Afrodisiac Single turns 17

Started by long-timeTheRoofFan, September 21, 2021, 08:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bish

Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 23, 2021, 12:27:32 PM

I wish this had been one of the looks for this video...

:plzstop:
One of my fave pics from this era. I wish this 70s look was the theme for the Afro era.

Bish

Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on September 23, 2021, 05:39:24 AM
Quote from: TogetherAgain on September 22, 2021, 10:47:08 PM
Listening to Aaliyah's music on Spotify these last few weeks has reminded me how intricate and textured Timbaland's production style is, and I've always felt it lacking on this song/album

This!!! I wasn't wowed by any of the beats. I liked what he gave her for the human era that she left off anyway.
. Should I go, focus, and I tried are top tier and some of her best work ever. Tim's production fits Brandy's voice perfectly. But on the other hand he also gave her some trash like Turn it up and sadiddy.

long-timeTheRoofFan

Today is the official anniversary of the single... Happy 17th anniversary Afrodisiac... I sure am feeling old now.

:supluv:

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Bish on September 24, 2021, 12:24:02 AM
Listening to Aaliyah's music on Spotify these last few weeks has reminded me how intricate and textured Timbaland's production style is, and I've always felt it lacking on this song/album

This!!! I wasn't wowed by any of the beats. I liked what he gave her for the human era that she left off anyway.
. Should I go, focus, and I tried are top tier and some of her best work ever. Tim's production fits Brandy's voice perfectly. But on the other hand he also gave her some trash like Turn it up and sadiddy.
That might be true, but those tracks still cant compete with his work with aaliyah, ginuwine, and JT. Focus is very repetitive to me which almost ruins the song. It goes on too long.

Every artist has one or two fun records on each album, and thats what brandy tried with those two songs. I think the fact the album laxks real club bangers is what makes them stick out in a bad way. Brandy takes herself too seriously. She could benefit from more fun records like sadiddy and turnitup IMHO. I personally live for her beat boxing on turnitup and wish tge general public could have seen that side of her.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: Bish on September 24, 2021, 12:20:21 AM
Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 23, 2021, 12:27:32 PM

I wish this had been one of the looks for this video...

:plzstop:
One of my fave pics from this era. I wish this 70s look was the theme for the Afro era.

Same..

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on September 24, 2021, 10:58:56 AM

That might be true, but those tracks still cant compete with his work with aaliyah, ginuwine, and JT. Focus is very repetitive to me which almost ruins the song. It goes on too long.

Every artist has one or two fun records on each album, and thats what brandy tried with those two songs. I think the fact the album laxks real club bangers is what makes them stick out in a bad way. Brandy takes herself too seriously. She could benefit from more fun records like sadiddy and turnitup IMHO. I personally live for her beat boxing on turnitup and wish tge general public could have seen that side of her.

I personally love Turn It Up and Saddidy and I agree she needs more upbeat fun songs like this... I wish Turn It Up had gotten a video when it was released as the first promo single for the album... Brandy, Timbaland DJ Walt all should have been in the video

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 24, 2021, 11:31:11 AM
Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on September 24, 2021, 10:58:56 AM

I personally love Turn It Up and Saddidy and I agree she needs more upbeat fun songs like this... I wish Turn It Up had gotten a video when it was released as the first promo single for the album... Brandy, Timbaland DJ Walt all should have been in the video
Absolutely. A fun video with all them would have been awesome.

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

GYNandTONIC

Idk, when Bran does up tempos they usually feel corny. It's usually the lyrics that turn me off from her upbeat songs.

I feel her pocket is mids and Afro had tons of them.

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on September 24, 2021, 12:17:06 PM
Idk, when Bran does up tempos they usually feel corny. It's usually the lyrics that turn me off from her upbeat songs.

Thats true. She does really well with her mids. I just believe she's overdone them. And no artist should fill their album with one sound thats lazy and boring, especially for a vet like brandy. Thats why i always gravitate towards pop artist because they always have a good balance of ballads, mids, and bangers.

I hope her next album is more uptempo and more hip hop ratchet. I want her sound to reflect the happy space she's in right.

long-timeTheRoofFan

I would love to hear some of the unreleased stuff from this album.

She had nearly a full album recorded with Robert before they split up...

Ryde or Die for example

And then when she went in with Timbaland she also worked with Organized Noise... I've always wanted to hear her with them...

Adios with Sean Paul
Black Pepper which she even shot a video for!!!

Does anyone have the original 2003 version of Turn It Up ... the vocals are different from the album version

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 24, 2021, 07:05:45 PM

Ryde or Die for example

And then when she went in with Timbaland she also worked with Organized Noise... I've always wanted to hear her with them...

Adios with Sean Paul

Does anyone have the original 2003 version of Turn It Up ... the vocals are different from the album version
How she shoot a video and she cnt even remember any lyrics to the song? And yes I saw that article
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on September 24, 2021, 07:36:45 PM
Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 24, 2021, 07:05:45 PM

Ryde or Die for example

Adios with Sean Paul

How she shoot a video and she cnt even remember any lyrics to the song? And yes I saw that article

Right? lol

long-timeTheRoofFan

I'd love to hear her work with Cee-Lo again... necessary is still such a vibe

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 24, 2021, 07:44:59 PM
I'd love to hear her work with Cee-Lo again... necessary is still such a vibe
Wait Cee Lo wrote that
:young:
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Bish

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on September 24, 2021, 12:17:06 PM