Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on September 01, 2020, 06:34:18 PM
This was beautiful guys.

I can see how it was a little awkward at first but when they settled in a bit things got good and I feel like they were playing off each other real well.

I feel privileged to have been able to witness this moment

:stressed:
Big Mac

:stressed:

Sovereign.

I honestly believe that Brandy is still mothering the child in her, which is more than fine when you literally grew up with the camera's around for all of your teenage and young adult life. People refer to her as insecure in disparaging ways, but honestly, Brandy is healing from a lot of media trauma and it's more present than it is in Monica, whom I love that she's straightforward and authentic in ways that Brandy was not afforded the opportunity to be because her level of stardom was gargantuan. Monica definitely had the advantage of getting to be who she was from the beginning and it shows. Nonetheless, both women have inspired me and to hear their bodies of work alongside one another just really gave me the feels. HITS. 

Bish

Quote from: Sovereign. on September 01, 2020, 07:08:43 PM
I honestly believe that Brandy is still mothering the child in her, which is more than fine when you literally grew up with the camera's around for all of your teenage and young adult life. People refer to her as insecure in disparaging ways, but honestly, Brandy is healing from a lot of media trauma and it's more present than it is in Monica, whom I love that she's straightforward and authentic in ways that Brandy was not afforded the opportunity to be because her level of stardom was gargantuan. Monica definitely had the advantage of getting to be who she was from the beginning and it shows. Nonetheless, both women have inspired me and to hear their bodies of work alongside one another just really gave me the feels. HITS.
Very true!

DrewBabyLove

https://twitter.com/tiamurae/status/1300665949306204161?s=21

Erykah 
"I was 9 when on & on came out" after Monica said she was 12 recording.

:plzstop:

ophmani

i agree with some of this but yall really do be making every excuse in the book for bran

ccccv i mean i get it tho
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

ophmani

this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

Sovereign.

Quote from: ophelia_boseman on September 01, 2020, 07:13:33 PM

i agree with some of this but yall really do be making every excuse in the book for bran

Sis...no one is excusing anything. If you read, then you'd see this was me appreciating both ladies for who they are and not what I want them BE. Y'all are so toxic. Can we assume the best in people? Does everything have to be interpreted as shade?

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Bish on September 01, 2020, 07:06:46 PM
Young do you have a clip when they found out 1.2 million people were watching? Or does anyone remember when that part happened.
i know for sure it was before the break lol

Luxury

Quote from: Sovereign. on September 01, 2020, 07:16:18 PM
Quote from: ophelia_boseman on September 01, 2020, 07:13:33 PM

Sis...no one is excusing anything. If you read, then you'd see this was me appreciating both ladies for who they are and not what I want them BE. Y'all are so toxic. Can we assume the best in people? Does everything have to be interpreted as shade?
:flamebroiled:

Bish

Quote from: Troye on September 01, 2020, 07:21:01 PM
Young do you have a clip when they found out 1.2 million people were watching? Or does anyone remember when that part happened.
i know for sure it was before the break lol
Lol I knew that already but thanks  😊

Young

Quote from: Sovereign. on September 01, 2020, 07:03:57 PM
Firstly, I am so proud of both women. They looked so beautiful and like the legends they are. Of course, the media will misinterpret, but both women are the ultimate winners. And this Verzuz really put into perspective how different they are creatively as singers and human beings in the world. This was a full circle moment.

Young

Lemme look bby

Sovereign.

And I appreciated Brandy's look, too. It's HER. She's genuinely creative at heart and it reflects in her aesthetic. 

Young