Breyon responds to TMZ

Started by Superdib, July 20, 2016, 08:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRockaBaby

at this point i feel more damage is being done with so much time gone. She's lost the steam on almost every venture she's had including Chicago.

She needs to just finish her deal with Breyon under the stipulation that MBK still manages her (which btw what happened to jrob?). At the end of the day be it the type of treatment you want or not, it's still the opportunity to put out new music. Re-touch some unreleased tracks (which i'm sure there's hundreds still in her vault), do some remixes and make the best of it. I'm sure there's more involved than that but like I said more damage is being done by waiting and fighting. At the end of the day, from what it sounds, there's no reason they would or should let her out of her contract. Even if Bran was to pay her way out, they can decline that just to be spiteful.

It also doesn't matter if Bran is a has-been. At the end of the day she still sells out shows and still makes good money so if they can get a piece of that, why not? its' not like they (chameleon) have a full money-making roster.

I think she should fuel this shit into her work. Make a full set of albums, each telling a story picking up from the previous, and throw in some tracks related to everything going on. Get angry, be a bitch and put it all in the music. She can put out 5 albums in 3 years if she really wanted to. Work it the fuck out!

....cause tbh I'm missing the mystique that is Brandy. I get her personal life is her personal life but the snapchats and left-field venting has sort of made me look at her in a different light and not necessarily a bad light but it's not that mysterious light that i looked at her in before. I've always said, a part of being a celebrity and an artist is keeping the distance. Not letting people in TOO much. The mysteriousness of an artist is part of their image. When you let people in TOO much, that appeal begins to go away. I look at videos of Bran on TRL and during Full Moon era and there was this mystique about her that made me say "I want to know more..."....I feel like that's gone and I don't really know if I like that.

Music>>>>EVERYTHING!

b7

putting out music with a bunch of other people controlling the sound and image, is not whats up. i'd rather her NEVER come out if thats gonna happen again, and it seems like she clearly feels the same way, cuz she aint budging.  I'll wait

BigDawg

Quote from: RIGGY on July 21, 2016, 08:13:16 AM
putting out music with a bunch of other people controlling the sound and image, is not whats up. i'd rather her NEVER come out if thats gonna happen again, and it seems like she clearly feels the same way, cuz she aint budging.  I'll wait
!!!!!!!!!!

It seemed like she hated 2/11

Chameleon

Quote from: BRockaBaby on July 21, 2016, 08:10:58 AM
at this point i feel more damage is being done with so much time gone. She's lost the steam on almost every venture she's had including Chicago.

She needs to just finish her deal with Breyon under the stipulation that MBK still manages her (which btw what happened to jrob?). At the end of the day be it the type of treatment you want or not, it's still the opportunity to put out new music. Re-touch some unreleased tracks (which i'm sure there's hundreds still in her vault), do some remixes and make the best of it. I'm sure there's more involved than that but like I said more damage is being done by waiting and fighting. At the end of the day, from what it sounds, there's no reason they would or should let her out of her contract. Even if Bran was to pay her way out, they can decline that just to be spiteful.

It also doesn't matter if Bran is a has-been. At the end of the day she still sells out shows and still makes good money so if they can get a piece of that, why not? its' not like they (chameleon) have a full money-making roster.

I think she should fuel this shit into her work. Make a full set of albums, each telling a story picking up from the previous, and throw in some tracks related to everything going on. Get angry, be a bitch and put it all in the music. She can put out 5 albums in 3 years if she really wanted to. Work it the fuck out!

....cause tbh I'm missing the mystique that is Brandy. I get her personal life is her personal life but the snapchats and left-field venting has sort of made me look at her in a different light and not necessarily a bad light but it's not that mysterious light that i looked at her in before. I've always said, a part of being a celebrity and an artist is keeping the distance. Not letting people in TOO much. The mysteriousness of an artist is part of their image. When you let people in TOO much, that appeal begins to go away. I look at videos of Bran on TRL and during Full Moon era and there was this mystique about her that made me say "I want to know more..."....I feel like that's gone and I don't really know if I like that.

Music>>>>EVERYTHING!

You see a little of me in bran?  :stressed:

Seven

Quote from: BRockaBaby on July 21, 2016, 08:10:58 AM

Music>>>>EVERYTHING!

Well the album production still must be funded. Writers and producers aren't going to work for free. It sounds like that was part of the issue when she began work on the next album following Two Eleven...

BigDawg

Why won't Breyon release her, other than him being bitch made.

Chameleon

Quote from: BigDawg on July 21, 2016, 08:24:48 AM

She's probably
The only artist on chameleon who brings in revenue.  :plzstop:

Annie

Yes that sucks, it is such a small label

/.\

BigDawg

Quote from: Mystique on July 21, 2016, 08:29:22 AM
Quote from: BigDawg on July 21, 2016, 08:24:48 AM

She's probably
The only artist on chameleon who brings in revenue.  :plzstop:
Oomf You are right, they only have Jamie Fox and Jodeci.

BRockaBaby

Didn't the article stipulate how much she was given to record? Breyon isn't' new at this and I'm sure that he knows people have to get paid. I do think one of the issues is definitely the creative direction. Bran wants control. She let Breyon do his thing with 2/11 and she didn't like the outcome so now she sees that she needs to just do her own thing. Unfortunately, it's too late for that...papers are signed. Her best bet (if this doesn't go in her favor) is to speak to Breyon and his team about having more control over creative direction.

GYNandTONIC

From a social media standpoint nobody is really fueling this story, it will die by tonight. Which is good, however I see and hear most people siding with Brandy.

With that said, Brandy shouldn't just release music for the sake of doing it. If shit doesn't sell well any money she gets from anything will go to recoup. No fucking thanks, and I love Bran to much to watch her do 5 albums of half ass shit just to fund Breyons bullshit.

I truly believe Brandy signed that contract because she wanted to give her fans the album they have been asking for and demanding. Before 2/11 it was the same lack of patience from her fan base. Sad thing is, as soon as PID dropped people were ready for a new song. Soon as the album dropped people wanted to know when was the next. This is why I will always encourage Bran to take her time regardless of what the fans say, because for most of us it's about immediate gratification regardless of where that may leave Bran.

Bran fuck the music biz get money from touring and other STABLE gigs.

GYNandTONIC

If I was Bran, I would do a states tour with ALL new songs.

They can't say shit if it's not recorded and sold.

Release new music LIVE. That could really be her thing. Her new album is a live fucking show

Wtv

thats actually a pretty AWESOME idea

b7

she's been through worse though :dead:

If anyone's counting her out at this point, they're foolish. I've never seen someone more resilient

BigDawg

Quote from: RIGGY on July 21, 2016, 09:21:38 AM
she's been through worse though :dead:

If anyone's counting her out at this point, they're foolish. I've never seen someone more resilient
!!!!!!!!!!!!!