The Red Album

Started by ssw4919, July 07, 2021, 12:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andthecategoryis...

HER BEST ALBUM. LASH AFTER LASH  :supluv: :supluv: :supluv:
IS THIS THE ALBUM WE HOLD NEXT TO FULL MOON?
:woohoo:
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

b7

Quote from: ssw4919 on July 07, 2021, 05:00:37 PM
:stressed:  What she said about Static.  :'(

see this is the kinda stuff i can watch all day

b7

Quote from: ssw4919 on July 07, 2021, 07:38:04 PM
3. "Rock the Boat" (Steve "Static" Garrett, Rapture Stewart, Eric Seats)

Rapture: "That's actually a funny story because when Seats and I were doing that track, we were at the studio earlier before Playa came to the studio, we were working on that track, but the funny thing is we didn't like it the way it was. It was just the beat and a couple of sounds and we were like 'It's cool, but we'll come back to it.' It's funny because as we were going to something else, Static had just got there and they heard the song coming down the hall, so when he got there we already cut it off and he came to the door and was like 'Wait put that back, what is that?' He told us to pull it back up and he instantly got the melody and he went right in the booth and he didn't do any words, he just put the melody down. And then the next couple of days, he did the whole song."

Things like this always make me wonder.  The coincidence that he walked in when he did and heard just a little bit of the song, and started creating Rock the Boat.  Like, if he walked down the hall a minute later, Rock the Boat wouldn't exist.  But then, does that mean she would still be alive?    :shook:
The butterfly effect is so got damn real omg

b7

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on July 07, 2021, 09:57:36 PM
HER BEST ALBUM. LASH AFTER LASH  :supluv: :supluv: :supluv:
IS THIS THE ALBUM WE HOLD NEXT TO FULL MOON?
:woohoo:
many do! Yes

Young

Young

Rapture: "That's actually a funny story because when Seats and I were doing that track, we were at the studio earlier before Playa came to the studio, we were working on that track, but the funny thing is we didn't like it the way it was. It was just the beat and a couple of sounds and we were like 'It's cool, but we'll come back to it.' It's funny because as we were going to something else, Static had just got there and they heard the song coming down the hall, so when he got there we already cut it off and he came to the door and was like 'Wait put that back, what is that?' He told us to pull it back up and he instantly got the melody and he went right in the booth and he didn't do any words, he just put the melody down. And then the next couple of days, he did the whole song."

Things like this always make me wonder.  The coincidence that he walked in when he did and heard just a little bit of the song, and started creating Rock the Boat.  Like, if he walked down the hall a minute later, Rock the Boat wouldn't exist.  But then, does that mean she would still be alive?    :shook:

woah

:thatssowendy:

What kinda butterfly effect mess

I love stories like this though

Young

Quote from: RIG 7 on July 08, 2021, 04:38:46 AM

The butterfly effect is so got damn real omg

omfff

King sdsdsd. >><<<

ssw4919

https://youknowigotsoul.com/aaliyah

"It's Whatever" (Steve "Static" Garrett, Rapture Stewart, Eric Seats)
Rapture:"I remember when we did that track. That was actually the first track that we actually laid when we were in the studio actually working on her album. So we finally got in the studio with Static and Black, we kind of just played down all the songs we had done and he marked off the ones he liked and that was one of the ones he really liked because he always said he liked the piano element in there. That's why when he first heard that, he automatically was like 'That's the one I want.' So that was actually the first track we actually did."

:stressed:

Zankou.

jesus

:thatssowendy:

ssw4919

n

Didn't mean to blow people's minds.

Cartierline

n

not fuming over ppl calling it the red album

:blink:

Marilyn

You have to be open minded to appreciate this album.

Lazarus

A&R was not in charge of Aaliyah.

Seats also mentioned in his chat with Vibe that Aaliyah hand-selected all of the tracks on the 2001 LP. "At the end of the day, she chose all of the records that are on that record. She had to give the okay," he recalled. "She had to like them. She was not a pushover to where an A&R was going to come and say, 'Baby Girl, you got to put this one on there.' She was running her stuff. Her ear, for her to hear those sounds and say, 'Aha!' That's what I mean by that. Tim didn't do that. Static didn't do that. That's Aaliyah's work."

:stressed:

Zankou.

Quote from: Marilyn on July 08, 2021, 10:54:28 AM
You have to be open minded to appreciate this album.

So you're not into it?

.fuckdemkids

Quote from: Cartierline on July 08, 2021, 09:58:09 AM
n

not fuming over ppl calling it the red album

:blink:

:uhh:

The red album >>> self titled , 3rd, last/final