Madonna Performs Acoustic Cover of Britney Spears' 'Toxic' for World AIDS Day

Started by Lazarus, December 02, 2017, 11:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

On World AIDS Day, and just before Britney Spears' birthday, Madonna shared an acoustic cover of "Toxic" on Instagram.

Guitar in hand, Madonna began with the In the Zone single's second verse in an infrared video: "It's getting late/ To give you up/ I took a sip/ From my devil's cup/ Slowly, it's taking over me."

"Silence =Death!" she wrote. "Song For World AIDS Day! #toxic# poisonparadise."

Madonna also wished Spears, who turned 36 on Dec. 2, a happy birthday while honoring the day that recognizes those who have battled HIV/AIDS.

In separate posts, she resurfaced a poignant letter that ran as an ad in Billboard magazine in 1991 and an old photograph with two friends who died of the disease. She added, "We need to continue to make people aware of this disease, to do what we can to facilitate research and above all to practice safe sex!!"

Watch her perform "Toxic" and see her letter below.

[instagram]
[/instagram]

[instagram]
[/instagram]

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Madonna has always been a Gay rights and AIDS activist. She actually performed at the very first Live Aid concert back in 1985.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Happily Unhappy on December 03, 2017, 02:17:54 AM
Madonna has always been a Gay rights and AIDS activist. She actually performed at the very first Live Aid concert back in 1985.
ok

FlowerBomb