Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosone1

Everyone(the writers and producer(s) included) understood the assignment in capturing the late 90s/early 2000s hip hop.

Rxxf

Quote from: rosone1 on October 25, 2021, 01:18:58 PM
Everyone(the writers and producer(s) included) understood the assignment in capturing the late 90s/early 2000s hip hop.
BRANDY

Rxxf

BRANDY

long-timeTheRoofFan

October 25, 2021, 01:28:31 PM #2044 Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 01:30:09 PM by long-timeNastyGirl
I love that Brandy's storyline is that she's still a musician and has been all along, so no matter where they go in the episode if they are telling stories from the past or present she will have music.

It's the Brandy solo music for me... Vocal and Guitar first song... Vocals and Piano the second song...

:plzstop:

It's everything I've been asking for, for years

:loose2when:

and then there's Xplicit aka Bran'Nu ... I've been a fan since day one and always wanted her to rap for real

:thatssowendy:

long-timeTheRoofFan

Wrecking Ball is also giving me "Masked Singer" vibes... I could see Brandy doing something like this on that show.... If she had done the show

:flamebroiled:

b7

Brandy and Naturi ripped "Belly of the Bitch" to SHREDS!!!

My favorite Naomi verse so far

We're getting 13 episodes in season 1 by the way. This is only the second damn episode  :kii: destroy us!

b7

Quote from: Harlem on October 25, 2021, 12:33:36 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on October 25, 2021, 12:25:55 PM
Belly of the Bitch :uhh:
is it the damn LOX?

!!!!!!!!!!

I was literally saying this female LOX energy they got going on!!! I'm fuckin with it!!!
baby!!!!!!!

KingOfHearts

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 25, 2021, 02:24:05 PM

We're getting 13 episodes in season 1 by the way. This is only the second damn episode  :kii: destroy us!

13 episodes!! C'mon!! 🙌🏾
:gorlonfire:
My Queens!!

b7

I never cared for the Hook of Wrecking ball. It's always been the verses for me and i enjoyed Naomi's rendition of that

I don't care for her tone on the hook or Miley's either for that matter, although i like where Miley placed it in her voice. Great song overall

b7

October 25, 2021, 02:34:13 PM #2051 Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 02:34:43 PM by Somebody's RIG
Quoteauthor=KingOfHearts link=topic=102947.msg2806669#msg2806669 date=1635186392]
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 25, 2021, 02:24:05 PM

13 episodes!! C'mon!! 🙌🏾
:gorlonfire:
Yes God!

I read it in the New York Times article:

QuoteWith its combination of melodrama and musical performances, "Queens" offered Brandy a chance to flex all of her performance muscles. "I remember how Broadway made me feel," she said in a recent interview, referring to her acclaimed four-month run, in 2015, as Roxie Hart in "Chicago." (She has since reprised the role on Broadway and in touring productions.) "I felt so good doing Broadway, and I was like, 'If I could do something like this for television, this would be amazing.'"

QuoteThe "Queens" creator Zahir McGhee, a longtime rap fan best known as a writer and producer on shows like "Scandal" and "For the People," conceived the series with the specific goal of mining '90s hip-hop nostalgia. He enlisted the help of Sabrina Wind ("Desperate Housewives," "Devious Maids"), who signed on as an executive producer, and Swizz Beatz, the rapper and co-creator of Verzuz, who is the executive music producer. For the cast, he wanted to find artists who could not only rap and sing but also felt authentic to the era, and he had two names in mind from the beginning: Brandy and Eve (who plays Brianna, who performs as Professor Sex).

"I became obsessed with Brandy the human as a character and saw all of these things that were analogous to Naomi in the show," McGhee said.
Brandy finally signed on in March. She said that McGhee's pilot script spoke to her more than any other she has read, given her personal experience with navigating single motherhood and rediscovering her voice after a time away from the spotlight. "Music is my first love, so to be a part of a show where I can actually sing, dance, rap, act — it's like a dream role," she said.

QuoteIn a video interview from Atlanta, where she has been filming the 13-episode first season of "Queens," Brandy spoke about her biggest rap inspirations, the show's exploration of womanhood and the possibility of a "Moesha" reunion. These are edited excerpts from the conversation.

b7

Naomi Xplicit Lyrics >>>>

QuoteOh my God, yes. I haven't had much experience, but I've been rapping for a little bit and I've always wanted to push my instrument to whatever level it could go to. I've been inspired all my life by hip-hop. For Xplicit, it's been Nas, Jadakiss, Cam'ron, Lauryn Hill, Nicki Minaj.

I love the challenge of having to find a certain tone to become Xplicit. Because the way she's written, she's the glue that holds everything together, so I had to find this certain kind of swag that I don't naturally have. I had to really work on that.

:ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:

b7

Quote from: Rxxf on October 25, 2021, 01:21:02 PM
Quote from: rosone1 on October 25, 2021, 01:18:58 PM
!!!!!! NAILED it

It helps to have our Queens (future legends) and producers that have actually lived it. That's what separates them from so many shows before them and the current ones

:omf:

Micheal Watson