Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlem

August 25, 2020, 10:54:15 PM #825 Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:57:58 PM by Harlem
If Brandy is smart she'll make Monica deal her 00s/10s hands early... so when it's time to get to the 90s/early 00s she has it in the bag... I'd prefer for Bran to get the eras from Afro and after out first!

Sis can start w/ WIS2U and have Timbo Intro her, lead into a inspirational mess w/ Right Here Departed, jab her w/ a Ye mess for TAOL... a little 2/11 love, DYK, Wildest Dreams & Put It Down... then pick up the fuckin pace with the debut - FM era right after

Le Champ

Quote from: Harlem on August 25, 2020, 10:54:15 PM
If Brandy is smart she'll make Monica deal her 00s/10s hands early... so when it's time to get to the 90s/early 00s she has it in the bag... I'd prefer for Bran to get the eras from Afro and after out first!

Sis can start w/ WIS2U and have Timbo Intro her, lead into a inspirational mess w/ Right Here Departed, jab her w/ a Ye mess for TAOL... a little 2/11 love, DYK, Wildest Dreams & Put It Down... then pick up the fuckin pace with the debut - FM era right after

This was my thought process as far as strategy goes. It's really not about how you start...it's how you end.
Monica has more recent hits, but none of them compare to Brandy's first three album bag lol
Her best 15 > Mo's best 15

reekz

So you don't think Brandy music from the 00s/10s are strong enough?

Le Champ

Quote from: COU on August 25, 2020, 11:01:34 PM

Outside of her singles from Full Moon, no lol
Not for Verzuz
This is not battle of quality :dead: because Brandy >>>>
We all know it's based on popularity...I don't think anyone is disputing that some of Monica's most recent singles have generally been more POPULAR. Not better  :plzstop:

reekz

Harlem

Overall I do in terms of music but in this Verzuz battle, only if Monica goes first so she can know what hand to play... Brandy's 00/10s songs are stronger BUT the lack of singles during those eras are her downfall and what the GP knows... Like if sis would've properly released Nothing, WYTM, I Tried, WWYB, Do You Know or Slower then she could KO her straight through

Harlem

Quote from: Lee on August 25, 2020, 11:04:22 PM

Outside of her singles from Full Moon, no lol
Not for Verzuz
This is not battle of quality :dead: because Brandy >>>>
We all know it's based on popularity...I don't think anyone is disputing that some of Monica's most recent singles have generally been more POPULAR. Not better  :plzstop:

!!!!!!!!

This >>>>>>><<<<<<<

Harlem

I saw some convos on Brandy's fit and I fuckin agree... I need IABTM/2/11 slayage! She can have some micro braids for nostalgia but I need the whole look to HIT! I don't want one flaw for Twitter to come for her that night

Le Champ

Don't even fckn mention DYK cuz I literally feel my blood boiling every time I think about it. I want Breyon Prescott STONED

REALucid

Quote from: Lee on August 25, 2020, 11:27:33 PM
Don't even fckn mention DYK cuz I literally feel my blood boiling every time I think about it. I want Breyon Prescott STONED

If it's not the biggest missed opportunity of her career, it's gotta be top 3
Used to write our names in car fog

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Lee on August 25, 2020, 10:31:49 PM
Quote from: 123 on August 25, 2020, 10:27:50 PM
Quote from: COU on August 25, 2020, 10:24:02 PM
Quote from: 123 on August 25, 2020, 10:19:24 PM
I need y'all to stop ignoring Right Here (Departed).

You're like the only person with it on your list

:plzstop:
It is truly a shame. She gave such an epic, soaring vocal. Monica could never.

Right Here is one of my favorite songs on Human...it's just not a good song for Verzuz lol

it would go good against for you i will

REALucid

The fact that she didn't even like the song that much at first  :dead: somebody better help her pick the songs for this mess because...
Used to write our names in car fog

Harlem

She has to play that! Song to catchy and instant, remind the girls that they missed out on this opp and she was the 1st girl to work w/ Mike Will

Le Champ

Quote from: REALucid on August 25, 2020, 11:28:41 PM

If it's not the biggest missed opportunity of her career, it's gotta be top 3

GOT TO.
Damn wildest dreams after PID. Brandy I oughta...

reekz

Quote from: Troye on August 25, 2020, 11:29:13 PM
Quote from: Lee on August 25, 2020, 10:31:49 PM
Quote from: 123 on August 25, 2020, 10:27:50 PM
Quote from: COU on August 25, 2020, 10:24:02 PM
Quote from: 123 on August 25, 2020, 10:19:24 PM
I need y'all to stop ignoring Right Here (Departed).

You're like the only person with it on your list

:plzstop:
It is truly a shame. She gave such an epic, soaring vocal. Monica could never.

Right Here is one of my favorite songs on Human...it's just not a good song for Verzuz lol

it would go good against for you i will

lol