Afro you’re Brazilian now?

Started by PRESSED, April 17, 2022, 12:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

….ok.

April 20, 2022, 07:34:49 AM #76 Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:13:00 AM by Two In A Million
Quote from: PRESSED on April 20, 2022, 02:48:31 AM
Quote from: cafuzo 🇧🇷 on April 19, 2022, 02:49:32 AM
Quote from: PRESSED on April 19, 2022, 01:37:16 AMAfro, I hate to beat a dead horse but "Brazilian" is a nationality. A few pages back you revealed that neither you or your granny were born outside of America. Why were you toting that notion that you were Brazilian around the board?

Also, I'm glad you removed it from your signature.
hey boo! I'm happy to answer and inform a bit. What you brought up is very valid and worthy of a response.

I am actually, in part, genetically Brazilian.

Although Brazilian is a nationality , there are certain genetic markers which can definitely let you now if you actually have blood ties to the country - most specifically, it would be Native American markers - because although "African" and "European" markers and heritage can come from anywhere (due to European colonization and enslaved African people being dropped off at all points of the diaspora), Native American markers are more specific to the country, as they were there first - and are really the only population that wasn't moved or shipped in to a country from somewhere else.

Does that make sense? I know it's a mouthful. lol  :blush:

I actually have genetic markers which point to South American Indigenous heritage.
More specifically, Brazil.

And it's EXACT same amount on each test. Which shows consistency. It's like, getting a 2nd opinion just to be extra sure.
Here are some of MY results from two different tests:

Now let's go to my lovely grandma.  :blush: Here's where the math really starts mathing.

Aside from her DNA results literally saying she has roots in Brazil and giving the specific city she's from..

Nothing really surprised me about her results aside from the 10% "Asian". That's what made me scratch my head initially,
because Black people in the diaspora are generally mostly African, followed by some European due to the slave trade. "Asian" is not a part of the Black genetic makeup.

And I discovered that sometimes DNA tests can pick up Native American heritage as "Asian". Which isn't inaccurate scientifically because, at their most ancient roots, Native Americans are from Central/Northeast Asia.

Here are some of her results:
Again - I got more than one opinion just to establish consistency and ensure accuracy.
Results from two different tests:

As you can see, the  "Asian" markers are around the same amount on each. So it's safe to assume this is real/accurate and not a mistake.

For some reason, tests are able to pick up my Brazilian Native heritage as just that, but it translates my grandmother's as "Asian". lol Which is odd but I mean DNA tests are still in its infancy. You really have to know how to make sense of what you're looking at before jumping to conclusions.

Also - the math is right. If I'm showing 2-3% Native Brazilian, and it's coming from my grandmother specifically, she'd have to be around 9-12%. Which she is.

My grandmother descends from Brazilians who were mainly a mix of African and Native American.
In Brazil, they are called Pardos. Or Cafuzos. That's the ethnic group.

If you look at Brazilian Natives, or many Native American groups for that part, it's super clear that they have Asian origins.
This has been studied and theorized previously (the Bering Strait story), but DNA tests are actually proving those theories to be right.

QuoteThe ancestors of Native American populations from the tip of Chile in the south to Canada in the north, migrated from Asia in at least three waves, according to a new international study published online in Nature this week that involved over 60 investigators in 11 countries in the Americas, plus four in Europe, and Russia.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/247747#1

So yes I do have actual ties to Brazil, as I am actually in part Indigenous to the country...
AND the siggy will be back soon so buckle up lol. :woohoo:

Lemme know if there are any other questions you may have!
:omgwatshappening:
Wait, Brazilian King!
:blush: :blush: :sistas:

….ok.

April 20, 2022, 07:50:22 AM #77 Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 07:57:55 AM by cafuzo 🇧🇷
Quote from: Big Barbie on April 20, 2022, 06:39:16 AM

ddadaadddaad

king was at least somewhat respectful with his question(s).
and much respect to him for being truly open and ready for an explanation.

PRESSED

Quote from: cafuzo 🇧🇷 on April 20, 2022, 07:50:22 AM

ddadaadddaad

This Signature
:kii:
I'm not here for friends.

….ok.

Quote from: PRESSED on April 20, 2022, 12:47:37 PM
Quote from: cafuzo 🇧🇷 on April 20, 2022, 07:50:22 AM

ddadaadddaad

This Signature
:kii:
:woohoo: