Breyon responds to TMZ

Started by Superdib, July 20, 2016, 08:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Scott LeBeau on July 21, 2016, 06:03:43 PM
in the worst scenario where the LAW of NY or whatever state denies the demand..... do you think Bran will accept to sign a new deal or release the next album for him?

or could she consider..... not releasing anymore? maybe in an attempt to piss Breyon off and see if he drops her?

Honestly if NY dismisses it the way LA did, the ball will be in her court. I highly doubt Breyon is going to let go of her anytime soon so she may have to just follow through with the Epic deal, or maybe they can negotiate a better 360 deal where they would take a smaller percentage. Idk. The deal with Epic was mostly, if not entirely for distribution.

DrewBabyLove

I'm about to post the court documents from the LA dismissal.

DrewBabyLove

From the singersroom

The deal with epic was a $600k deal with a $75k advance. 2/11 cost about $1m btw and they made that money back.

Annie

Ok so there was a rule that they have to go to court in ny if they have disagreements? So she might have a better chance over there

/.\

Wtv

WOW, how did Singersroom got those documents?
Maybe someone from Brans team leaked it himself to help Bran to get more support or something?

Bigmacthawoppa

Tbh I wouldn't be mad at her just releasing 5 more albums back to back and then peacing out of that contract (didn't Prince do this?). I mean she already recorded one album with Rico. Add a few more songs to the DJ Camper EP. Was the BMCox album before or after Human?

Anyway, point is she's got a lot of songs under her belt with RCA already. I know it's not that cut and dry but churn out those albums, do NOTHING else (no broadway, tv, nothing) so hobbit can't collect and then leave his ass.

Jon

Quote from: KingDrewLove on July 21, 2016, 06:32:32 PM

From the singersroom

The deal with epic was a $600k deal with a $75k advance. 2/11 cost about $1m btw and they made that money back.

wow

Rxxf

Quote from: KingDrewLove on July 21, 2016, 05:55:54 PM
Did Jrob delete his instagram?

Also they talked about this on TMZ live today.

Sounds like the troubles started with her push for a 3rd single, specifically DYK, and when she started working on the follow-up album (we know she was in the studio constantly) they refused to pay for it. My guess is they wouldn't pay for it unless she signed the 360 deal with Epic which she refuses so now they owe her money. Her contract with them promised the funding for her projects.

Honestly, I wouldn't want the money they owe her at this point.
Just get rid of them altogether.

But it's hard to say what is what in that contract.
BRANDY

D.I.E.G.O.

Now WAIT. Let me review these documents a bit

Rxxf

July 21, 2016, 07:31:49 PM #219 Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:31:57 PM by Ralf
Can EPs be counted as albums?
BRANDY

D.I.E.G.O.

Don't quote me hun. Not in this thread. Move along.

BAPHOMET.

Lazarus

Rxxf

Quote from: Scott LeBeau on July 21, 2016, 06:03:43 PM
in the worst scenario where the LAW of NY or whatever state denies the demand..... do you think Bran will accept to sign a new deal or release the next album for him?

or could she consider..... not releasing anymore? maybe in an attempt to piss Breyon off and see if he drops her?

Something tells me he wouldn't let her go.
He'd continue to be a jackass.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Brandy is allowed to perform new songs live right? I liked that idea.
I think that's what she should do going forward if she can't release albums.
BRANDY