B7 IS FUCKING HERE!!!!!

Started by Heated🔥, June 30, 2020, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley. HARRIS!

July 05, 2020, 02:32:51 PM #165 Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 02:33:09 PM by Bentley. THE Moderator.
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on July 05, 2020, 02:31:29 PM
Quote from: Noni on July 05, 2020, 02:15:32 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on July 05, 2020, 02:11:37 PM
Well I guess it did leak, just not publicly 

If no one is going to share it with me please describe it a bit more.

No one has said it's great yet  :dead:

I only admitted to having it bc it's so close to being released. I love it. I've been going up for it privately since before love again. I think I've listened so much to the point that the album version is going to feel weird initially.

For me, much like Saving All My Love, the first listen was jarring. Neither of these sounds have a typical melody, structure, or lyrical content. If for nothing else, it's the reason why I'm so excited for this album. She's pushing musical boundaries, bringing them down even in an effort to give more light to the stories. That's what I feel when I listen to borderline. And it feels personal! It's not fake deep. It's Brandy.
so this is an old song?
:disgusted:

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Bentley. THE Moderator. on July 05, 2020, 02:32:51 PM

I only admitted to having it bc it's so close to being released. I love it. I've been going up for it privately since before love again. I think I've listened so much to the point that the album version is going to feel weird initially.

For me, much like Saving All My Love, the first listen was jarring. Neither of these sounds have a typical melody, structure, or lyrical content. If for nothing else, it's the reason why I'm so excited for this album. She's pushing musical boundaries, bringing them down even in an effort to give more light to the stories. That's what I feel when I listen to borderline. And it feels personal! It's not fake deep. It's Brandy.
so this is an old song?
:disgusted:

It's not secret that Brandy has been recording B7 for quite some time, and Borderline has been a topic of discussion here for quite some time.

Noni

July 05, 2020, 02:43:46 PM #167 Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 03:24:53 PM by Noni

Edited since my venting was pretty unnecessary. I'm sure all of the things have heard will make sense in the final version. I have hope in B7 and I'm super excited to hear it in full!

Btw: here is an official invite from me to anyone who can drop me download link to borderline or any other B7 track. Talk to you in the PMs. 🙏🏽

Moon

I just.. when I wake up and see it appear on spotify

Its not gonna seem real :stressed:

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Noni on July 05, 2020, 02:43:46 PM

I don't know what to think of that. I mean everything we've heard from this era seems to be unstructured, overly layered and lyrically random. Tbh even baby mama is messy and takes an effort to get into. No clear melody in the verses  etc. I don't know what to expect from this anymore. To me it's like I have to come to terms with the fact that the brandy I've been in love with for almost all my life, is gone.

I understand pushing Boundaries etc but music is also music. Not rocket science. If I wanted an art project I'd listen to Bjork. Lol

I'm also shocked at her team approving whatever has been coming out. Where is everyone?

I know I haven't Heard B7 yet but this is what I'm feeling based on snippets and songs so far...just venting so aim your arrows in another direction plz.

Btw: here is an official invite from me to anyone who can drop me download link to borderline or any other B7 track. Talk to you in the PMs. 🙏🏽

I personally can't say that Brandy got it right on Baby Mama but the structure, etc. is a non issue on this version of Borderline at least. I'm not concerned about his album in the least bit.

Mrd0ndada

July 05, 2020, 02:46:22 PM #170 Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 02:48:30 PM by Mrd0ndada
%u2639%uFE0F

🙄

Seven

I'm somewhat excited. I couldn't stand Savin All My Love at first and I too thought it was jarring. Now I love it. When it comes to music, Brandy is usually ahead of her time so I trust it will be nothing short of amazing.

Drew - After B7 album is released, would you mind sharing the version you have?

Mrd0ndada

I don't understand how ppl can fume & be disappointed in music that they haven't even heard yet.  
🙄

FRANCE

Quote from: Mrd0ndada on July 05, 2020, 02:46:22 PM
I don%u2019t understand how ppl can fume over something that they haven%u2019t even heard yet. 

