Sy’rai On My Own Video Out Now! Awww

Started by Ma Lo, May 01, 2023, 01:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

Its gonna come down to the production and song content for me. Artists like Syd kinda have that Syrai tone too. Or even Solange (nothing groundbreaking, kinda just there), but its the production that carries them. Their creativity and their uniqueness. Syrai cant come out on Summer Walker esque songs/beats that any ole R&B girl can sing and pop. But Im still willing and intigued to hear what she brings, but honestly, my expectations are low.

Summertime

Vocals & production are like what's already out. She needs something to separate her from what's already being done. With the right marketing, production, development of her vocals & lyrics she could do well. I like her voice on uptempo productions that she's teased over the years.

dangerous

Give her time to grow into her own tea

GHans debut was Whitney Jr . all up n thru

We didn't  really meet the artistry of GHan we know today until Full Moon IMO

and her artistic edge peaked with GODfrodisiac , then returned with B7

Although it kinda peeked out a bit during NSN . Just a bit :justabit:

dangerous

May 02, 2023, 03:42:24 PM #48 Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 03:44:27 PM by if you had my love
I'd say right now syrai is learning how to actually record and make music

The basics. Getting her feet wet

Once she has that down and she actually experiences life , then we will see more individuality

Right now I'd imagine there's not a whole bunch for her to pull from other than templates

Vonc2002

Yea but brandy still sounded good.......
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BAPHOMET.

I actually don't like the sound of this girls voice at all.

It sounds NOTHING like Brandy nor has that quality even young Brandy had.

dangerous

then turn off the song

problem solved

dangerous

I heard a lil bit of the song

Didn't make my list of weekly jams but good for princess for doing her thing

AfroJisiac

May 02, 2023, 06:29:50 PM #53 Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 06:30:13 PM by AfroJisiac
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 02, 2023, 04:06:33 PMYea but brandy still sounded good.......
ouh  :butwait!:

AfroJisiac

Quote from: BAPHOMET. on May 02, 2023, 04:48:53 PMI actually don't like the sound of this girls voice at all.

It sounds NOTHING like Brandy nor has that quality even young Brandy had.

why would she wanna sound like/be her mom? lol i mean there's already a Brandy, living and making music ...
i bet the girl is definitely not tryin' to be her Mom, that's some big ass shoes to fill, especially for her daughter cause people are waiting to see what she can...  no wonder she's starting with that disclaimer song about that pressure

hewritez

this is nice.
Something about the melody gives me Fauntleroy

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: if you had my love on May 02, 2023, 05:28:54 PMthen turn off the song

problem solved
I did babe. Because it's not good 💔

dangerous

May 02, 2023, 09:04:36 PM #57 Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 09:08:12 PM by if you had my love
Quote from: BAPHOMET. on May 02, 2023, 08:57:22 PM
Quote from: if you had my love on May 02, 2023, 05:28:54 PMthen turn off the song

problem solved
I did babe.
perfect

now to step 2...u gettin knocked tf owt

Heated🔥

May 02, 2023, 11:43:07 PM #58 Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 11:43:48 PM by Heated🔥
Yea it's kinda like she's singing with her inside voice with no emotion.

She's in her jlo voice stage I guess.

dangerous

May 03, 2023, 12:58:06 AM #59 Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 12:58:55 AM by if you had my love
Quote from: Heated🔥 on May 02, 2023, 11:43:07 PMYea it's kinda like she's singing with her inside voice with no emotion.

She's in her jlo voice stage I guess.
careful luv

GOD-lo emotes