Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophmani

this whole thing literally never read as a competition and nobody won or lost which is why this really slayed
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Trey on September 01, 2020, 12:38:40 AM
Which song y'all gagged the most with!!!!!!???

For me.....

When You Touch Me
Put That On CHRIST (wasn't expecting that)
Borderline (I use now. SSHSJSJSJSSJS)

but truthfully... I probably had more gag moments with Monica. But it simply because I don't listen to her as much so things hit me more unexpectedly.

Knock Knock
Just Right for Jesus....

Mon's set up and format just had me SLAYED....  at the beginning, she had me BOOKED. But she ran dry at the end. :dead: And maybe general fans thought the same about Ghan... but i don't think so. Brandy's catalog had more stamina and consistency through the entire battle.

I know y'all sick of me saying this... but I really wish she played Do You Know.. I think it would've had the same impact as When You Touch Me did on the general listeners. And U Don't Know Me should've been goddam PLAYED.. that would've been an easy win for her where Mon was running out at the end

It pretty much boiled down to whose team you were on. The Mons went up for her and The Stars did the same for Bran
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

ophmani

this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

REALucid

Quote from: Trey on September 01, 2020, 12:38:40 AM
Which song y'all gagged the most with!!!!!!???

For me.....

When You Touch Me
Put That On CHRIST (wasn't expecting that)
Borderline (I use now. SSHSJSJSJSSJS)

but truthfully... I probably had more gag moments with Monica. But it simply because I don't listen to her as much so things hit me more unexpectedly.

Knock Knock
Just Right for Jesus....

Mon's set up and format just had me SLAYED....  at the beginning, she had me BOOKED. But she ran dry at the end. :dead: And maybe general fans thought the same about Ghan... but i don't think so. Brandy's catalog had more stamina and consistency through the entire battle.

I know y'all sick of me saying this... but I really wish she played Do You Know.. I think it would've had the same impact as When You Touch Me did on the general listeners. And U Don't Know Me should've been goddam PLAYED.. that would've been an easy win for her where Mon was running out at the end

Yeah it was clear that Monica's strategy was to come out swinging and Brandys was to finish strong. But she still stayed consistent and never got completely washed in the beginning. That's where Monica lacked to me. She completely fizzled out. She did book me with For You I Will tho. It came at the right moment and sounded dope.
Used to write our names in car fog

Scott.

Quote from: JCJ on August 31, 2020, 11:28:58 PM
Quote from: Lee on August 31, 2020, 11:25:53 PM
Quote from: JCJ on August 31, 2020, 11:24:56 PM
Don't kill me, but...this wasn't good for Brandy's image. People don't understand her awkward personality and sense of humor....a lot of her comments came off shady. Bran had good intentions but I can see how she can rub people the wrong way.

Overall, it was good though.

Dhsbdbbdbdbd

Only ignorant hood ass people feel like this

Not quite....she definitely came off shady and phony at times and many on social media noted it. Y'all and this "ghetto" stuff when it comes to Monica doesn't apply here.

They really kill me with this  :dead:

^

Young

I can't wrap my mind around all this just yet tbh 

ReVon

Although it was a celebration the general public is saying that Brandy won this verzuz. even a lot of Monica fans are saying that they hate to say it but Brandy took the win. Also a lot of Monica fans are saying that Monica seemed a little upset and shady LMFAO

Quote from: Young on September 01, 2020, 12:43:16 AM
I can't wrap my mind around all this just yet tbh
There, there. It'll be OKAY.  :stressed:
^

Bish

Brandy having three albums in the top 10 on iTunes reaffirms that she is an ALBUM artist.

Le Champ

Quote from: Bish on September 01, 2020, 12:47:08 AM
Brandy having three albums in the top 10 on iTunes reaffirms that she is an ALBUM artist.

Yea. People care about her complete bodies of work. No surprise there.