Fat Joe, Remy Ma & French Montana Sued Over 'All The Way Up'

Started by Lazarus, March 05, 2019, 02:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Fat Joe, Remy Ma, and French Montana reunited for "All The Way Up" back in 2016, a track that took on a life of its own and ended up netting the trio a pair of Grammy nominations. Three years after the tune's release, a lawsuit was reportedly filed on Monday (March 4) against the rappers by Miami-based MC Fly Havana, who claims to have been cut out of receiving any credit or compensation for the hit record.

According to the TMZ report, Havana (born Eric Elliott), says he played a role in creating "All The Way Up" alongside rapper/producer Infared, who is credited on the smash. Fat Joe reportedly agreed to sit down with Elliott at an iHOP in 2016 to discuss fair compensation, where Joe allegedly cut him the Miami-based Elliot a check for $5,000.

Havana claims Joe promised him more money as the anthem continued to grow, but he hasn't seen a dollar since. In court documents obtained by TMZ, Elliott says he also confronted French Montana about the situation in the studio. His case reportedly includes suing for prior damages and a co-writing credit on the track, which peaked at No. 27 on the Hot 100.

Billboard has reached out to reps at EMPIRE for comment.

Blackpantha

PROUD AFROCARIBBEAN KING
I LOVE MY BIG LIPS
MY STRONG NOSE
I LOVE ALL OF ME

RatherBe

Quote from: Lazarus on March 05, 2019, 02:25:21 PM
Fat Joe, Remy Ma, and French Montana reunited for "All The Way Up" back in 2016, a track that took on a life of its own and ended up netting the trio a pair of Grammy nominations. Three years after the tune's release, a lawsuit was reportedly filed on Monday (March 4) against the rappers by Miami-based MC Fly Havana, who claims to have been cut out of receiving any credit or compensation for the hit record.

According to the TMZ report, Havana (born Eric Elliott), says he played a role in creating "All The Way Up" alongside rapper/producer Infared, who is credited on the smash. Fat Joe reportedly agreed to sit down with Elliott at an iHOP in 2016 to discuss fair compensation, where Joe allegedly cut him the Miami-based Elliot a check for $5,000.

Havana claims Joe promised him more money as the anthem continued to grow, but he hasn't seen a dollar since. In court documents obtained by TMZ, Elliott says he also confronted French Montana about the situation in the studio. His case reportedly includes suing for prior damages and a co-writing credit on the track, which peaked at No. 27 on the Hot 100.

Billboard has reached out to reps at EMPIRE for comment.