Guys, I LOVE whitney but this is why celine will always just be.........UGH!

Started by Vonc2002, August 17, 2021, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

Anastacia is another singer i think of who is really powerful but the timbre of her voice is THIN.

RAY7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on August 17, 2021, 02:31:34 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 01:57:37 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 01:48:33 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 01:44:28 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 01:37:38 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 01:34:09 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 01:31:58 PM
She SANG here. However 80s Whitney could definitely do this no sweat. I have heard other Celine clips with even more outrageous things being done
I think whitney definitely has the skill to do everything celine can but whitney ain't ever had this much power. That's what separates them imo....... and why I love celine tbh. I love that power rock vocal thing she gives
Its actually the opposite  :dead: Celine can do some THINGS vocally that I never heard Whit try and I dont think she could pull it off as far as the scatting and imitating instruments
However Whitney's power and resonance>>>>>
Celine has power but shes so nasal with it, I dont get the FORCE from the robust sound that Whitney has from her
Nah whitney ain't giving the power celine gives. Whitney's voice is......PRETTIER. she doesnt do the rougher, gritty, rocky type things celine does vocally
rough doesnt mean more powerful. Whitney's voice has the power and resonance, Celine is loud and thin
I didn't say it did but she gives a big vocal better than whitney. Celine dion has a thin voice?  :plzstop:
Celine's voice isnt thin.  If that's the case, whitney has a thin voice.  Neither of them has the FULLNESS of a kelly price or Jennifer Hudson. And I wouldn't want them to. When ur voice is full and heavy,  usually there is less agility. Celine wouldn't be able to give these power rock ass vocals if she had a "thin" voice tho,  that literally makes no sense  :omf:
I think u need to find a better term because u said the same thing about someone else's voice on here and it ain't hardly thin. That's not an accurate term to classify celine's voice  :dead:

Um...I kinda agree with Ray, I would even go step further and say her voice can be kinda shrill. But that's  the beauty of it, its sharp and resonant. I think you're equating thin with weak Von  :dead:
exactly YES Rome. Its very piercing, and not HEFTY but still not weak. She knows how to PUSH that thing

Kaeli.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 02:13:14 PM
She SANG here. However 80s Whitney could definitely do this no sweat. I have heard other Celine clips with even more outrageous things being done
I think whitney definitely has the skill to do everything celine can but whitney ain't ever had this much power. That's what separates them imo....... and why I love celine tbh. I love that power rock vocal thing she gives
Its actually the opposite  :dead: Celine can do some THINGS vocally that I never heard Whit try and I dont think she could pull it off as far as the scatting and imitating instruments
Celine has power but shes so nasal with it, I dont get the FORCE from the robust sound that Whitney has from her
Nah whitney ain't giving the power celine gives. Whitney's voice is......PRETTIER. she doesnt do the rougher, gritty, rocky type things celine does vocally
loud and thin
U know who this is a PERFECT description of tho

Ashanti think she be SINGING but those thin, nothing ass vocals be having me screaming.  I really can't believe u like her  :dead:
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIFOPUDF

Vonc2002

rough doesnt mean more powerful. Whitney's voice has the power and resonance, Celine is loud and thin
I didn't say it did but she gives a big vocal better than whitney. Celine dion has a thin voice?  :plzstop:
Celine's voice isnt thin.  If that's the case, whitney has a thin voice.  Neither of them has the FULLNESS of a kelly price or Jennifer Hudson. And I wouldn't want them to. When ur voice is full and heavy,  usually there is less agility. Celine wouldn't be able to give these power rock ass vocals if she had a "thin" voice tho,  that literally makes no sense  :omf:
I think u need to find a better term because u said the same thing about someone else's voice on here and it ain't hardly thin. That's not an accurate term to classify celine's voice  :dead:

Um...I kinda agree with Ray, I would even go step further and say her voice can be kinda shrill. But that's  the beauty of it, its sharp and resonant. I think you're equating thin with weak Von  :dead:
Her voice can be shrill. I agree with that but thin it isnt. Sopranos have thinner vocal folds and stuff like that which enables them to go higher and of course the voice will be thinner than someone who is an alto, tenor, whatever but just saying she has a thin voice is false.  That's cassie, ashanti, etc. Not celine dion. That's just not a good word to describe her voice.  Do u think whitney could sing celine songs with the power celine does?
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 02:38:33 PM

exactly YES Rome. Its very piercing, and not HEFTY but still not weak. She knows how to PUSH that thing
I agree with all this too. That's why I like her voice. That piercing quality. 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 02:43:06 PM

Her voice can be shrill. I agree with that but thin it isnt. Sopranos have thinner vocal folds and stuff like that which enables them to go higher and of course the voice will be thinner than someone who is an alto, tenor, whatever but just saying she has a thin voice is false.  That's cassie, ashanti, etc. Not celine dion. That's just not a good word to describe her voice.  Do u think whitney could sing celine songs with the power celine does?

Maybe, until like 1997 :dead:

Kaeli.

one of my fav Celine teas

[youtube autoplay=1 start=206][/youtube]

Vonc2002

Im thinking about it and whitney's chest voice isnt as strong and that's why I think I feel like celine has the Stronger voice. There's a point in Whitney's  voice where she just switches from chest voice to head voice. Whitney is ALMOST more songbird to me. Her voice is stronger than that but not full out powerful either imo

RAY7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on August 17, 2021, 02:49:09 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 02:43:06 PM

Maybe, until like 1997 :dead:
the singer in this is definitely able

Vonc2002

Vonc2002

I'm being so serious and not at all looking for a battle royale because like I said,  I think OVERALL whitney is better,  but show me sumn of whitney giving what celine was giving at 2:18 here 

I've never seen whitney give sumn like that in her chest voice

Vonc2002

And that right there isnt even celine's most powerful vocal.  Celine can belt in full ass voice and it be powerful asf. Usually whitney transitions into a head voice and that's where her upper register notes all are for the most part

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 02:56:43 PM
I'm being so serious and not at all looking for a battle royale because like I said,  I think OVERALL whitney is better,  but show me sumn of whitney giving what celine was giving at 2:18 here

3 minutes

Vonc2002

Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 03:01:03 PM

3 minutes
U mean what she did at the 3 min mark?

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2021, 03:07:49 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on August 17, 2021, 03:01:03 PM

3 minutes
U mean what she did at the 3 min mark?
from there until 3:30 but REALLY at 3:18 :ohwow: