Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlem

Quote from: Trey on August 23, 2020, 02:04:00 PM
I feel like He Is wouldn't even have been the 3rd single, tbh. :dead: I think she just tossed it out there cuz it was a cute closing to the era.

But she still could've pre filmed 2 or 3 videos for future singles

Still was a horrible choice, not when she had WYTM or Nothing that could've ran urban radio while she was breast feeding Rai

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Harlem on August 23, 2020, 02:05:13 PM
I feel like He Is wouldn't even have been the 3rd single, tbh. :dead: I think she just tossed it out there cuz it was a cute closing to the era.

Still was a horrible choice, not when she had WYTM or Nothing that could've ran urban radio while she was breast feeding Rai
s

!!! Lemme stop making excuses as if she isn't known for making horrible single choices. :dead:

Le Champ

Quote from: Kaeli. on August 23, 2020, 01:57:34 PM
Quote from: Trey on August 23, 2020, 12:57:10 PM
SSSDDDDDDDDDS

So Gone is like her biggest mess, outside of TBIM. It's a timeless nigger classic. Y'all can't be serious. :uhh:

yall gonna be in for some surprises.....
!!!

Get real  :plzstop:

The only Brandy mess that'll compete is IWBD
!!!
The remix at that. She needs something just as HOOD :dead:

Harlem

Quote from: Trey on August 23, 2020, 02:06:15 PM
Quote from: Harlem on August 23, 2020, 02:05:13 PM

s

!!! Lemme stop making excuses as if she isn't known for making horrible single choices. :dead:

Yeah I ain't giving her nor Atlantic a pass for that one

Bish

August 23, 2020, 02:08:40 PM #469 Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 02:12:40 PM by Bish
Quote from: J loves Brandy on August 23, 2020, 01:53:52 PM
Got to admit, not a big Mon fan but she does have hits. So gone will beat whatever it goes up against in most urban black listeners BUT I think Bran should definitely play an album cut against it like I tried. my goshhhh if she does I will fucking lose it. Musically this is NOT a battle because seriously brandy reign but hit for hit Mon holds her own and got some bangers too. Brandy short eras with full moon and Afro are so unfortunate. I'm excited!!! Lord I can't stop playing I tried now.... forgot how much I love this song! One of her best
Monica can not touch Brandy's discography as a whole. It's not even close. But in the verzuz context where it's about hits and the audience, this will be a fair fight. If Brandy plays the right songs and in the right sequence she'll win.

I was digging into the archives last night after compiling my Brandy verzuz playlist and it's not even fair. Brandy's production is just on another level.  "Like this and like that" against "baby" or even "best friend"?? Come on now. And her album cuts are insane. If some of those songs were singles we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

But BYWOML, ETM and DTIP are hard to beat. Hell even ETTBD and JAG. There are some Monica songs I go up for harder than a Brandy. These girls shine in their own way and they are worthy opponents. Regardless of where you stand you cannot discredit either one.

Bish

Quote from: J loves Brandy on August 23, 2020, 02:00:35 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 23, 2020, 01:58:21 PM
Quote from: Trey on August 23, 2020, 01:55:49 PM
!!!!!!!!!!! It's really unfortunate tbh. When You Touch Me had potential to be one of Ghan's biggest hits. I Thought could've easily been a major hit.
and Anybody

jKLDFJS:FLKJ That Damn Sy'Rai

SO many hits from that album... so sad. damn Sy'Rai! Ugh lol love wouldn't count me out lordddddddddd  :stressed:
More like "that damn Brandy" it was her choice lol

Le Champ

Quote from: Bish on August 23, 2020, 02:08:40 PM
Got to admit, not a big Mon fan but she does have hits. So gone will beat whatever it goes up against in most urban black listeners BUT I think Bran should definitely play an album cut against it like I tried. my goshhhh if she does I will fucking lose it. Musically this is NOT a battle because seriously brandy reign but hit for hit Mon holds her own and got some bangers too. Brandy short eras with full moon and Afro are so unfortunate. I'm excited!!! Lord I can't stop playing I tried now.... forgot how much I love this song! One of her best
Monica can not touch Brandy's discography as a whole. It's not even close. But in the verzuz context where it's about hits and the audience, this will be a fair fight. If Brandy plays the right songs and in the right sequence she'll win.

I was digging into the archives last night after compiling my Brandy verzuz playlist and it's not even fair. Brandy's production is just on another level.  "Like this and like that" against "baby" or even "best friend"?? Come on now. And her album cuts are insane. If some of those songs were singles we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

But BYAML, ETM and DTIP are hard to beat. Hell even ETTBD and JAG. There are some Monica songs I go up for harder than a Brandy. These girls shine in their own way and they are worthy opponents. Regardless of where you stand you cannot discredit either one.

ALL OF THIS.

Bish

Quote from: Lee on August 23, 2020, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 23, 2020, 01:57:34 PM
Quote from: Trey on August 23, 2020, 12:57:10 PM
SSSDDDDDDDDDS

So Gone is like her biggest mess, outside of TBIM. It's a timeless nigger classic. Y'all can't be serious. :uhh:

yall gonna be in for some surprises.....
!!!

Get real  :plzstop:

The only Brandy mess that'll compete is IWBD
!!!
The remix at that. She needs something just as HOOD :dead:
That's why I said she should close with IWBD remix because Monica will close with So Gone

Hotfuzz07

Quote from: J loves Brandy on August 23, 2020, 01:58:21 PM
Quote from: Young on August 23, 2020, 01:55:37 PM
Got to admit, not a big Mon fan but she does have hits. So gone will beat whatever it goes up against in most urban black listeners BUT I think Bran should definitely play an album cut against it like I tried. my goshhhh if she does I will fucking lose it. Musically this is NOT a battle because seriously brandy reign but hit for hit Mon holds her own and got some bangers too. Brandy short eras with full moon and Afro are so unfortunate. I'm excited!!! Lord I can't stop playing I tired now.... forgot how much I love this song! One of her best

I Tried needs to be played

One of my favorite songs EVER from her

Mine too. She HAS to play it. Must be heard. People are going to be like ummm what is this banger? Like what album was this on? lol

Yes !!!

Angel In Disguise
When You Touch Me
Like This
I Tried
How I Feel
Do You Know What You Have?

Hopefully she will play at least one of these album cuts. 

"Nodding Off" would be amazing too but it has almost no chance to be picked.

Buy The Stars✨

FRANCE

Quote from: Young on August 23, 2020, 01:22:34 PM
Quote from: Bish on August 23, 2020, 11:54:25 AM
Quote from: Young on August 23, 2020, 10:22:44 AM
Why is Just Another Girl video #2 on the R&B charts ddddddd

she May have to add that mess !
I love that damn song!

So random dbdbdbdbd

But this needs to be added I think

I love this Monica song. 106 and Park loved it too. I remember it being #1 on the countdown.

FRANCE

The fact that Brandy is still trending on Twitter. I mean...

Dr Naomi Campbell

It could go either way tbh, Brandy is more international and her music has more range and a bigger audience so she has that edge, but if the urban crowd are in attendance :guys:

Le Champ

Quote from: FRANCE on August 23, 2020, 03:10:10 PM
The fact that Brandy is still trending on Twitter. I mean...

Royalty.

RAY7

also if Bran's voice is on point it wont matter what she sings
the musically inclined will be going UP
I cant wait for this IDK this song but Bran sounds AMAZING on it comments