Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Champ

I just watched it again with the comments. Takeaways:

1) Brandy is honestly funny af :dead:
2) She has so many industry stans it's ridiculous. I think Rihanna was under that fentybeauty alias :plzstop:
2) Monica has some SONGS ok?!?
3) It was actually more enjoyable watching it the second time. They had good chemistry and it was great to see two queens have 25+ year careers and people STILL anticipate their music. It's crazy. They are DIFFERENT.

b7

LeToya Luckett was stanning from start to finish

:plzstop:

I forgot she was a STAN

b7

Quote from: Lee on September 04, 2020, 12:17:54 AM

2) She has so many industry stans it's ridiculous. I think Rihanna was under that fentybeauty alias :plzstop:
3) It was actually more enjoyable watching it the second time. They had good chemistry and it was great to see two queens have 25+ year careers and people STILL anticipate their music. It's crazy. They are DIFFERENT.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's why i was in here going off the other night. The second time around, already knowing what was coming and seeing different comments >>>>

It felt way way lighter. Brandy had me SCREAMING

b7

Le Champ

Quote from: RIG 7 on September 04, 2020, 12:32:44 AM
And that was definitely Rihanna

Queen knew she would distract the ppl if she showed up on her personal IG account. I respect it :omf:
And there were so many people in there that I didn't even know stanned her like that. Going UPPPPP for album cuts :dead:

And Solange fckn ADORES BRANDY.

Btw...Afrodisiac has re-entered my top 3. The way WIS2U and TAOL made me dig in again and I... :stressed:
This was my first Brandy album and it's just doing something different to me...15+ years later :gorlonfire:

Le Champ

Quote from: RIG 7 on September 03, 2020, 11:29:16 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on September 03, 2020, 11:11:26 PM
Ugh she really is slaying right now

:stressed:

I know she's on fuckin cloud 9 too. Happy this era is not breezing by like the past. She deserves every bit of this love and success.
!!!!!!!!!

the way it keeps going and going is beautiful

!!!
This is an ERA, ok?
It just feels like the celebration of the icon she is.

Vonc2002

LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>><<<<<<<<
1.I watched again today and I'm sorry but I didn't see this "Brandy's awkward" thing I had been hearing.  I love how she is.  She's cute and corny and that's who she's ALWAYS been. 
2. Monica really does have some songs that I've never given a chance or thought that I hated and they sounded so good here.
3. It wasnt what people were making it to be.  They're chemistry was pretty good throughout. 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Le Champ

Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 04, 2020, 12:47:25 AM

>>>>><<<<<<<<
1.I watched again today and I'm sorry but I didn't see this "Brandy's awkward" thing I had been hearing.  I love how she is.  She's cute and corny and that's who she's ALWAYS been. 
2. Monica really does have some songs that I've never given a chance or thought that I hated and they sounded so good here.
3. It wasnt what people were making it to be.  They're chemistry was pretty good throughout.

Us >>>>>
:omf:

Bish

September 04, 2020, 01:01:27 AM #3938 Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 01:03:54 AM by Bish

All of this! I love their chemistry even if it's a bit awkward at times.

Brandy IS funny. When she was mouthing the speaking parts to TBIM Monica was cracking up.

I loved when Monica got up and started bowing to Brandy during Brokenehearted.

The mutual respect was evident.

Le Champ

Quote from: Bish on September 04, 2020, 01:01:27 AM

Brandy IS funny. When she was nothing the speaking parts to TBIM Monica was cracking up.

When Brandy handed that girl that mic and said "the HELL...I been singing all your songs" I SCREAMEDDDD bdndndnd
I did NOT catch that the first time :plzstop:

I also loved how Mo fell OUT before U Should've Known Better after insinuating she has never been able to shake C-Murder. Convict queen :stressed:

And I'm sorry, Brandy was mf FLEXINGGGG
Biggie and Tupac name drops
Moesha
Whitney

Just legendary :gorlonfire:

Sovereign.

"Talk About Our Love" is THAT girl! 

b7

Quote from: Lee on September 04, 2020, 12:38:48 AM
Quote from: RIG 7 on September 04, 2020, 12:32:44 AM
And that was definitely Rihanna

Queen knew she would distract the ppl if she showed up on her personal IG account. I respect it :omf:
And there were so many people in there that I didn't even know stanned her like that. Going UPPPPP for album cuts :dead:

And Solange fckn ADORES BRANDY.

Btw...Afrodisiac has re-entered my top 3. The way WIS2U and TAOL made me dig in again and I... :stressed:
This was my first Brandy album and it's just doing something different to me...15+ years later :gorlonfire:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solange lit the comment section UP for "Borderline"

I know that has to make an Artist like Brandy feel so FULL. She still got it, period! Creative ass

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 04, 2020, 12:47:25 AM

>>>>><<<<<<<<
damn the way y'all been in here PREACHING

This new Bsource duo

:oof:

b7

Quote from: Lee on September 04, 2020, 01:06:31 AM
Quote from: Bish on September 04, 2020, 01:01:27 AM

Brandy IS funny. When she was nothing the speaking parts to TBIM Monica was cracking up.

When Brandy handed that girl that mic and said "the HELL...I been singing all your songs" I SCREAMEDDDD bdndndnd
I did NOT catch that the first time :plzstop:

I also loved how Mo fell OUT before U Should've Known Better after insinuating she has never been able to shake C-Murder. Convict queen :stressed:

And I'm sorry, Brandy was mf FLEXINGGGG
Biggie and Tupac name drops
Moesha
Whitney

Just legendary :gorlonfire:
snndndnnfnfn Monica was like "whew ...  pray fuh me"

I love it!  Did y'all see Queen Latifah and Lena Waithe saying they wanted to film a dramedy for them? :kii:

Everyone was pitching ideas for them separately and as a duo.  Verzuz >>>>

b7

The BIG and PAC flexes were beautiful! That was definitely a nice tactic to remind any of these disrespectful ass niggas that Brandy has BEEN that girl for decades now.  

that's for anyone that forgot