Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy really laid into her. Wowza.
^

FRANCE

100k more followers for both Monica and Brandy each. 

REALucid

Quote from: JCJ on August 31, 2020, 11:24:56 PM
Don't kill me, but...this wasn't good for Brandy's image. People don't understand her awkward personality and sense of humor....a lot of her comments came off shady. Bran had good intentions but I can see how she can rub people the wrong way.

Overall, it was good though.

n

She's fine
Used to write our names in car fog

Le Champ

Ma Lo

Quote from: Lee on August 31, 2020, 11:25:53 PM
Don't kill me, but...this wasn't good for Brandy's image. People don't understand her awkward personality and sense of humor....a lot of her comments came off shady. Bran had good intentions but I can see how she can rub people the wrong way.

Dhsbdbbdbdbd

Only ignorant hood ass people feel like this

More specifically only Monica fans would think that foolishness lmao

Cowgirl

Quote from: Bentley. HARRIS! on August 31, 2020, 11:25:17 PM
You really can't blame Monica for not singing tho

it wasn't practiced

and she's not Keke Wyatt or Kim Burrell, nobody in their right mind is gonna just freestyle with Brandy

practice is key, sad they didn't get a chance to practice a bit
b

Practice wouldn't have helped her..

BranBran

Brandy catalogue is immense. I mean, there are a lot of songs I would have loved her to play but all that she played where classics (except Put it Down -but it's a nice bop and I love it-).

Put That On Everything kinda sealed the fuckin deal.  :holdupguys:
^

REALucid

Michelle Obama was really stanning for Bran
Used to write our names in car fog

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Lee on August 31, 2020, 11:25:53 PM

Dhsbdbbdbdbd

Only ignorant hood ass people feel like this

Not quite....she definitely came off shady and phony at times and many on social media noted it. Y'all and this "ghetto" stuff when it comes to Monica doesn't apply here.
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Bish

I enjoyed it. It would have been better had they were more genuine and it was more sisterly, but I understand.

Even though I was disappointed in the outfit, I was very happy with Brandy's song selection. 

FRANCE

dddd
ya'll be lookin way to deep into shit.

didnt monica say "we are NOT a group"? :kii:

people enjoyed the verzuz and it will be really good for them both.

Keionte

I love Brandy DOWN and I believe she WON... but I am cracking up at some of these comments

somebody said they knew "Brandy was gonna be dressed like she's been collecting cans  :dead: bitch that is hilarious"

somebody else said "Brandy is really out here reading poems from Moesha's diary and im not here for it"

between these and the monica shoe memes... im in tears!

All in all I think it was a great moment for music history

their personalities still clash a bit. Honestly you would think Monica was hella older but whatever

im glad they are attempting to squash the beef

I definitely think if they JUST sat down to talk after 8 years a hour or so before the verzus then Brandy should have never mentioned nor KEEP mention this tour like it was about to happen tomorrow... it comes off fake. Still love my baby tho

Ma Lo

Quote from: 123 on August 31, 2020, 11:28:16 PM
Put That On Everything kinda sealed the fuckin deal.  :holdupguys:

Yeah it was over for me after that and the way TAOL slapped

b7

Quote from: Kalifornia. on August 31, 2020, 08:18:26 PM
I'm screaming @ Kamala hhjjbbb
the way she popped up and started snickering

:plzstop:

She's hilarious