R. Kelly Loses $100,000 Lawsuit Against Georgia Venue After Failing to Show Up t

Started by Lazarus, May 21, 2018, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

R. Kelly Loses $100,000 Lawsuit Against Georgia Venue After Failing to Show Up to Court

R. Kelly has lost a lawsuit filed against a Georgia concert venue after failing to show up to a Chicago federal courtroom hearing last week.

The suit was filed last year by Kelly's management company, RSK Enterprises, claiming breach of contract against Georgia's Macon Coliseum-operator Comcast Spectacor over a concert in February 2017. The case alleged that Comcast Spectacor never wired Kelly $100,000 owed for a performance he delivered. The musician sought that amount plus damages.

According to Judge John Robert Blakey's May 15 filing to dismiss the case, which was first reported by Pitchfork, Kelly had already failed to appear at hearings on April 3 and May 8. The document also notes he had warned Kelly "that any future failures to appear may subject this case to a dismissal for want of prosecution."

The ruling comes after two attorneys representing RSK Enterprises -- Heather Blaise of Blaise & Nitschke, P.C. and Travis Life of Leavens, Strand & Glover, LLC -- stepped down from the case on April 25. In their filing, they cited "ethical obligations" as their reasoning.

Following Kelly's attorneys' departures, he was ordered to personally appear at the next hearing via a corporate representative for his company or through new counsel -- to which he did not comply.

Kelly has been the subject of intense scrutiny following a number of sexual misconduct allegations that have been levied against him in recent months, including claims he has run a cult that grooms women to act as his sex slaves. He has denied those allegations.

Last month, Kelly's attorney, assistant and publicist all cut ties with the musician.

Billboard reached out to Kelly's rep for comment but did not hear back at time of publishing.

Cowboy Nine

Damn.

On top of this, I heard the families of some of the girls have a documentary coming on Lifetime soon.

It's about to be curtains for him it seems.

:guys:

BAPHOMET.

XXX.

TMZ also broke a story a few hours ago of some girl suing him for sexual assault.

This is a LOT for one person to handle.  I?d be on damn suicide watch.

4 fucking k

It?s so weird how the media is following him so intensively. I don?t recall Kellz ever being this famous.

4 fucking k

Quote from: XXX. on May 21, 2018, 06:50:57 PM
TMZ also broke a story a few hours ago of some girl suing him for sexual assault.

m

That nigga don?t give a fuck :kii:

Sinpool

aklmkmskssss

Damns they bout to lash him harder than the peeing mess

XXX.

Quote from: element on May 21, 2018, 06:54:44 PM
Quote from: XXX. on May 21, 2018, 06:50:57 PM

m

That nigga don?t give a fuck :kii:

I been meaning to ask you...

I know you saw Wendy met with him and said he told her everything.  And that she couldn?t believe he was telling her certain stuff.

Do you think he confessed to her?  Like, what do you think he said to her?

XXX.

Cowboy Nine

Sinpool

Quote from: Freeruu on May 21, 2018, 07:00:18 PM

Seems like the fans are unbothered by everything going on in the media

Nkjsnjs

That name really kind hurts Kelly considering the whole Times Up movement thing.

4 fucking k

I just read the sexual assault post on TMZ and sis is claiming that he bombarded her hotel room for sex when he first flew her out and they had abusive sex but she dated him for a year? :uhh: Make it make sense.

Either way this cult leader needs to do something. Like go to rehab or something. Even if all these allegations aren?t a amounting to criminal charges, it?s still a bad look. This year is worse than when he was indicted back in 2002 :uhh: I?m over it. The way he?s letting a legendary career go to waste over pussy :uhh: Old dumb nigger.