Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophmani

Quote from: Checkmate Burruss on September 05, 2020, 11:22:46 AM
It's not fake. It's the original material. The outfit was customized. It's no different than Dapper Dan, which the designer was inspired by.

period. the material is authentic fendi material.

if i take some true religion jeans and slice em a bit to make a cut off mess, are they all of a sudden fake trues now?

stop this bbys
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

Checkmate Burruss

Quote from: ophelia_boseman on September 05, 2020, 11:43:42 AM
It's not fake. It's the original material. The outfit was customized. It's no different than Dapper Dan, which the designer was inspired by.

if i take some true religion jeans and slice em a bit to make a cut off mess, are they all of a sudden fake trues now?

stop this bbys

Exactly. Because if that were the case, then Dapper Dan and Misa had all the 90's folk walking round here in fakeness then.
THEY DO ANYDAMNTHANG FUH BSOURCE CLOUT

BranBran

I've always liked He Is but I had to be in the mood to listen to it. Since the Verzuz it's one of the most played by me, what a beautiful song and vocals!

Ma Lo

September 05, 2020, 11:50:33 AM #3978 Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 11:51:01 AM by Ntwadumela
It didn't come from Fendi's 2020 collection ...that look isn't featured as one of their custom pieces.. on any runway, magazine, website ..nothing and that's that.

ophmani

Quote from: Checkmate Burruss on September 05, 2020, 11:49:04 AM

stop this bbys

Exactly. Because if that were the case, then Dapper Dan and Misa had all the 90's folk walking round here in fakeness then.

!!!!  :dead:

Annie

Quote from: Ntwadumela on September 05, 2020, 11:50:33 AM
It didn't come from Fendi's 2020 collection ...that look isn't featured as one of their custom pieces.. on any runway, magazine, website ..nothing and that's that.

I agree

It is an interesting topic.
It wasn't approved by Fendi and not created by a designer who works for them. So yes it is fake because it is not the vision Fendi had in mind. Are they going to sue? Or would you call this a new creation?

It is creative and cute for an appearance but taking fabric and calling it Fendi is risky. Especially because the logo is all over it. It is also not deconstructed in a way that you can recognize the original design. And there for example is no sustainability- protest against consumerism message behind it so you can't really call it conceptual. If I were Mo I would have probably took fabrics from at least two other brands (LV, YSL for example) to make it less of about Fendi.

/.\

Annie

Dapper Dan collaborated with Gucci right?
Collaborations - as in contracts, agreements about profit. 

/.\

ophmani

they took the authentic, expensive, high quality fendi material and made a custom creation.

fabricating the fendi material is what a fake refers to.

Annie

Ahh I still remember

Luxury goods maker Louis Vuitton has won a lawsuit that alleged a Britney Spears music video violated counterfeiting laws by showcasing a pink Vuitton-upholstered dashboard.

A Paris civil court ordered Sony BMG and MTV Online to stop broadcasting or marketing the video for "Do Something" in any form and fined them 80,000 euros ($117,000) apiece, a spokeswoman for Paris-based Louis Vuitton said Monday. The ruling was handed down last week.

In the opening scenes of the video, Spears appears in the driver's seat of a hot pink Hummer floating on make-believe clouds. One shot shows fingers drumming on a dashboard covered with what looks like Vuitton's "Cherry Blossoms" design: dark pink blossoms on a pale pink, weblike background, embossed with the "LV" logo.

The court did not find Spears herself guilty but ruled that Sony BMG and MTV Online were guilty of violating counterfeiting laws. The ruling said the video constituted an "attack" on Louis Vuitton's brands and its luxury image, the spokeswoman said.

The video was still on YouTube and other music Web sites visible in France on Monday (Nov. 19). On a few sites, however, links to the video led to a blank screen, or one reading, "This video is no longer available."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1047263/louis-vuitton-wins-spears-video-lawsuit

Oh wow I didn't even notice on vevo they removed the LV. Seems like the situation was handled. Still a fun vid

/.\

Checkmate Burruss

Quote from: Annie on September 05, 2020, 12:18:15 PM

That didn't happen until two or three years ago...2 decades later. Many of the European designers sued him out of business until Gucci was all of a sudden "inspired" by him a couple of years ago. But the issue was that he had an actual store front and site selling them.
THEY DO ANYDAMNTHANG FUH BSOURCE CLOUT

Annie

September 05, 2020, 12:32:13 PM #3985 Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 12:37:17 PM by Annie
Quote from: Checkmate Burruss on September 05, 2020, 12:28:50 PM
Quote from: Annie on September 05, 2020, 12:18:15 PM

That didn't happen until two or three years ago...2 decades later. Many of the European designers sued him out of business until Gucci was all of a sudden "inspired" by him a couple of years ago. But the issue was that he had an actual store front and site selling them.
Ahh ok thanks for mentioning his name. I googled some images, wow love the vibes

Reminds me of the MIA x Versace collab back in 2013, inspired by knockoffs

/.\

D.I.E.G.O.

The way Bran's tone can kind of clear a damn room. Whewwwwwwww Rewatching and it's love the whole room was under a spell when songs like "He Is" or "Full Moon" came on

:loose2when:

Young

Quote from: Checkmate Burruss on September 05, 2020, 11:49:04 AM

stop this bbys

I'm not even understanding the conversation behind it dddddd

Celebs do this ALL the time

And if it was Bey; the conversation would be much different

As if she can't afford to by pieces straight of the runway

People consume their minds with the silliest things

b

Annie

Silliest things? It is just interesting to talk about the concept of real or fake. Especially if a person uses a brand logo. If you are going to wear an outfit like that you will get questions Bey could never get away with wearing a fake outfit if it wasn't designed by the brand  or a designer connected to the brand. Maybe redesign a vintage piece ok. But she would definitely get a bill if she decided to wear Mo's outfit. 

/.\