“Fas is singing lead? She can’t sing like I can!”

Started by dangerous, October 29, 2021, 07:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zankou.

Quote from: Rudest Lil Madam on October 29, 2021, 11:33:22 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on October 29, 2021, 11:31:26 AM
Quote from: Rudest Lil Madam on October 29, 2021, 11:30:09 AM
I still don't understand why they didn't tone down or diminish Beyoncé's vocals. It made no sense that Deena out-sang Effie the whole movie.

what?
The point of the story is that Deena outshined Effie only bc of her looks and not talent. In the movie, Deena ate Effie's vocals tf up.

That's not how the movie played and no one thinks that but you

Dumb inbred hick

Cowgirl

Quote from: zanny on October 29, 2021, 01:06:58 PM
I still don't understand why they didn't tone down or diminish Beyoncé's vocals. It made no sense that Deena out-sang Effie the whole movie.

what?
The point of the story is that Deena outshined Effie only bc of her looks and not talent. In the movie, Deena ate Effie's vocals tf up.

Dumb inbred hick
Yes it was. And there were plenty of campaigns that wanted JDud to be the underdog who overtook Beyoncé.
:unbothered:

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

b7

Quote from: YTManzWhore on October 29, 2021, 01:03:45 PM
Y'all really like this movie huh?  :ermm:
Yea

I mean, it's a musical. Like Bran's new show, either you're into that sorta thing or you're not. I can see why some don't use but DreamGirls is fantastic IMO, overall.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 29, 2021, 01:53:28 PM
Quote from: YTManzWhore on October 29, 2021, 01:03:45 PM
Y'all really like this movie huh?  :ermm:
Yea

I mean, it's a musical. Like Bran's new show, either you're into that sorta thing or you're not. I can see why some don't use but DreamGirls is fantastic IMO, overall.

Dr Naomi Campbell

what?

Dumb inbred hick
what show was she watching

b7

Deena didn't outdo her at all, but, "Listen" is random as fuck and had no business being included  :kii: at least not in the way that she sang it. Deena sang her ass off and she ain't supposed to be that damn great. That's the only time she deviated from what the role entails.

They cut out the song Anika Noni Rose's character was supposed to sing in order to make room for it and that's a fact :dead: a lot of DreamGirls Stans were NOT here for that.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Naomi's cheekbones on October 29, 2021, 01:56:01 PM

what?

Dumb inbred hick
what show was she watching
Not sure what show you're referring to but armed discussing Dreamgirls the movie.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 29, 2021, 01:56:31 PM
Deena didn't outdo her at all, but, "Listen" is random as fuck and had no business being included  :kii: at least not in the way that she sang it. Deena sang her ass off and she ain't supposed to be that damn great. That's the only time she deviated from what the role entails.
I don't understand why this is so hard to say. The girls are so busy trying to prove someone wrong but it was a known fact that it was a decision that didn't necessarily make sense. I loved that Bey gave us the song but it doesn't quite fit with the film's narrative.

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius