Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buy The Stars✨

im listening to WYTM rn and seeing non stans going the fuck AWFFF made my night 

Cowgirl

Quote from: Troye on September 01, 2020, 12:04:28 AM

Cowgirl

Brandy is such an artist in every sense of the word.

STUNNA GOD

D

Original Broken Hearted >>>

But the Remix was a bigger gag. She made the right choice. 

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

b7

Quote from: Bentley. HARRIS! on August 31, 2020, 10:21:05 PM
And she sings so EFFORTLESSLY!!!!!
Like .. there's literally nobody that could go head to head with Brandy on a VS because of the live aspect mixed in

her adlibbing all over both their songs was just crazy
and it never felt like tooooo much (for me)

Her precision and placement is fucking RIDICULOUS. The things she was hearing every time she decided to sing for real >>>

FRANCE

Im sorry guys, but I HOLLERED when Brandy asked if Anything To Find You was new. :kii:

BigDawg

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: TinaSnow on September 01, 2020, 12:05:02 AM
Quote from: Troye on September 01, 2020, 12:04:28 AM
!!!!!!! That's what I just said!!!

Non fans were going the fuck OFFFFFFFFF!!! When You Touch Me shut it the fuck DOWN!!

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Le Champ

Quote from: Trey on September 01, 2020, 12:00:32 AM
D

Brandy definitely came out on top at the end, but it was definitely a great battle though. Toe to Toe.

But Brandy simply had the bigger HITS...... Monica had a lot of memorable and lovable "hood" bops which made the experience so fun and enjoyable. But Brandy kept pulling and pulling the real hits and classics out. I'm glad she did When You Touch Me and Put That On Everything though. I didn't even realize people BEYOND the fanbase knew that song like that... and When You Touch Me blew EVERYONE away. Vocally, that song shut DOWN the battle. My friend who has never heard it was GAGGING and texting me about it.

Brandy would've been the very CLEAR winner if she was more organized like Monica... Monica's DJ was on point and the reduced versions of her tracks were PERFECT and didn't feel rushed. People may be inclined to think Mon won simply because she was so well organized. :dead: And looked good.

Mon came for WAR.

M

I got the WYTM text too  :plzstop:
Im so glad queen curated this damn LIST.
The Biggie and Tupac intros, the Moesha intro, the impossible intro, just PERFECT  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 31, 2020, 10:23:43 PM
Brandy u better make this girl sing :kii:
hxbnxncnc. This 2012 flashback in reverse

That thread was a mess. The last time they were in Atlanta together and Monica decided to sing "You give good love" ssss

FRANCE

And can we talk about Brandy's VOCALS????

Sheeeeesh. Her voice is in TIP TOP SHAPE. The way she easily just glides up the scale and hits them high notes. Amazing!

STUNNA GOD

September 01, 2020, 12:07:48 AM #2832 Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 12:08:13 AM by Trey
That's why I really wish she played Do You Know What You Have Here....

That would've been a cute match up with Still Standing or one of Mon's other flop messes.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Lee on August 31, 2020, 11:54:40 PM
I honestly thought Bran looked cute, chunky self dhdndn

she has worn much WORSE. That face and hair were FLAWLESS too
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7