Billboard: Brandy on 'Beggin & Pleadin': 'This Particular Song Is Freedom'

Started by clutch, January 20, 2016, 01:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BranLover

Quote from: RIG on January 20, 2016, 03:05:24 PM
Quote from: clutch on January 20, 2016, 01:52:28 PM

OMFFFF

This is an ARTIST. Ain't a nigga on here that can doubt that now :uhh: the fact that she came up with the concept, the beggin and pleadin ... ALL of it. went with her instincts and lashed us all

"I'm the shit"

:stressed:

She finally gets it

Biiiiiiitch!!!!

Wtv

Brandy, please.... keep writing and doing NEW things.

PLEASE. I live, no more safe stuff.

Vonc2002

Quote from: NexTae on January 20, 2016, 04:35:40 PM
Quote from: brocka4life on January 20, 2016, 02:25:07 PM
"Especially if it's authentic" then cuts to Brandy lipping in the studio.  :shannonsmissing:

Please don't touch this song Brandy. Keep your ass out of the studio when it comes to the song. NO lipping. Please following this authentic approach all the way through. Get you a band and some background singers (who actually get to sing this time) and perform the hell out of this song. Leave everything on the stage.

I love how this single started off so organically from the recording (it seems) to them releasing it. I think that will make the difference in how it performs.
All of this! I might drag her if she lips this.
If she got on stage and lipped this......................
this vocal requires a LIVE performance, anything less wont do
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

#Mu7

i am so in love with THIS Brandy. I am so happy to have THIS BRANDY back.

brocka4life

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 20, 2016, 04:40:22 PM
"Especially if it's authentic" then cuts to Brandy lipping in the studio.  :shannonsmissing:

Please don't touch this song Brandy. Keep your ass out of the studio when it comes to the song. NO lipping. Please following this authentic approach all the way through. Get you a band and some background singers (who actually get to sing this time) and perform the hell out of this song. Leave everything on the stage.

I love how this single started off so organically from the recording (it seems) to them releasing it. I think that will make the difference in how it performs.
If she got on stage and lipped this......................
this vocal requires a LIVE performance, anything less wont do

I hope she leaves the DJ and the wind machine at home.

Young

Young

Marilyn

FRANCE

Her lipping the song in the studio was definitely just for the video interview. Its been done before, no big deal. But I do agree that she needs to ensure she performs this live. Ditch that damn pre-recorded vocal and go IN. She's been singing to pre-recorded tracks since the Afro era sans a few songs at her shows, and I need for her to get a full band and bg vocalists that actually sing (and not lip to a pitched down Bran vocal). And I love this look for the era, she should rock it.

Sinpool

DrewBabyLove

Ma Lo

Quote from: RIG on January 20, 2016, 03:44:12 PM
Quote from: Rajesha on January 20, 2016, 03:26:55 PM
And I didn't QUITE buy it when she said "I'm the shit".
well ...  It's the first time it's ever come out of her mouth in an interview

She admitted it sounds weird to her but she believes it

I don't think she should've said that . Her talent speaks for itself . Even when she tried to be cocky it's not believable because she's naturally humble .

FRANCE

Brandy should say it. Think it, believe it and speak it. She been humble for way too long.