How Would Lady Marmalade Be With Aaliyah Instead of Mya?

Started by ssw4919, January 17, 2022, 03:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 on January 17, 2022, 06:36:27 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 17, 2022, 06:25:05 PM
Quote from: 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 on January 17, 2022, 04:40:02 PM
I wonder if they approached her and she turned it down. The inclusion of Mya does seem a bit random.
Its not random at all.  Collabs be all about labels and shit and that was mya's connection
Yes, true. She probably wouldn't have gotten the gig otherwise.
Affirmative action wins again  :scrumptious:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

As far as young R&B girls in 2000/01 I don't really see many better choices than Mya and that's all bias aside 
she had the looks and dance ability and sex appeal for the video and a voice that balanced out the loud girls 

Aaliyah didn't really do SEXY like Lady Marmalade it would have been very different for her visually. Bran and Mon were definitely not choices. Beyoncé wasn't solo yet sooo... maybe JLo?

Cowboy Nine

January 17, 2022, 06:59:33 PM #32 Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 07:11:02 PM by Nine Fushiguro.
Quote from: ssw4919 on January 17, 2022, 03:30:06 PM

We know she would have killed the look in the video.   :stressed:

what about the vocals on the song?

:unsure:

FRANCE

Mya was poppin in 2000/2001. Case of the Ex was a big hit prior to that and she pretty much crossovered and had the TRL audience on lock. 

crunk aint dead

Quote from: Trey on January 17, 2022, 06:35:47 PM
But truthfully.... I think the right girls got it. I just don't see Aaliyah fitting in with no mess like this. I could see her being annoyed n over it.

NDNDNDNDNDMDMDMDMDNMDKDNDKDND
D
D
D
D
D

D
S
S
SS
scnsnsdndsnds

xtina SCREAMING in her ear while shes tryna find her groove

kwee was kinda above this mess tbh

Ulysses

I don't think would have ATTACKED like the other girls did on the song. So I don't see it for her 

ssw4919

Quote from: RAY7 on January 17, 2022, 06:57:49 PM
As far as young R&B girls in 2000/01 I don't really see many better choices than Mya and that's all bias aside
she had the looks and dance ability and sex appeal for the video and a voice that balanced out the loud girls

Aaliyah didn't really do SEXY like Lady Marmalade it would have been very different for her visually. Bran and Mon were definitely not choices. Beyoncé wasn't solo yet sooo... maybe JLo?

JLo
Brit
Janet
Madonna
Mariah
Gwen
MJB (  :omf: )

Long-shots:

Christina M.
Kelis
Nelly Furtado
Olivia

I'm just listing female artists out at the time.  Don't come for me.   :dead:

ssw4919

Amazing

Quote from: ssw4919 on January 17, 2022, 07:11:32 PM

JLo
Brit
Janet
Madonna
Mariah
Gwen
MJB (  :omf: )

Long-shots:

Christina M.
Kelis
Nelly Furtado
Olivia

I'm just listing female artists out at the time.  Don't come for me.   :dead:

I don't think Aaliyah was into the idea of collabing with all these females.

I know MJB would never.

https://youtube.com/shorts/lSDAXKv2u-A?feature=share

ssw4919

Aaliyah didn't really do SEXY like Lady Marmalade it would have been very different for her visually.

Honestly, did Pink or Mya at that point?  It was a departure for everyone a bit, except Christina fresh off the heels of Stripped.

Li would have slutted it up a bit in a video, IMO.  Gave the girls a corset and thigh high boots with her garter belt.   :giveittomeddy:

They don't even look that slutty now compared to today's standards.   :plzstop:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Nine Fushiguro. on January 17, 2022, 06:59:33 PM
Quote from: ssw4919 on January 17, 2022, 03:30:06 PM

We know she would have killed the look in the video.   :stressed:

what about the vocals on the song?

:unsure:
sdddffffffgdffgggfffggggghhhhhhhhhhh
:guys:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 17, 2022, 06:34:24 PM
And pink wasnt out of place either.  She was a hot white girl at the time,  that's one.  Secondly she had label ties too, I believe
i can agree with her being outta place cause we knew her at the time as a tomboy so seeing her in a long curly pink wig trying to give SEX just was awkward to me.  its almost like throwing brandy in there trying to give sexy when she really hadnt at the time yet i dont think. 

though i have often thought about brandy being on there

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: FRANCE on January 17, 2022, 07:01:05 PM
Mya was poppin in 2000/2001. Case of the Ex was a big hit prior to that and she pretty much crossovered and had the TRL audience on lock.

she didnt have them on LOCK. the door was just about to lock but never did IMO.

Amazing

Quote from: Troye on January 17, 2022, 07:21:49 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 17, 2022, 06:34:24 PM
And pink wasnt out of place either.  She was a hot white girl at the time,  that's one.  Secondly she had label ties too, I believe
i can agree with her being outta place cause we knew her at the time as a tomboy so seeing her in a long curly pink wig trying to give SEX just was awkward to me.  its almost like throwing brandy in there trying to give sexy when she really hadnt at the time yet i dont think. 

though i have often thought about brandy being on there

Wasn't Brandy pregnant and "married" at the time?

Vonc2002