The Encore: the girls SLAY final performance, pussy pirate pam leaves group

Started by ophababes., June 04, 2021, 07:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalonso.

June 11, 2021, 10:48:54 AM #390 Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 10:49:35 AM by L0NZ.

ophababes.

Annie

June 11, 2021, 11:28:34 AM #392 Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:38:56 AM by Annie

..so Felisha King produced this song
but LaShawn also has a credit, Tamar Braxton and Blac Elvis (Ciara Promise, Fergie Glamorous, Kelly Rowland Like this)

And she also produced for Cherish and a song for Sevyn Streeter and Justin Bieber.

/.\

Annie

I couldn't find a good page for Kiely's producer history
i only found her Cameo
https://www.cameo.com/v/5fdc47fedb9ee1001d13960f

/.\

Annie

Oh wait Felisha wrote this?
it's giving me Aaliyah I love it

/.\

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Annie on June 11, 2021, 11:43:20 AM

This is your first time hearing this?  :dead:
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Annie

Quote from: JCJ on June 11, 2021, 11:45:41 AM

This is your first time hearing this?  :dead:
I might have heard it when it first dropped now that I think about it

/.\

Aalonso.

It's so weird to me because Aaliyah didn't have many traditional R&B songs. Songs with that.....formula. The sure songs. I think it stifled her a little, I can just imagine how much more appeal she would have had with cookie cutter songs, because her voice was perfect for them. What she gave would benefit an artist in TODAYS climate. I feel like her melodies and such weren't very sing along friendly. Her mess stood out, but songs like this I don't think Aaliyah made, yet I hear Aaliyah all over it, which is what I said all that to say.

ophababes.

i think part of liy's appeal was the fact that she didn't give a cookie cutter vibe tho bby. i think thst would have put her in the mill with the rest of the girls. her unique tale on everything is what made her a household name.

Aalonso.

Quote from: oph k. williams on June 11, 2021, 12:19:21 PM
i think part of liy's appeal was the fact that she didn't give a cookie cutter vibe tho bby. i think thst would have put her in the mill with the rest of the girls. her unique tale on everything is what made her a household name.

I kno I'm just saying I imagine her star would have been brighter sooner with traditional sounding music. Trust me I understand the appeal of left field things

Aalonso.

Missy is really such a great writer. I remember reading where someone was saying it was difficult to write melodies to Timbalands early beats because while they were dynamic, rhythmic, and amaze.... they weren't very...... musical. The music itself didnt really lead where the melody should go. It was like writing them out of thin air amidst warps/synths/blips on top of odd timed beats. 

RAY7

Quote from: L0NZ. on June 11, 2021, 11:57:28 AM

It's so weird to me because Aaliyah didn't have many traditional R&B songs. Songs with that.....formula. The sure songs. I think it stifled her a little, I can just imagine how much more appeal she would have had with cookie cutter songs, because her voice was perfect for them. What she gave would benefit an artist in TODAYS climate. I feel like her melodies and such weren't very sing along friendly. Her mess stood out, but songs like this I don't think Aaliyah made, yet I hear Aaliyah all over it, which is what I said all that to say.
um it just sounds like At Your Best :dead:

Aalonso.

Quote from: RAY7 on June 11, 2021, 02:02:08 PM

What album is that

RAY7

Quote from: L0NZ. on June 11, 2021, 02:07:04 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on June 11, 2021, 02:02:08 PM

What album is that
album?