Zoe Ever After ep1 (New Brandy song at the end!!)

Started by RAY7, January 01, 2016, 08:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

I watched the "Pilot" three times to really get a sense of it.
I like the premise, characters, and there's potential for positive growth, IMO. And I'm interested enough to tune in.

I wasn't expecting the show to be laugh out loud funny.
It seems more of a romantic-dramedy, which I prefer.

I love the song they played in the end, and that entire scene.
In the previews, I didn't like the assistant, but he actually is great on the show, thankfully.
BRANDY

BAPHOMET.

It's not my cup of tea.

But I wish Bran' success and I'll be waiting for the gifs  :ohwow:

brocka4life

Quote from: MypuzzystanK on January 01, 2016, 05:15:51 PM
Quote from: brocka4life on January 01, 2016, 04:36:43 PM
So people want the show to be Moesha.

They want the album to be either NSN or Full Moon.

Some of y'all are stuck in the 90s. Why would she work on a show with people she didn't get along with the first time around?

The show is cute...BET or not. The reality is, any show would be a huge risk on NBC, ABC, CBS, etc since they cancel shows all the time. Atleast BET is giving it a push and there has been no ratchetness. No offense, but Brandy is no Meryl Streep or Angela Bassett. This was cute for her skill level. I hope it's a success.

gorl shut up

people can feel how they want

Did I quote you and say that you couldn't?  :shannonsmissing:

And if you took your own advice.... I can feel how I want.

Go wash your puzzy or play in traffic or something.

Seven

I watched it again and it's not as bad as my initial viewing.

That said, while i don't expect this to be Moesha part 2, I wish ZEA took a similar approach to Moesha in that Moesha wasn't the primary comic relief. She was supported by a great cast of characters with impeccable comedic timing combined with some great writing and storytelling.

While Brandy has comedic moments, my gripe with her recent acting roles (Chardonnay and Zoe) is that the acting appears a bit over the top - as if she is overacting at times.

While I may be the minority, I think Brandy's dramatic acting chops are a bit stronger than her comedic acting chops. Nonetheless, the show's concept is great and there's definitely room for the characters to grow so I look forward to seeing more episodes.

FINE.

Quote from: Seven on January 01, 2016, 05:58:19 PM
While Brandy has comedic moments, my gripe with her recent acting roles (Chardonnay and Zoe) is that the acting appears a bit over the top - as if she is overacting at times.

While I may be the minority, I think Brandy's dramatic acting chops are a bit stronger than her comedic acting chops.
Yeah.

brocka4life

Quote from: FINE. on January 01, 2016, 06:05:13 PM

While I may be the minority, I think Brandy's dramatic acting chops are a bit stronger than her comedic acting chops.
Yeah.

I agree with every word.

MypuzzystanK

Quote from: brocka4life on January 01, 2016, 05:54:59 PM
Quote from: MypuzzystanK on January 01, 2016, 05:15:51 PM
Quote from: brocka4life on January 01, 2016, 04:36:43 PM
So people want the show to be Moesha.

They want the album to be either NSN or Full Moon.

Some of y'all are stuck in the 90s. Why would she work on a show with people she didn't get along with the first time around?

The show is cute...BET or not. The reality is, any show would be a huge risk on NBC, ABC, CBS, etc since they cancel shows all the time. Atleast BET is giving it a push and there has been no ratchetness. No offense, but Brandy is no Meryl Streep or Angela Bassett. This was cute for her skill level. I hope it's a success.

gorl shut up

people can feel how they want

Did I quote you and say that you couldn't?  :shannonsmissing:

And if you took your own advice.... I can feel how I want.

Go wash your puzzy or play in traffic or something.

faggot why are you still talking
i told your ugly ass to shut the hell up

BAPHOMET.

Jay

It really is to do with your outlook on the show before you watch it. If you didn't expect it to be good, you'll be pleasantly surprised and if you expected it to be flawless you may be a bit disappointed. Overall it's a good show and has a throwback appeal to it which will draw audiences in.
:ohwow:
Queen might have a hit on her hands!

monk al-taqi

"Trust in God is worth everything that is precious and the path to every goal which is high and sublime."

BrandyFromTheFuture

I actually love this. Very cute and easy to watch. I need that song they were playing in the end! I'm proud of Brandy. :wub:

Zankou.

Quote from: FINE. on January 01, 2016, 06:05:13 PM

Yeah.

!!!!

Kinda reminds me of Tasha Smith

throwintheTAL

monk al-taqi

January 01, 2016, 06:55:19 PM #133 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:57:03 PM by m.monk
a couple things ..

A+ brandy looks gorgeous, really she's perfect 

B her acting is good although a bit too overzealous. In fact all the actors did too much. They needs to have more cameos, would really take the show to the next level 

A the set is beautiful, love the clean look of the show

B- the humor is mediocre although like someone said its a dramaity so it's expected. Also didn't like the laugh track

A- using her music is genius and pretty original, although they need to make it more noticible to add to the mood/drama. Now if only they can sell her music instead of her makeup

I'll continue to tune in definitely

"Trust in God is worth everything that is precious and the path to every goal which is high and sublime."

RekeRig

Quote from: KingDrewLove on January 01, 2016, 03:44:20 PM
I expected Haneefa to really bring the laughs! Like Kim did on Moesha but that didn't happen. The show I'll get significantly better though. It's only the pilot. Hopefully next season they'll add a live audience.
yea she didn't even have many scenes

"The Game" had a horrible pilot and it ended up being a great show