Lovecraft country cancelled!

Started by Nonchalantboi, July 02, 2021, 06:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonchalantboi

According to Deadline a rep for the show stated:
"We will not be moving forward with a second season of Lovecraft Country. We are grateful for the dedication and artistry of the gifted cast and crew, and to Misha Green, who crafted this groundbreaking series. And to the fans, thank you for joining us on this journey."

https://deadline.com/2021/07/lovecraft-country-canceled-no-season-2-hbo-1234785811/

Like wtf the show was in everyone lips and people were literally anticipating a 2nd season  :shook:

🔥🔥🔥

.fuckdemkids

thought it was a one n done mess anyways :uhh:

Cowgirl

b7

It's based on the comic or book, right? It was always only meant to be a mini series. Season 2 was just something they considered conceptualizing but literally nothing has even been written, i don't think.

b7

I'm still sad tho :'(

QuoteBut the enthusiastic reception of the first season of Lovecraft Country, created, executive produced and showrun by Green and produced by J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot and Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw Productions, did not automatically guarantee a renewal.

That is because Season 1 was based on Matt Ruff's book, which served as a roadmap for the series. Like HBO has done with other series, most notably Big Little Lies, which ended up producing an original second season after a first installment based on Liane Moriarty's novel, HBO did pursue a potential second chapter of Lovecraft Country.

CHOKE

The main actor is apart of the MCU now. 
Doubt he would have even come back 

Demetri Thorpe🤴🏾

French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Edge gorl

Young

You gotta be fucking kidding me  :fuming:

STUNNA GOD

Jon

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

I'm fckn pissed.  Like, the show definitely did well and was nominated for emmys and everything,  so it couldnt have been a decision based on that. Like who decided this :uhh:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: RIG 7 on July 02, 2021, 06:44:38 PM
I'm still sad tho :'(

QuoteBut the enthusiastic reception of the first season of Lovecraft Country, created, executive produced and showrun by Green and produced by J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot and Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw Productions, did not automatically guarantee a renewal.

That is because Season 1 was based on Matt Ruff's book, which served as a roadmap for the series. Like HBO has done with other series, most notably Big Little Lies, which ended up producing an original second season after a first installment based on Liane Moriarty's novel, HBO did pursue a potential second chapter of Lovecraft Country.
And WTF HAPPENED!?!? I need fckn answers  :uhh: