Kelly Rowland: "I've Recorded 45 Songs"

Started by MosDef, January 16, 2016, 11:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel.

the songs she previewed on instagram were really good
so if its anything like that, I'll be happy

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

well I forgot she has the deal with Pepsi and Seagrams so maybe this era just might be a slay for her.

Wtv

January 17, 2016, 04:21:27 PM #62 Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:22:47 PM by Tijobr
Quote from: RIG on January 17, 2016, 10:13:41 AM
Quote from: Tijobr on January 17, 2016, 07:00:30 AM

"I've recorded 45 songs to be completely honest, the challenge for me right now is solidifying like exactly what sound that is"

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

And this right here is the main problem with many urban female acts. There is NO direction, no concept, no anything.

They just record and record and record with a bunch of people without even knowing what they really want for the album, and after 30-50 songs, they stop: "ok, what album do I want now?"

:nowgorl:

And then they complain why the r&b sales/state is so poor these days  :dead:
thats not even a lot of songs. "Artists" do this all the time. You decide on theme and concepts later on. It doesn't mean you don't know what sound you wanna go for

Being an artist is all about changing and evolving all the time, along with adapting and being a chameleon.  Brandy recorded over 150 songs during the Full moon process and she was extremely creative

Would you sit here and deny that masterpiece of an album? No. so it all depends

Brandy is a different case, and about Full Moon, she had a chemistry with ONE producer so they created magic.

We cant say the same thing about most of these other girls. They record without knowing what they want, and its not about evolving, people evolve over the years, albums dont "evolve", artists just change directions, thats not evolving, lol. When you have a clear idea about the album you want, you do it in a short period of time, the reason why most girls take years to release is because they are lost musically.

mauza

this thread's title SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

"جاني الاسمر"

death

MAY

Quote from: H??R J?RD∆Ń on January 17, 2016, 03:52:00 PM
well I forgot she has the deal with Pepsi and Seagrams so maybe this era just might be a slay for her.

OOP! Well SLAY a bit Kel'!

Not all the girls can book a Pepsi deal LOLZ! :roflmao:

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

It's just a deal bby, not a commercial. Kell be having all these deals but they never put that ass on the TV. Except Dark and Love' lolz

VirgoMind

Quote from: RIG on January 17, 2016, 10:13:41 AM
Quote from: Tijobr on January 17, 2016, 07:00:30 AM

"I've recorded 45 songs to be completely honest, the challenge for me right now is solidifying like exactly what sound that is"

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

And this right here is the main problem with many urban female acts. There is NO direction, no concept, no anything.

They just record and record and record with a bunch of people without even knowing what they really want for the album, and after 30-50 songs, they stop: "ok, what album do I want now?"

:nowgorl:

And then they complain why the r&b sales/state is so poor these days  :dead:
thats not even a lot of songs. "Artists" do this all the time. You decide on theme and concepts later on. It doesn't mean you don't know what sound you wanna go for

Being an artist is all about changing and evolving all the time, along with adapting and being a chameleon.  Brandy recorded over 150 songs during the Full moon process and she was extremely creative

Would you sit here and deny that masterpiece of an album? No. so it all depends

Exactly and it's not just urban female acts lolz Maybe that's just what he/she pays attention too lol because the "pop acts" do the same process of recording and changing direction throughout the process etc... Adele did it, Justin Timberlake does it, Christina Ag', Lady Gaga, Beyonc?, and so on.. It's called being an artist as you stated, Rig..
And a lot of the ones that pump out fast albums are not "artist" they are guided and told what to sing.

Herb.

Quote from: H??R J?RD∆Ń on January 18, 2016, 03:01:58 AM
It's just a deal bby, not a commercial. Kell be having all these deals but they never put that ass on the TV. Except Dark and Love' lolz
wtf :omgwatshappening:

Kaeli.

TAGG is great. One of the best R&B messes of the decade

Young

FRANCE

Quote from: Kaeli. on January 18, 2016, 04:40:13 AM

!!!

I dont get some of the gorls in here saying "ALL the songs are bad, every track is horrible".  :uhh:

FAMÈ

Quote from: H??R J?RD∆Ń on January 18, 2016, 03:01:58 AM
zaccsvsvbndnndnddmnnnn

Very...fitting for her.

FAMÈ

Quote from: Francois Lite on January 18, 2016, 07:04:30 AM

!!!

I dont get some of the gorls in here saying "ALL the songs are bad, every track is horrible".  :uhh:
v

The album is late and full of filler.

Here I Am is her best alb'

Zankou.

January 18, 2016, 11:28:55 AM #74 Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:29:37 AM by Saturn.
Quote from: FAM? on January 18, 2016, 11:27:53 AM
Quote from: Francois Lite on January 18, 2016, 07:04:30 AM

!!!

v

The album is late and full of filler.

Here I Am is her best alb'

B