Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Champ

Quote from: RIG 7 on August 22, 2020, 08:26:06 PM
Quote from: Lee on August 22, 2020, 08:23:45 PM
Quote from: RIG 7 on August 22, 2020, 08:21:03 PM
Monica's catalog slays enough to win a verzuz, for sure. 

But i think we forget or take Brandy's hits for granted sometimes cuz we're tired of her performing them. To a lot of others, a few of Brandy's songs are gonna hit way harder

I'd never be dumb enough to shit on Monica's catalog or sleep on it. Anyone that knows music would never :dead:

!!!
Mon definitely has hits, but Brandy has just as many. Like you said, I think some stans have forgotten fhjjdjdjd
Like, people will legit be losing their minds for songs we roll our eyes at
:plzstop:

But "So gone" is a fucking MONSTER. I've always said she'd get two or three points off that alone

I can see that being her last song. And Brandy playing Almost Doesn't Count.

I love dragging Mo but they are honestly R&B QUEENS. I mean, how many girls are still around from their era and still putting out HITS?

Young

Rig where is our thread dbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbd

b7

Quote from: coffelia_buchanan on August 22, 2020, 08:26:55 PM
leave it to blk women ro take the versus mess and amplify it
OK?!

I truly stan

:scrumptious:

Le Champ

D.I.E.G.O.

TheletterJ

The press and and money these independent artist are about to make!!! I absolutely love it!!!! These record labels are going to try and get in!!!

Young

I know they're gonna DRUM Up some damn promo up until the day of
:plzstop:

Baybeeeeee

And they're gonna be performing together :plzstop:

Yawl I can't handle this :loose2when:

b7

Quote from: Kaeli. on August 22, 2020, 08:13:04 PM
Quote from: Lee on August 22, 2020, 08:11:46 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 22, 2020, 08:08:51 PM
Quote from: Lee on August 22, 2020, 07:49:56 PM
They're probably going to sing live with their records. Not Bran re-recording all the backgrounds and live versions as we speak. Monica is getting tf DRAGGED
have you watched one of these hun

I've watched pretty much all of them. Have you? :uhh:
Clearly you haven't seen the most recent ones.
i'll let u believe they're doing a live performance battle mess if u want hun
that's how the last few have been

John legend and Alicia, Rick Ross and Chainz, DMX and Snoop

It's more of a celebration and concert now for real :dead:  more of a production because it airs on Apple Music at the exact same time. 

The Quality and equipment and care they put into Verzuz now is way different than what anyone saw on the earlier versions

Young

Quote from: TheletterJ on August 22, 2020, 08:29:41 PM
The press and and money these independent artist are about to make!!! I absolutely love it!!!! These record labels are going to try and get in!!!

Vonc2002

I don't think people have forgotten that brandy has hits,  that's crazy.  Imma just be real,  Monica's songs have performed better AND this is her crowd.  Monica had that urban crowd on lock.  She's targeted her songs there and has that audience's ear.  Brandy hasn't done that.  Music lovers love brandy but the general R&B audience fucks more with Monica
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

M-Rocka

These dysfunctional musical sisters. :stressed:

b7

Quote from: Young on August 22, 2020, 08:30:10 PM
Quote from: TheletterJ on August 22, 2020, 08:29:41 PM
Poor them!

The Labels are just gonna have to FUME about it

b7

Young

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 22, 2020, 08:30:27 PM
I don't think people have forgotten that brandy has hits,  that's crazy.  Imma just be real,  Monica's songs have performed better AND this is her crowd.  Monica had that urban crowd on lock.  She's targeted her songs there and has that audience's ear.  Brandy hasn't done that.  Music lovers love brandy but the general R&B audience fucks more with Monica

But that's why this is great for Brandy

REMIND the girls a fckn bit
Bran got HITS that span different decades as well

I'm sorry but if she adds a Moesha theme or a Cinderella mess just for kii's

Ack :plzstop: