Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bish

Quote from: RIG 7 on August 25, 2020, 10:01:36 PM
Yeah people usually play their new stuff at the end

by the way, there's no rule that states both Artists have to start off each battle with their lead single :dead:

Brandy needs to save "i wanna be down" for near the very end of the battle. I've watched almost every single Verzuz celebration/battle and it's been that way. Strategy
I think she should play IWBD in her first top 5. She needs to come out swinging. And save the remix for her last five songs.

Le Champ

by the way, there's no rule that states both Artists have to start off each battle with their lead single :dead:

Brandy needs to save "i wanna be down" for near the very end of the battle. I've watched almost every single Verzuz celebration/battle and it's been that way. Strategy

I think she can start off with a lite hit like TAOL or WIS2U. A minor lashing to get people bopping

b7

Quote from: Bish on August 25, 2020, 10:06:25 PM

I think she should play IWBD in her first top 5. She needs to come out swinging. And save the remix for her last five songs.
oh waaaait

I forgot about the remix!
:plzstop:
And idk ..  typically it's how you close out the battle that matters. U don't wanna deliver ALL ur best right outta the gate

Thankfully they both have so many great records, it won't be that big of a deal either way. They may even come together and curate a list that makes sense

DMX and Snoop worked in tandem together and X got a lot of help putting his list together. Swizz had his back too

b7

Quote from: Lee on August 25, 2020, 10:07:35 PM

I think she can start off with a lite hit like TAOL or WIS2U. A minor lashing to get people bopping
yup

You can't treat it like a setlist for one of ur tour performances. You can get real inventive with Verzuz

There are unofficial rules, but there's really no rule to this. Jill Scott started playing live versions of shit just to flex

I realize that Bran and Mons don't have that luxury though. People want the hits, flat out

Le Champ

!!!!
I know Tim is gonna have Brandy's back in picking the right songs. I said it earlier, but I bet both teams are aware of what songs will be played and when

Bish

She needs to open with Full Moon - period!

Le Champ

Quote from: Bish on August 25, 2020, 10:11:18 PM

Nah Full Moon is a Brandy staple. She needs to save it for the latter part of the battle

Bish

Quote from: Lee on August 25, 2020, 10:12:17 PM

Nah Full Moon is a Brandy staple. She needs to save it for the latter part of the battle
She needs to get the audience on her side out the gate just like Snoop did. Full Moon is not her trump card but it's strong. And it's not a huge sacrifice if It goes against a Monica song and "loses" Plus the opening instrumental is perfect for setting the tone.

My set list in order:

1. Full moon
2. Baby
3. Best Friend
4. I wanna be down
5. Top of the world
6. Talk about our love
7. who is she to you
8. I tried
9. Where you wanna be
10. Put it down
11. Put that on everything
12. Angel in disguise
13. Brokenhearted remix
14. When you touch me
15. Sitting up in my room
16. Almost doesn't count
17. He is
18. What about us
19. Have you ever
20. I wanna be down remix

I know it may seem crazy to put her biggest singles in the beginning but she has to start off strong and that's the best way to do it. These songs are going to be huge for momentum. Cater to the nostalgia in the beginning and then lash with the cult/fan favorites with the songs that really defined her as an artist in the end.

I need y'all to stop ignoring Right Here (Departed). It has such a triumphant feel...she could open wit it  :ohwow:
^

reekz

Quote from: 123 on August 25, 2020, 10:19:24 PM
I need y'all to stop ignoring Right Here (Departed).

You're like the only person with it on your list

FRANCE

I need y'all to stop ignoring Right Here (Departed). It has such a triumphant feel...she could open wit it  :ohwow:

Facts. Her last Top 40. People genuinely loved that song and it was moderately successful on Urban radio too.

Le Champ

Quote from: Bish on August 25, 2020, 10:18:10 PM
Quote from: Lee on August 25, 2020, 10:12:17 PM

She needs to get the audience on her side out the gate just like Snoop did. Full Moon is not her trump card but it's strong. And it's not a huge sacrifice if It goes against a Monica song and "loses" Plus the opening instrumental is perfect for setting the tone.

My set list in order:

1. Full moon
2. Baby
3. Best Friend
4. I wanna be down
5. Top of the world
6. Talk about our love
7. who is she to you
8. I tried
9. Where you wanna be
10. Put it down
11. Put that on everything
12. Angel in disguise
13. Brokenhearted remix
14. When you touch me
15. Sitting up in my room
16. Almost doesn't count
17. He is
18. What about us
19. Have you ever
20. I wanna be down remix

I know it may seem crazy to put her biggest singles in the beginning but she has to start off strong and that's the best way to do it. These songs are going to be huge for momentum. Cater to the nostalgia in the beginning and then lash with the cult/fan favorites with the songs that really defined her as an artist in the end.

No shade but Snoop has a MILLION hits...literally lol
I do see your point about coming out the gate strong...I might not pick Full Moon tho
Maybe Baby

Quote from: COU on August 25, 2020, 10:24:02 PM

It is truly a shame. She gave such an epic, soaring vocal. Monica could never.
^

Le Champ

Quote from: 123 on August 25, 2020, 10:27:50 PM

Right Here is one of my favorite songs on Human...it's just not a good song for Verzuz lol

reekz

Quote from: 123 on August 25, 2020, 10:27:50 PM