Not a advanced lashing!

I dont get it either. Like, just wait to form ur opinion.

And Baby Mama def has a distinct melody. SAML def not, until u listen a few times. Y'all just need to wait. And even if its released and u dont like it like that, there is still the full album. Brandy has never released an album for me where her singles are even in my Top 3 fave from the album. Def didnt happen with 2/11, Human, Afro or Full Moon. As fans, we should know better.

Noni

Quote from: Mrd0ndada on July 05, 2020, 02:50:00 PM
I don't understand how ppl can fume & be disappointed in music that they haven't even heard yet. 

😊

I'm not disappointed in what I haven't heard. I'm disappointed in what I've seen and heard so far. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Moon

Quote from: Mrd0ndada on July 05, 2020, 02:50:00 PM

I feel like some fans are still traumatized from the FM/Afro eras and still think GHan is getting a #1 platinum mess out

It just ain't happening anymore. I can't wait to just have new music at this point

Noni

Quote from: FRANCE on July 05, 2020, 02:50:59 PM
Quote from: Mrd0ndada on July 05, 2020, 02:46:22 PM
I don%u2019t understand how ppl can fume over something that they haven%u2019t even heard yet. 

Not a advanced lashing!

I dont get it either. Like, just wait to form ur opinion.

And Baby Mama def has a distinct melody. SAML def not, until u listen a few times. Y'all just need to wait. And even if its released and u dont like it like that, there is still the full album. Brandy has never released an album for me where her singles are even in my Top 3 fave from the album. Def didnt happen with 2/11, Human, Afro or Full Moon. As fans, we should know better.

That's true

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Noni on July 05, 2020, 02:43:46 PM

I don't know what to think of that. I mean everything we've heard from this era seems to be unstructured, overly layered and lyrically random. Tbh even baby mama is messy and takes an effort to get into. No clear melody in the verses  etc. I don't know what to expect from this anymore. To me it's like I have to come to terms with the fact that the brandy I've been in love with for almost all my life, is gone.

I understand pushing Boundaries etc but music is also music. Not rocket science. If I wanted an art project I'd listen to Bjork. Lol

I'm also shocked at her team approving whatever has been coming out. Where is everyone?

I know I haven't Heard B7 yet but this is what I'm feeling based on snippets and songs so far...just venting so aim your arrows in another direction plz.

What has been overly layered and random lyrically? LMAO how are you mad at an album that you haven't even heard, when has Brandy ever givennnnn too much on her actual album tracks???? She doesn't... and she is expressing herself through a body of work and I'm here for it. I'm ready for her to give us some music that isn't exactly perfect and pretty, give me truth and soul.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Noni

I take everything back. 

I am and was always excited about B7. Nothing more nothing less. 😊

DrewBabyLove

July 05, 2020, 03:09:29 PM #179 Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 03:11:18 PM by DrewBabyLove
Quote from: Seven on July 05, 2020, 02:47:56 PM

No one has said it%u2019s great yet  :dead:

I only admitted to having it bc it%u2019s so close to being released. I love it. I%u2019ve been going up for it privately since before love again. I think I%u2019ve listened so much to the point that the album version is going to feel weird initially.

For me, much like Saving All My Love, the first listen was jarring. Neither of these sounds have a typical melody, structure, or lyrical content. If for nothing else, it%u2019s the reason why I%u2019m so excited for this album. She%u2019s pushing musical boundaries, bringing them down even in an effort to give more light to the stories. That%u2019s what I feel when I listen to borderline. And it feels personal! It%u2019s not fake deep. It%u2019s Brandy.

I'm somewhat excited. I couldn't stand Savin All My Love at first and I too thought it was jarring. Now I love it. When it comes to music, Brandy is usually ahead of her time so I trust it will be nothing short of amazing.

Drew - After B7 album is released, would you mind sharing the version you have?

As long as im not told by anyone of importance not to, absolutely. Just remind me.