Steve Harvey: "I quit standup comedy cuz I ain't about to get canceled."

Started by bedtime stories, January 12, 2022, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedtime stories

Quote from: RIG 7 on January 12, 2022, 09:56:16 AM
Steve just be talkin tho. I don't ever remember him being all that edgy or risqué so I'm sure he woulda been fine, but, still smart of him to step down cuz he does typically find a way to put his foot in his mouth. I'm sure there would have been little controversial moments here and there.
they would found SOMETHING

Fnfnfnf all it takes is one lil joke about someone being gay , trans ... someone of another race or whatever ... or shoot even a joke about black people fjjfjfjfjfjf

Once Twitter gets a hold of a clip and sends it thru the edit/remix machine ....ur publicist is on speed dial for at least 6 months dnnfnfnfnfn

I honestly don't blame him. Like walking thru a minefield

STUNNA GOD

And tbh.... he probably should've even kept this to himself. Now it's drawing unnecessary attention to try n find something. This generation is weird af

bedtime stories

Quote from: RIG 7 on January 12, 2022, 09:54:48 AM
Quote from: #stillpretty on January 12, 2022, 07:58:43 AM

some people try to have it ALL
like NIck Cannon..who thought he could be the funny playful coontastic mainstream comedian AND some anti-Jew Hebrew Israealite hotep all at once

jdnfm
G
G
G
G

ophababes.

Quote from: Trey on January 12, 2022, 10:24:15 AM
And tbh.... he probably should've even kept this to himself. Now it's drawing unnecessary attention to try n find something.

am def on the look out

:rthosehotwings:

futire cancelled self

RAY7

The main ppl he might offend is Black ppl
he's already gotten heat for meeting with Trump, and for how he handled his interview with Mo'Nique. Right now it's his Black church ppl and middle American white ppl audiences that are keeping him afloat 

Cartierline

Quote from: #stillpretty on January 12, 2022, 10:17:43 AM
Quote from: RIG 7 on January 12, 2022, 09:56:16 AM
Steve just be talkin tho. I don't ever remember him being all that edgy or risqué so I'm sure he woulda been fine, but, still smart of him to step down cuz he does typically find a way to put his foot in his mouth. I'm sure there would have been little controversial moments here and there.
they would found SOMETHING

Fnfnfnf all it takes is one lil joke about someone being gay , trans ... someone of another race or whatever ... or shoot even a joke about black people fjjfjfjfjfjf

Once Twitter gets a hold of a clip and sends it thru the edit/remix machine ....ur publicist is on speed dial for at least 6 months dnnfnfnfnfn

I honestly don't blame him. Like walking thru a minefield
!!!!
The way those damn loonies run through everything tryna find a problematic crumb
Ch

Purple Moon

Quote from: Marilyn on January 12, 2022, 09:36:29 AM
He's a business man. That man get big money from multiples sources. Hosting. TV shows. Talk shows. Movie roles. Books. He can't take risks like that and have deals dropped left and right. You already see how they did him for that Miss Universe mistake. Some controversial, INTENTIAL jokes?  And at his old age? Steve ain't no fucking fool. Smart ass move for his legacy.
was he critizised for hosting miss universe in israel?
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Aalonso.

Quote from: Mons.Lied. on January 12, 2022, 02:41:56 PM
He was still doing standup? Yuck

No he's just talking. Needed an entry point to complain about the state of the culture "these days." Cancel culture wasn't even a thing when he stopped stand up. He stopped stand up because his star grew and he ended up with 11 other jobs. He didn't stop because of cancel culture

Cowboy Nine

No one wanted to see this big lip jiggaboo do stand up anyway.

Corny ass.

rosone1

He was always kinda safe in his stand-up routines anyway.

But I do agree.And this trend happened so fast.I was binging 2 Broke Girls recently.And a lot of the stuff said on there would've had the show boycotted in today's climate

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