019, 12:28:41 PM #2821 Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:29:58 PM by jtwoeleven
Quote from: #ꜰʀᴇᴇʀᴏᴄᴋʏ on July 13, 2019, 12:13:22 PM
https://twitter.com/moorinformation/status/1149743305049214976

Inspiring

They don't wanna give reparations because of stuff like this tbh. They'll say "oh, you got Oprah, Steve Harvey, Michael Jordan, etc y'all good!" They'll use that Mitch McConnell bullshit on us. "You had a black president! That's your reparations!" What they don't realize is that these folks are extreme aberrations as far as their wealth goes, they do not represent the black community overall.

I tend to push back on blaming black people first for questionable financial decisions. That's low-hanging fruit. People just don't wanna talk about the generational accrued disadvantages that have come with being black in America.

Boomz

July 13, 2019, 01:03:18 PM #2822 Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 01:04:10 PM by #ꜰʀᴇᴇʀᴏᴄᴋʏ
Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 13, 2019, 12:28:41 PM
Quote from: #ꜰʀᴇᴇʀᴏᴄᴋʏ on July 13, 2019, 12:13:22 PM
https://twitter.com/moorinformation/status/1149743305049214976

Inspiring

They don't wanna give reparations because of stuff like this tbh. They'll say "oh, you got Oprah, Steve Harvey, Michael Jordan, etc y'all good!" They'll use that Mitch McConnell bullshit on us. "You had a black president! That's your reparations!" What they don't realize is that these folks are extreme aberrations as far as their wealth goes, they do not represent the black community overall.

I tend to push back on blaming black people first for questionable financial decisions. That's low-hanging fruit. People just don't wanna talk about the generational accrued disadvantages that have come with being black in America.
Yep.

That's what is being left out of the discussion in the Tyrese thread. Just cause u know a Shaniqwa down the street that spends her babies' child support on a Louie fit for the club this weekend, we are ALL financially illiterate? Maybe we are. But get into the why. How was Shanique to learn financial literacy attending some of the least funded, racially concentrated school districts in America?

White people KNOW wassup. Which is why they've denied us anything that could help raise us from the bottom rung of the ladder in America. We aren't stupid people.  As soon as they hand out reparations, I have full confidence we will find a way to flip it towards building long lasting wealth and stability for our people. We are born hustlers.

Boomz

Quote from: Twitter User on July 13, 2019, 01:05:34 PM
That wasn't left out of the Tyrese thread - we touched on the long lasting effects of slavery and I mentioned how being born Black in America is like starting a race with one leg cut off.

Am I blind? Cause I didn't see it!

Boomz

Quote from: Twitter User on July 13, 2019, 01:16:13 PM
Quote from: #ꜰʀᴇᴇʀᴏᴄᴋʏ on July 13, 2019, 01:13:21 PM
That wasn't left out of the Tyrese thread - we touched on the long lasting effects of slavery and I mentioned how being born Black in America is like starting a race with one leg cut off.

Am I blind? Cause I didn't see it!

Quote from: Twitter User on July 13, 2019, 09:13:28 AM
Quote from: -72 on July 13, 2019, 09:08:34 AM
Quote from: Twitter User on July 13, 2019, 08:50:01 AM
Quote from: -72 on July 13, 2019, 08:40:38 AM
You go broke when you spend money you don't have.

Nothing wrong with spending the money you do have.

Its like when ppl wait until they are retired, grey and old to explore the world  :plzstop:

Fuck that shit. I wanna see it all now while I'm in good health and in perfect shape.
Yeah that's what I said bby luvs

If you have it, nothing wrong with spending it.

Just don't expect everyone else to spend it as freely too. Some people actually find happiness in putting their money into investments, watching their tea grow a bit, etc.

It's a numbers game and it can actually be fun and fulfilling.

Tyrese spent money he didn't have and ended up begging for coins on social media. He is literally the last person who should be posting some mess like this.

It's almost like Toni Braxton becoming a financial adviser. Love you kwee but

They're like poster children and prime examples of why the Black community struggles with financial health.

Well we started with a big disadvantage...that we don't have tp get into again.

But as become ceo's, cfo's, dictors, lawyers, entrepreneurs etc it will change the numbers.

Anyone regardless of their race should get some financial literacy classes.

I'm not against saving and investing. I'm against shaming ppl for liking nice things. Ppl act like we all skip our financial duties to be dripped in dolce. Some of us can easily do both.

And i hate when ppl act like oh you can just get something from hnm or walmart. As if the quality is remotely the same  :plzstop:

The ppl in the op can be dripped in hugo boss labels or some other boring polo brand  that us way more expensive than gucci. Just cause it doesn't have the logo on it doesn't mean they got it on clearance from sears.
For me it isn't about "No one should buy Gucci!"

It's more like "If you have to choose between Gucci and your rent, you should probably leave it on the rack."

And yes we are still suffering from the effects of slavery. I do believe that being born Black in America is like starting a race with only one leg. If you're lucky...

But financial literacy still isn't a big or hot conversation in the Black community, like at all. I honestly wish it got as much shine as the whole "fuck da White man" conversation we love having. Because they go hand and damn hand.

This is why I fucking salivated over Nipsey's mess and was willing to act like I didn't even see the homo tweets he made. It's rare to see someone with that much influence having that sort of conversation.

Boy.... Of course we have inherent disadvantages. That almost goes without saying.

Well color me the fck wrong huh

Boomz

And I originally scanned it and saw the mention of Nipsey and kinda gave...

Boomz

Herb, SAWEETIE! You got the wrong one. I don't care about how a black sissy feels about his words on black gay men cause they continue to show me just how bottom of the barrel they are. When they can't even see why we as gays should empathize with our Trans sis' and bros? Gorl fuck them. Forreal. Keep fighting for your heteronormativity. Nipsey told u you're not getting a seat at the table no matter how straight passing and dismissive of the "He-She's" you are. LMFAO!

I just find it eye rolling he is being pushed as some prophet after being rained with bullets. Where was all this before?

jtwoeleven

Even worse...black people were the shoes white people used to run their race to wealth in America. We weren't even in the running. Before there was a national coordinated court system, or a national currency, it was unanimously agreed that black bodies and labor would be the American currency for trade deals, lines of credit, land speculators, etc...the debt keeps growing every day.

Boomz

Quote from: Twitter User on July 13, 2019, 02:05:54 PM
Haven't listened to one of his songs, purchased any of his albums, or t-shirts and mess.

sfddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Tuh!

🦚

Serena Williams fans really get on my nerves and have ruined tennis for me. The pressure they put on her and the way they read her during matches.

Like for this sport she is technically a dinosaur and they should feel lucky she's even still participating.

It's the same as it was with Venus. They may train and seem fit, but biologically they don't have the stamina these lil 17 yo hoes do. 

Just had to mute her damn name.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

THE_FIRST_LADY

July 13, 2019, 02:34:07 PM #2830 Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 04:14:59 PM by squid
edited

:uhh: phuking gross... i had no idea this is what ticks looked like...  :mmyulost:

THE_FIRST_LADY

July 13, 2019, 02:44:57 PM #2832 Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 04:16:04 PM by squid
edited

:plzstop: they are SQUEEZING the worms outta the dog's flesh... ewwww

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

Eww wtf

Hun, remove that right now or I'll remove you

THE_FIRST_LADY

Quote from: squid on July 13, 2019, 04:06:21 PM
Eww wtf

Hun, remove that right now or I'll remove you

🔑