Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bish

Quote from: FRANCE on August 23, 2020, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: Scott. on August 23, 2020, 04:04:03 PM
I just don't like how some of you are trying to downplay "So Gone". Yeen gotta like it but it SMASHES still til this day.

"The Boy Is Mine" has never been my favorite song for either one of them, but l know the impact it still has

I'm with u. So Gone is defffff one of her top songs. Ppl shouldnt even debate that. It may not be ur fave, just like HYE isnt our fave, but when u think of the general public and the love they have for So Gone, its top tier. Wasnt there some big So Gone challenge with it a while back? I mean, out of all the Monica songs. It's iconic man.
I don't deny it's success or popularity, I just don't view it as untouchable.

RAY7

Quote from: Bish on August 23, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
I just don't like how some of you are trying to downplay "So Gone". Yeen gotta like it but it SMASHES still til this day.

"The Boy Is Mine" has never been my favorite song for either one of them, but l know the impact it still has

I'm with u. So Gone is defffff one of her top songs. Ppl shouldnt even debate that. It may not be ur fave, just like HYE isnt our fave, but when u think of the general public and the love they have for So Gone, its top tier. Wasnt there some big So Gone challenge with it a while back? I mean, out of all the Monica songs. It's iconic man.
exactly

Scott.

RAY7

where was this untouchableness at in 03 when Bey and Shan were wiping the floor with Mon?

Brandy has soo many quality records to choose from. She easily lashes Mo. Unfortunately, this seems to be more about familiarity. Monica is much more palatable. Says nothing about quality though.
^

Rxxf

BRANDY

MelMel

Quote from: RAY7 on August 23, 2020, 04:48:09 PM
where was this untouchableness at in 03 when Bey and Shan were wiping the floor with Mon?

RAY7

Quote from: MelMel on August 23, 2020, 05:33:05 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on August 23, 2020, 04:48:09 PM

did I misspell it? :shannonsmissing:

Young

Quote from: Bish on August 23, 2020, 04:08:01 PM
Quote from: rosone1 on August 23, 2020, 03:48:48 PM
Why is "Just Another Girl" video on the iTunes Music Video Charts?So random.It wasn't even a hit.
Because it deserves

Period

I want it played actually

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: RAY7 on August 23, 2020, 04:41:35 PM
Quote from: Bish on August 23, 2020, 04:40:16 PM

exactly
It is untouchable with this audience :dead:
So Gone will be a show highlight
what are you agreeing with? :dead: lol

Bentley. HARRIS!

Alot of Monica's song have more mass appeal.

And then the music junkies will be going up for Brandy's album mess

It's gonna be a great VS!

Le Champ

So Gone is Monica's grenade y'all. Let's not get carried AWAY.

RAY7

So DONE is not all that
but I love it

y'all are giving So Gone way too much. Save that energy for U Should've Known Better. THAT'S the trump card.
^