KING Ocean NY Times Interview

Started by GRAND, November 16, 2016, 10:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.betterwiseup

Oh now he's lying about submitting it. :dead:

Boomz

I just don't believe his reasons why

He was on his way to being a Grammy darling. Problem is, he releases only once per century. Terrible alberm havin self.

"Standing up for the oppressed"

Boy gone :kii:

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Boomer on November 16, 2016, 11:25:25 AM
I just don't believe his reasons why

He was on his way to being a Grammy darling. Problem is, he releases only once per century. Terrible alberm havin self.

"Standing up for the oppressed"

Boy gone :kii:
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

GRAND

:omgwatshappening:

I don't get it

He said he didn't submit his album

Is he required to?

I'm just not understanding what reason he'd have to not submit, then lying about the reasoning

GRAND

Especially since he pretty much took himself out of being in the limelight

He even says he doesn't think he's as popular as his music is

.betterwiseup

I'm sure if he would've submitted he would have won, but he wouldn't have won "Album Of The Year" which is why he didn't submit it.
Black artists don't win Album Of the Year often.

Real

This article actually made me like him again

Boomz

Quote from: GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL on November 16, 2016, 11:28:17 AM
:omgwatshappening:

I don't get it

He said he didn't submit his album

Is he required to?

I'm just not understanding what reason he'd have to not submit, then lying about the reasoning

Exactly. Black people been not winning the main categories. Where was the protest after Channel Orange?

I think he was afraid he might not get the nominations he did with the 1st album because he chose to go against the grain and release independently. Label heads hated what he did and don't they help decide the noms?

GRAND

November 16, 2016, 11:44:46 AM #24 Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:45:22 AM by GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL
oh

:udontlookok:

i thought there was gonna be some big REVEAL

the fag just said in the interview he thinks hes THE best at what he does, so clearly he has a strong sense of self pride and may be a tad arrogant

im sure him losing has something to do with it, idc though

yummy

d

sounds more like the label chose not to submit the album after they dropped his ass for the stunt he pulled, but this protest mess sounds cute or whatever

GRAND

he also said this

QuoteDid you feel that certain things in your career also hadn?t gone the way you would have liked?

Certain moments were drawbacks for sure. Now I look at things differently, but at the time, yeah. Audiences in excess of five million people [on national TV]. I was always reluctant to do those things except in cases where they had this nostalgic significance to me. Like performing at the V.M.A.s, being tapped to perform at the Grammys ? me saying yes to those things had a lot to do with how those things made me feel before I was actually in the business. And just wanting to be rubbing shoulders with those people and being seen at those places. I still was reluctant and sort of skeptical of those things because I questioned whether or not I was prepared.

GRAND

November 16, 2016, 11:47:26 AM #27 Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:47:57 AM by GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL
Quote from: ANIMMAI on November 16, 2016, 11:45:10 AM
d

sounds more like the label chose not to submit the album after they dropped his ass for the stunt he pulled, but this protest mess sounds cute or whatever
they could only submit 'Endless'

Blonde belongs to him.

:cheerup:

He also bought all of his masters

MAY

I love his music, but something about him as a person annoys me.