Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: Bentley. HARRIS! on August 31, 2020, 11:25:17 PM
You really can't blame Monica for not singing tho

it wasn't practiced

and she's not Keke Wyatt or Kim Burrell, nobody in their right mind is gonna just freestyle with Brandy

practice is key, sad they didn't get a chance to practice a bit
yeah it's not like they had time to rehearse together but

:gorlonfire:

Hey. What was done needed to be damn DONE

Musicboy88

Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on September 01, 2020, 12:44:31 AM
Although it was a celebration the general public is saying that Brandy won this verzuz. even a lot of Monica fans are saying that they hate to say it but Brandy took the win. Also a lot of Monica fans are saying that Monica seemed a little upset and shady LMFAO
idk seem like brandy was kind throwing little jabs here an there but I still love brandy

Le Champ

Quote from: Trey on September 01, 2020, 12:55:14 AM
I'm just not gonna be around the bush. Only the hood ass backwoods guttersnipe BITCHES think Monica won.

fjdjf
And this is honestly NO SHADE to Monica, but no musically inclined person is picking Mon in this battle.

b7

Quote from: BranBran on August 31, 2020, 11:28:05 PM
Brandy catalogue is immense. I mean, there are a lot of songs I would have loved her to play but all that she played where classics (except Put it Down -but it's a nice bop and I love it-).
!!!!!!!

I was worried she wouldn't do the real deep cuts as well, but omg she sure tf DID it

:gorlonfire:

Palladium

Quote from: BigDawg on August 31, 2020, 11:22:24 PM
Quote from: Marilyn on August 31, 2020, 11:19:34 PM
Look at this fat bitch Akbar v

That hog is headed to prison for a while, she should focus on who she gon fuck for cigarettes in the slammer

Then work on getting her raggedy ass kids back

Ma Lo

I love Monica to death ..I really do ..but she played herself going  up against brandy in anything to do with some vocals or music the girl is gifted. Now a fashion show mo would slay. 

Le Champ

Brandy's playlist was exactly as I picked it. When she played WYTM, He Is, and PTOE, I felt like she really heard my requests. Even her playing Missing You and dedicating it to the angels :stressed:

Bish

Quote from: Musicboy88 on September 01, 2020, 12:56:28 AM
Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on September 01, 2020, 12:44:31 AM
Although it was a celebration the general public is saying that Brandy won this verzuz. even a lot of Monica fans are saying that they hate to say it but Brandy took the win. Also a lot of Monica fans are saying that Monica seemed a little upset and shady LMFAO
idk seem like brandy was kind throwing little jabs here an there but I still love brandy
Brandy is very passive aggressive. I feel like Monica's attitude (if you perceive it that way) was a reaction to Brandy

And I agree with whoever said she is socially awkward. I never realized it but now it makes sense

Both these girls have somewhat annoying personalities tbqfhwy

But they played nice and it was much less awkward than 2012. They were so happy to get out of there though lol

b7

September 01, 2020, 12:59:38 AM #2963 Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 12:59:52 AM by RIG 7
Quote from: REALucid on August 31, 2020, 11:28:41 PM
Michelle Obama was really stanning for Bran
i've always wondered if the Obamas stanned and were familiar with their Bible

Tonight answered my thoughts. Presidential Queen

:oof:

jtwoeleven

Bish

Quote from: Lee on September 01, 2020, 12:59:20 AM
Brandy's playlist was exactly as I picked it. When she played WYTM, He Is, and PTOE, I felt like she really heard my requests. Even her playing Missing You and dedicating it to the angels :stressed:
Same! It was damn near perfect. I had Borderline on my original list and I'm glad she ended up playing it. Was not expecting Love Again and would have preferred another Afro track instead.

And the fact that she played Impossible (even though the transition was super awk) and Moesha theme. They were really listening to us

b7

Quote from: FRANCE on August 31, 2020, 11:31:04 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on August 31, 2020, 11:28:01 PM
Quote from: Lee on August 31, 2020, 11:25:53 PM
Quote from: JCJ on August 31, 2020, 11:24:56 PM
Don't kill me, but...this wasn't good for Brandy's image. People don't understand her awkward personality and sense of humor....a lot of her comments came off shady. Bran had good intentions but I can see how she can rub people the wrong way.

Overall, it was good though.

Dhsbdbbdbdbd

Only ignorant hood ass people feel like this

More specifically only Monica fans would think that foolishness lmao

Precisely. :kii:

Fuck outta here with that bullshit. Debbie downer.

Anywho, both ladies did great. I know Brandy had some help with selecting her songs. Only song I wish she would played was Baby but there was no song she played that I felt was out of pocket.
i coulda swore she played it when she talked about filming the video in Times Square

Thats "Baby" right?

Le Champ

Quote from: RIG 7 on September 01, 2020, 12:59:38 AM
Quote from: REALucid on August 31, 2020, 11:28:41 PM
Michelle Obama was really stanning for Bran
i've always wondered if the Obamas stanned and were familiar with their Bible

Tonight answered my thoughts. Presidential Queen

:oof:
She knows CLASS when she see it :omf:

REALucid

Quote from: TheletterJ on September 01, 2020, 12:52:02 AM

I'm not sure where you are seeing this but... all the folks I'm looking at say Monica won!!

And this is from shaderoom where they LOVE Monica

Used to write our names in car fog

Ma Lo

I can't get over her playing PTOE ..verrry smart choice