Sanaa Lathan will star in "FLYY GIRL"

Started by Corporate Cannibal., June 24, 2015, 12:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corporate Cannibal.

The 'Now You See Me 2' star will play a young African-American woman coming of age during the 1980s.

Lionsgate's Codeblack Films has tapped Sanaa Lathan to star in the movie adaptation of Omar Tyree's Flyy Girl trilogy.

Lathan, who will appear in the upcoming Now You See Me 2 and The Best Man Wedding, will play Tracy Ellison, a businesswoman obsessed with the material world, before falling into a cycle of gratuitous sex and heartbreak. Lathan's movie credits also include Brown Sugar and Love & Basketball.

"So many people have grown up on this series and I?m looking forward to bringing Tracy Ellison?s story to life through film," Lathan, who will also executive produce the project, said Tuesday in a statement. Dear White People producer Effie Brown is to produce the feature film adaptation of the popular book trilogy.

The Flyy Girl series has grossed more than $30 million worldwide through Simon & Schuster. Codeblack also named Geoffrey Fletcher (Precious) to write the script for the movie adaptation.

Robert Melnik, Lionsgate?s executive vp business & legal affairs, handled Lathan?s deal on behalf of Codeblack Films. Codeblack Films? executive vp and general manager Quincy Newell and Business Affairs Inc. attorney Greg Snodgrass handled the Fletcher deal.

CAA?s Chris Till represents Fletcher. Sanaa is represented by ICM and Stephen Barnes of Morris, Yorn, Barnes, Levine, Krintzman, Rubenstein, Kohner & Gellman law firm.

**NOW, I'M ALL FOR SANAA IN A LEADING ROLE, BUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT, A COMING OF AGE STORY?? SHE LOOKS YOUNGER THAN HER AGE, BUT NOT THAT DAMN YOUNG**

GLOCK

She's about to slay this mess

What happened to Jada in coldest winter

V

Zankou.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

She's so boring but I'm glad she's booking gigs.

GLOCK

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on June 24, 2015, 12:22:30 PM
Quote from: Glock on June 24, 2015, 12:19:48 PM

V

!!!!! It's too late for Jada to do it now. I've never read that either, but, I was excited for the movie.
It would be a great film if done properly

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on June 24, 2015, 12:22:30 PM
Quote from: Glock on June 24, 2015, 12:19:48 PM

V

!!!!! It's too late for Jada to do it now. I've never read that either, but, I was excited for the movie.

you gotta read the book! and its not too late for jada IMO she still looks young enough

Mel.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on June 24, 2015, 01:25:08 PM
Jada does not look young enough to play a teenager. She is a teenager, isn't she?

ok then zendada

AIDS!