Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: RAY7 on August 23, 2020, 03:18:16 PM
also if Bran's voice is on point it wont matter what she sings
the musically inclined will be going UP
I cant wait for this IDK this song but Bran sounds AMAZING on it comments
dmdndjdjdk I forgot they're gonna be singing huh?!?
Yh Brandy has this in the bag

Scott.

Quote from: Bish on August 23, 2020, 01:22:35 PM
Quote from: Scott. on August 23, 2020, 01:08:59 PM
They will play "So Gone" in a bar and the whole place erupts.
Maybe in Decatur

I honestly said what l said in here.

Le Champ

Quote from: Jayda X on August 23, 2020, 03:19:23 PM

Dhdbdnbd
I'm telling yall, if they're singing over tracks, Brandy will be a clear winner :dead:
Most of the comments will be from industry people and we already know how the industry feels about Brandy...

Rxxf

Quote from: COU on August 23, 2020, 01:08:45 AM
Quote from: RAY7 on August 23, 2020, 01:04:56 AM
Quote from: Lee on August 23, 2020, 01:03:37 AM
Quote from: COU on August 23, 2020, 01:02:35 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 22, 2020, 08:30:27 PM
I don't think people have forgotten that brandy has hits,  that's crazy.  Imma just be real,  Monica's songs have performed better AND this is her crowd.  Monica had that urban crowd on lock.  She's targeted her songs there and has that audience's ear.  Brandy hasn't done that.  Music lovers love brandy but the general R&B audience fucks more with Monica

When it comes to singles, Monica always dominated that area. Brandy made some great songs but she stoped after NSN. People really don't remember anything after that. Like most people that was Brans heard "What About Us?" And people didn't care for it. Then it didn't help that her voice changed and she was talking about grown up things so it was like listening to a completely new girl.

People didn't care for WAU?
It's one of Brandy's biggest singles :dead:
right  :dead: that was a top 10 hit, played all over the radio and tv
he sounds foolish

It was #65 on the 2002 year end chart bro.

Are you ok? That's not a good year end number

:uhh:

You do know how the year-end chart works right?
:dead:

A song could hit #1 for weeks from September-November and still land at #50, because the calendar calculating year ends in November.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: COU on August 23, 2020, 01:14:29 AM
Quote from: Bish on August 23, 2020, 01:07:48 AM
I don't think people have forgotten that brandy has hits,  that's crazy.  Imma just be real,  Monica's songs have performed better AND this is her crowd.  Monica had that urban crowd on lock.  She's targeted her songs there and has that audience's ear.  Brandy hasn't done that.  Music lovers love brandy but the general R&B audience fucks more with Monica

When it comes to singles, Monica always dominated that area. Brandy made some great songs but she stoped after NSN. People really don't remember anything after that. Like most people that was Brans heard "What About Us?" And people didn't care for it. Then it didn't help that her voice changed and she was talking about grown up things so it was like listening to a completely new girl.
Yup and that's why it's a fair fight.

Monica has more hit singles after 2000 but Brandy sold more records overall and has more classic albums so her deep cuts alone stands up against Monica's singles. Angel in Disguise can go against any Monica single. Even Brandy's less popular singles like ADC are hard to go up against. Monica doesn't have any album cuts on Brandy's level.

Monica don't have strong album cuts? Bro, do you realize that most of Monica songs charted without being officially released? Still a Standing, Love and Here I Am charted without being consider singles. Once in a Lifetime and Believing in Me charted without being released. Wtf are you talking about lol?

Those songs are not really WELL KNOWN to be honest.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: COU on August 23, 2020, 02:32:54 AM
What About Us flopped. Stop trying to bring up Monica to make yourself feel better, she had nothing to do with it.

Stop being so damn sensitive and grow some nuts.

I'm not even being funny or anything.
But What About Us? did not flop.
BRANDY

Le Champ

Dr Naomi Campbell

Rxxf

Quote from: COU on August 23, 2020, 03:52:19 AM
Quote from: Justaway_ on August 23, 2020, 02:34:19 AM
A #7 US and #4 UK Hit is a flop?  :blink:

It peaked quickly but dropped off the chart quickly too. That's why it's so low on the end of year chart.

Why do you niggers always think people are attacking Brandy when I'm just laying down the facts.

You do know that peaking at #65 on the year-end does not mean the song flopped, right? They are based on an inverted system. You get "points" for how long you stay on the chart -- not necessarily how much was sold or radio impressions you had.

So essentially, you can peak at #1 for one week, selling 3 million... and then drop to #50 the following week. In the year-end, you'd chart low.

But a song that sold 1 million in total, but stayed on the chart for 20 weeks, could peak higher...
BRANDY

Rxxf

August 23, 2020, 03:31:14 PM #491 Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 03:31:32 PM by Rxxf
Another example?

I wanna be down charted in two year-ends... at #49 and #50 -- because of the TIME it was released. Right before November 1994.

But it was a massive hit for her.....
BRANDY

RAY7

Quote from: Rxxf on August 23, 2020, 03:22:19 PM
Quote from: COU on August 23, 2020, 01:08:45 AM
Quote from: RAY7 on August 23, 2020, 01:04:56 AM
Quote from: Lee on August 23, 2020, 01:03:37 AM

People didn't care for WAU?
It's one of Brandy's biggest singles :dead:
right  :dead: that was a top 10 hit, played all over the radio and tv
he sounds foolish

It was #65 on the 2002 year end chart bro.

Are you ok? That's not a good year end number

:uhh:

You do know how the year-end chart works right?

A song could hit #1 for weeks from September-November and still land at #50, because the calendar calculating year ends in November.
and What About Us was released in January so of course it wasn't that high by the end of the year
after she had birthed Sy;Rai and stopped promoting

FRANCE

Quote from: Lee on August 23, 2020, 03:21:03 PM
Quote from: Jayda X on August 23, 2020, 03:19:23 PM

Dhdbdnbd
I'm telling yall, if they're singing over tracks, Brandy will be a clear winner :dead:
Most of the comments will be from industry people and we already know how the industry feels about Brandy...

Not necessarily. Brandy sometimes tends to keep it cute when going life and Monica over does it. To the point where a lot of ppl who dont know shit about singing, they'll think that Monica is better because she's louder. U still got folks who still to this day say Monica is a better vocalist and the Verzuz audience is prob gonna be 1 of em. Monica will be flat during the entire thing and still convince ppl she be SANGIN.

Aint like they keeping score anyways. In the end, it will all be left up to everyone's opinions.