Breyon responds to TMZ

Started by Superdib, July 20, 2016, 08:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chameleon

What if she pulled a drake and just release a lump sum of albums back to back. As long as it's 6 she'll be out of the contract right?  :hmph:

Rxxf

July 20, 2016, 11:49:12 PM #136 Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:49:36 PM by Ralf
Quote from: Superdib on July 20, 2016, 08:56:26 PM
Brandy's record label just clapped back, saying the singer has no business comparing her contract to slavery ... since it's been more than a decade since she dropped a hit.
A rep for Chameleon Entertainment CEO Breyon Prescott tells TMZ ... Brandy's allegations are a desperate ploy to drum up publicity instead of facing facts -- her best days are behind her. The rep says Breyon took a risk "signing an artist that hasn't had a chart single success since the early 2000's."
We broke the story ... Brandy sued Chameleon, saying it jeopardized her career when it tried to prevent her from recording and releasing new music, among other things.
Chameleon's rep also believes Brandy made a bonehead PR move by making the slavery comparison due to racial tensions across the country right now.
We're told Brandy and her lawyer reviewed the contract before signing, so Chameleon finds it odd she's now crying foul.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/20/brandy-contract-lawsuit-slavery/

No shade, but if Breyon feels Brandy is such a "has-been", why he is still holding on to her?
Doesn't make sense.
You want to act like she isn't legend?
Then let her go.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: y r u mad on July 20, 2016, 09:22:31 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on July 20, 2016, 09:22:01 PM
I'm starting to see exactly why she's slowly stepping away from music. Dealing with the politics of the business side could easily tarnish a person's love of the craft.
BRANDY

Rxxf

I just want Brandy to continue to have a clear mind and get through this.
I can wait for music, until whenever.
BRANDY

Kaeli.

Quote from: Mystique on July 20, 2016, 11:18:29 PM
If she's a has been who "hasn't had a hit since early 2000's " then terminate her fucking contract 
Breton should be happy she bothered to fuck with his short nigger self:uhh:

This is slander

Yea

He's just being problematic at this point

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: Mystique on July 20, 2016, 11:31:44 PM
What if she pulled a drake and just release a lump sum of albums back to back. As long as it's 6 she'll be out of the contract right?  :hmph:

That's what I would have done.  If it has to be a 360 deal or else, I would sign it, release an bunch of mess records, no tours, no tv, then close out the deal.

I don't know for sure if she can get away with that, though.

Kaeli.

Ghan should release like 5 Greatest or Best of Messes and an Alber

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

she signed a 6 album deal?

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

demitri.petty

Quote from: Kaeli. on July 21, 2016, 12:16:53 AM
Ghan should release like 5 Greatest or Best of Messes and an Alber

Technically she could, and just put 1 new song on each one!  :letsmessfag:

Come on Ghan... Find them loopholes!

Rxxf

If there's no way around this, I would release the 5 albums back to back.
No single rollout. No big promo. No videos.
Just released all the damn songs via ITUNES only (no CDs) and keep it fucking moving.

The fans won't care. We'll have music.
BRANDY

MAY

Quote from: Mystique on July 20, 2016, 11:31:44 PM

I would low-key LIVE!

:gorlonfire:

MAY

Brandy needs to bring the focus back to her music.

I feel like she is making press for all the wrong shit right now.

She should drop a '#FreeBrandy' Mixtape

Wtv

things can get a bit nasty. Stuff like this can damage Bran's image a bit.
I just hope this gets resolved real soon. I need Bran 100% free and happy. Hopefully NY can close the whole thing in a few months

STUNNA GOD