Burna Boy and Brandy performing at the Grammys ( Official Grammy Thread)

Started by yearofbrandy, February 01, 2024, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalifornia.

I'd love for her to link with Fatima and really create an era. I feel like working with a woman would bring out a different side of her.

Summertime

I like that Burna's team decided to add her to the performance. He gives really good performances.

Harlem

Quote from: Kalifornia. on February 01, 2024, 10:23:35 PMI'd love for her to link with Fatima and really create an era. I feel like working with a woman would bring out a different side of her.

!!!!!!!!!!

We even saw the difference when she had female dancers. It's two different energies. But Brandy reuniting with Fatima is a dream b/c she gets it!

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

NEW MOON

Quote from: Annie on February 01, 2024, 09:49:13 PMBurna Boy will be the first Afrobeats performer ever to play the Grammys at Sunday night's ceremony — and he'll be joined onstage by Brandy and 21 Savage, executive producer Raj Kapoor tells Rolling Stone Music Now. The collaboration will also mark 21 Savage's Grammy performance debut, while Brandy hasn't sung on the show since the Nineties. "It's gonna be huge," says Kapoor. "It's gonna get everybody on their feet."

Fatima Robinson, who worked on Beyoncé's Renaissance Tour, will be the creative director for the Burna Boy performance. Kapoor didn't reveal what songs will be included, but it seems very likely that BURNA BOY WILL perform "Sittin' on Top of the World," which samples Brandy's 1988 hit with Ma$e, "Top of the World" — and featured 21 Savage on a remix.

:loose2when:

Thank God Brandy has the opportunity to work with Fatima again. Hopefully this will inspire her to Keep Frank as far away as possible for her solo stuff.

RAY7

This is about to be the best Grammy show in a long time
Not Brandy AND Beyonce performing
:omf:

Sovereign.

Sovereign.

February 01, 2024, 11:37:32 PM #24 Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 11:37:57 PM by Sovereign.
Quote from: Harlem on February 01, 2024, 10:24:44 PM
Quote from: Kalifornia. on February 01, 2024, 10:23:35 PMI'd love for her to link with Fatima and really create an era. I feel like working with a woman would bring out a different side of her.

!!!!!!!!!!

We even saw the difference when she had female dancers. It's two different energies. But Brandy reuniting with Fatima is a dream b/c she gets it!

Fatima is an icon. She understands what it means to keep up with the times whilst staying true to her artistic essence

Harlem

February 01, 2024, 11:39:02 PM #25 Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 11:48:16 PM by Harlem
Quote from: Sovereign. on February 01, 2024, 11:37:32 PM
Quote from: Harlem on February 01, 2024, 10:24:44 PM

!!!!!!!!!!

Fatima is an icon. She understands what it means to keep up with the times whilst staying true to her artistic essence

!!!

Something Frank quite couldn't keep up with

Sovereign.

I love that Brandy is living in her legend era. I'm hopeful we get "The Front Room" this year and that she gave the performance of her career.

Buy The Stars✨

February 01, 2024, 11:57:11 PM #27 Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 11:57:55 PM by Buy The Stars✨
Quote from: Annie on February 01, 2024, 09:49:13 PM but it seems very likely that BURNA BOY WILL perform "Sittin' on Top of the World," which samples Brandy's 1988 hit with Ma$e, "Top of the World" — and featured 21 Savage on a remix.

:loose2when:

Not 1988 HIT. lol  :plzstop:

ReVon

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"