Fantasia and Danielle Brooks Nominated for Golden Globes

Started by JCJ 🪐, December 11, 2023, 11:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

December 11, 2023, 09:08:24 PM #32 Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 09:11:22 PM by Lazarus
QuoteAmerica Ferrera, Colman Domingo and Greta Lee Among Critics Choice Association Honorees for Black, Latino and AAPI Achievements

The Ensemble Award will go to the cast of the musical adaptation of "The Color Purple," including Taraji P. Henson, Danielle Brooks, Fantasia Barrino, H.E.R., Halle Bailey, Phylicia Pearl Mpasi, Colman Domingo and Corey Hawkins.

M-Rocka

Quote from: Summertime on December 11, 2023, 08:39:27 PM
Quote from: M-Rocka on December 11, 2023, 08:21:35 PM
Quote from: Summertime on December 11, 2023, 05:45:33 PM
Quote from: M-Rocka on December 11, 2023, 04:41:27 PMThe Color Purple better get some Oscar nods and this adaptation better win something unlike the 1985 version.

It looks like it will get overlooked at least for a win. I've been seeing the trades list Barbie, Killers of flower moon, and Oppenheimer as the major productions predicted to get a best picture Oscar nom.

Eeek, well I hope that's not the case.

I think if Martin Scorsese didn't release this season then maybe they could get a best picture oscars win.  Entertainment Weekly has The Color Purple listed as a predicted nominee, but KOFM as the predicted winner. Best Picture has 10 nomination slots so I think it's a sure thing it'll get a nomination.

EW is predicting Ryan Gosling to win for Barbie in supporting over Deniro, Ruffalo, RDJ, and Charles Melton.  If Barbie does a sweep or gets the major categories at the big awards then you know the studios are really buying awards :plzstop: .
sssssvvcvvvvv

Jesus, we are at the end. :plzstop:  :plzstop:  :plzstop:  :plzstop:  :plzstop:

Vonc2002

Just bought tickets to see the movie on Xmas day with my family
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Monica is a liar on December 11, 2023, 08:50:24 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 11, 2023, 08:18:59 PMBarbie was terrible and I didn't like Oppenheimer either

Barbie is the worst movie I've never seen

youre not missing anything.  i dont see the hype it is terrible.  everyones acting was bad from margot to issa rae to ryan gosling, will ferrell just horrible.

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

December 12, 2023, 08:58:46 AM #36 Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 09:04:23 AM by DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾
Quote from: Lazarus on December 11, 2023, 09:01:20 PMThey were recently honored as a cast for Best Ensemble.
I knew that's the category they would sweep during this season.

@Summertime Not necessarily, Ryan's been previously nominated for The Oscar. He team can play the overdue card and he could get it.
French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Summertime

The Critics Choice Award nominations came out today.

TCP got Best Picture/Best Ensemble/Costume/Hair and Danielle was the only one to get an acting nomination.

JCJ 🪐

Fantasia really leveled up in life. She's really polished now
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Kalifornia.

Not Jennifer Lawrence for that juvenile comedy mess.

Vonc2002

Jennifer Lawrence was really good in no hard feelings tho
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 14, 2023, 07:31:23 PMJennifer Lawrence was really good in no hard feelings tho
It's for the Comedy and musical category.
French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Vonc2002

Why on Apple music all the songs are all available but there isn't one cohesive album

Vonc2002

Oh I guess cause the sdtrk isn't technically out yet. Alot of the songs are available tho just in case no one knew